News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

The Percy Jackson Thread

Started by Jetthebinturong, December 29, 2014, 01:14:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jetthebinturong

Well we talk about it enough I figured it deserved a thread. So yeah, you guys seen any good fanart or fanfiction? The tumblr artist Viria made basically all my headcanons for how they look. She illustrates the scenes from the books in great detail
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Cornflower MM

Hmm. I'll have to check her out! On FF.Net there's a few decent fanfictions, but you have to hunt for 'em. Some people have awesome ideas but their writing could use a bit of work. *Shrugs* As for fanart, I have to say I don't look at much.

Jetthebinturong

I haven't actually read any fanfics yet because spoilers. Oh yeah, that reminds me, PUT SPOILERS IN SPOILERS. I haven't read past Mark of Athena yet and some people could be new to the series. I also count the Kane Chronicles and upcoming Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard books under the name Percy Jacksonbecause they're set in the same universe so feel free to talk about those too. Did you guys know that Magnus Chase is going to be Annabeth's cousin?

Anyway, here are some videos with pictures that artist Viria drew
Nothing Left To Say by Imagine Dragons

C'mon by Panic! At the Disco and Fun

How Far We've Come by Matchbox Twenty

Young Volcanoes by Fall Out Boy (Minor swearing)

Centuries by Fall Out Boy

As you may have seen in the How Far We've Come video, Rick Riordan calls Viria's art some of the best fanart he's seen

Cornflower MM

Wow, Viria is awesome! And I've just had a cool idea for a Percy Jackson fanfiction!

The Mask

I'm really hoping for a book of Kane Chronicles and Heroes of Olympus crossover. I've read the two short crossovers but I want MORE! Oh, and then they can have all three have a crossover!
I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

" I will burn the heart out of you." Moriarty, Sherlock

Rainshadow

I don't know whether Viria's art has inspired me to start drawing Percy Jackson fan art or if I feel slightly intimidated by how good she is.  Seriously, she draws each and every single character EXACTLY how I pictured them.  How?!?
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Jetthebinturong

So, let's assign godly parents to forumers

Rain is Hermes, Rus and Skarzs are both Hephaestus and that's all I've got off the top of my head. Opinions?

Skyblade

That could work. Which one would be your parent, Jet?

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Maudie

I think Jet would be Athena. Or Hades. Lol, who knows. :P
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

The Mask

I think Jet would be Hades. Sky would be Hecatare(spelling?).
I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

" I will burn the heart out of you." Moriarty, Sherlock

Skyblade

Quote from: The Mask on December 31, 2014, 10:35:08 PM

Hecatare?

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Rainshadow

Quote from: The Mask on December 31, 2014, 10:35:08 PM

Hecate?  The goddess of magic?

@Jet-kun:  Mind if I ask your reasoning as to why I'd be one of Hermes' kids?  I haven't read the books in awhile, so I don't remember a lot of what Hermes or his kids are like.  :P
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Jetthebinturong

Well you're fun-loving and slightly mischievous and I'm not sure any of the gods' children are known for their art, well, maybe Athena but I don't know.

I'm Athena or Hades eh? Well those are my favourites, not Percy Jackson-wise for Hades but mythology-wise. Unless it's just their kids in Percy Jackson and not them themselves because Nico is my favourite, well, Nico or Leo, Annabeth is fourth after Percy.

I think most people on this forum are Hermes

Rainshadow

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on December 31, 2014, 11:56:31 PM
Well you're fun-loving and slightly mischievous and I'm not sure any of the gods' children are known for their art, well, maybe Athena but I don't know.

Yeah, I tried looking up "Greek god of art" and got two answers: Apollo, whose "art" is supposed to be music, and Minerva, also known as the Roman version of Athena.  Minerva is described as the "goddess of wisdom, arts, crafts, etc.", but they don't really go into much detail.

So, yeah, Hermes fits, I suppose.  :P  And my opinion is that you'd be the son of Athena, Jet.

Cornflower MM

I don;'t know anyone not already listed off the top o' my head. Who would be my parent? :P