The M.R.S. Genesis

Started by Delthion, December 26, 2014, 04:01:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Søren

Brushdale sighed. "I see. Well, I suppose we will see what this crew is made of soon enough."
He looked over at the young mouse in the pilot seat.
"Helm, do we have a ETA for our arrival at Nsyslest?"

I'm retired from the forum

Rusvul

Ensign Lee looked up from the panel. "About a week and a half, sir. This ship is much faster than the Arkship... Our engines are a bit higher-grade than nuclear propulsion."

OOC: That time frame okay?

Izeroth

OOC: I can change this, if you want.

As usual, Drod Estir was in the data repository. The aptly-named room, which was outfitted with a touchscreen panel and a holo-book player, was one of the few things onboard the Genesis that the ferret found entertaining. Information on all manner of subjects could be found here, and one could stay for hours on end without getting bored.

Currently, Drod was looking at an article on the planet Nsyslest. According to the blue-and-green screen, the planet's night was 5 hours longer; the day 3 hours shorter. One moon lit the sky, but its light was slightly weaker than that of Earth's moon. The flora and fauna of the planet were quite dangerous, at least in the pictures.

Drod was apprehensive, to say the least. What did I sign up for?

Søren

Meanwhile, in the bridge:
The badger commander stood up, knowing that his presence was no longer needed on the bridge.
"If I may be excused, Captian? I have some matters to attend to in my quarters."

Delthion

OOC: Yeah, both of those posts are fine.

"Yes, of course." said Hastigeth rising to his feet. "Anything new on sensors?"
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Søren

Nyroc Brushdale walked into the cramped room that was his quarters. He didn't think life was difficult on the ship. Definitely less difficult then the last mission.
He walked to his hardly unpacked suitcase. Taking a pad from inside it, he turned it on. It displayed a image of the ship, tactics, things that he should know. Swiping through the images, he stopped at the photo of a female badger. He stared it it for a few seconds, and slammed the pad down on his bed. I am on a mission. He thought.I don't have time for this!
Shuffling through his case he found the barrel and handle of his radion rifle, yet to be re-assembled. He felt the cool, smooth metal. The excellent build quality of the weapon. He put it down, and thought, only for a moment, that he will soon get the chance to use it.

Rusvul

Lee frowned and tapped a few symbols on the console. "I'm not sure, Captain. I'm detecting a very faint emission trail... I can't tell what it is. It might just be a sensor ghost. I'll have to drop us out of-" She was interrupted as the ship shook and trembled. "A ship has uncloaked and opened fire. Not a class of ship I've ever seen before. They have better shielding than we do, and radion weaponry."

A comms beep was heard, followed by Walker's voice. "Walker to the bridge. We've got a problem, Captain. They've targeted our engine. We won't have more than dim one for about an hour."

Izeroth

Joseph was in a hallway that led the bridge, and was startled when the ship shook from an attack. The hare ran to the main bridge, bypassing several guards who looked equally startled. "What just happened?" He asked. "What in 'Gates would another ship be doing out here?"

Rusvul

"I'm not sure. Perhaps-" Lee was cut off again as sparks shot out of her console, forcing her to drop to the ground to avoid injury.

Søren

Hearing and feeling the explosions occurring, Nyroc headed for the bridge.
When he arrived, the bridge crew had several wounded. He helped Lee up, and set her down in her chair.
"Bridge to engineering, can we raise the shields?" He called.

Rusvul

Walker responded into his comm chip. "Already up, sir. Holding for the moment, but we're at 84% and dropping."

Dannflower Reguba

"Silent" the albino squirrel had been watching diagnostics for everything related to their travel, engines, generators, even the shields. So the combination of a large jolt and a sudden drop in shield  strength spelled out what was happening quite clearly. She was out of her seat and on her way to the gen room.... which was really more of a house than anything else. Upon arrival, she found the section dedicated to shielding. They had gotten lucky, there was only one attacker which meant that they could only attack one side, they had also made the tactical error of attacking from a broadside instead of the front or back. This meant the shielding would be easily diverted, and the response of their own weapons would be far more destructive given that they had access to all but the opposite side of the ship.

She started to re-route the dedication of energy to the side under fire, a total of 60% of the power on the other side being transferred. Upon attempting to execute the operation, she was met with an error... The console she was using didn't have the authority to perform the task. The squirrel growled inwardly as she grudgingly sent the command as a request to both the main bridge, and the engineering department, "I'm going to have to "fix" this thing before something like this happens again, ranking goes out the window when lives are at stake!".

OOC: I'm thinking that much makes sense?
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

LT Sandpaw

Casta coughed heavily jumping away from his station where he had been napping. Pressing a series of entry codes he took command of the initial recorders along the M.R.S Genesis's flank. He projected a holographic 3D representation of the ship and scanned for breaches In the hull.
"Captain there has been excessive damage to the armor around two cabins including mine, we need to close off any air leaks in there." Casta yelled out, "Permission to move to our attacked flank to repulse a possible attack?"

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Søren

The bridge crew shook again with another onslaught of explosions.
"Captian! We need to fire back if we are gonna get out of this alive!"

Faiyloe

OOC: I think we should wait for the captain to post before any of us post more than once (Meaning if you have already posted don't post again)

BIC:

Angelica felt the jolt, and immediately went to her room console and tried to com the bridge, but the line was busy. "I'll just have to do it myself," a minute later she stormed onto the bridge "What is going on!"
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?