News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

The Percy Jackson Thread

Started by Jetthebinturong, December 29, 2014, 01:14:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jetthebinturong

Honestly, Dionysus. More the mythology version than Rick Riordan's version. You're laid-back and fun-loving but you can have violent outbursts of rage so yeah, Dionysus.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Rainshadow

Oh look, Jet-kun posted before I could.  Oh well, I'm not editing my post 'cause I'm too lazy.  ::)

I kid you not, the only god/goddess running through my head right now is Aphrodite.  WHY?!  I CAN'T THINK OF ANY OTHER GREEK GOD THAT HAS ANY SORT OF CONNECTION WITH YOU, HANA-CHAN!  (I'm not too sure you'd be the daughter of Aphrodite, but for some reason that's the only goddess I can think of at this moment in time.  :P)

AFTER GOOGLING IT:  I can't really pick a specific one for ya, Hana-chan, as I haven't read the books in quite awhile and am relying on the internet to tell me what each of the gods/goddesses are like, but meesa thinkin' either Apollo, Aphrodite, or Hera.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Cornflower MM

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on January 01, 2015, 12:45:04 AM
Honestly, Dionysus. More the mythology version than Rick Riordan's version. You're laid-back and fun-loving but you can have violent outbursts of rage so yeah, Dionysus.

Dionysus, huh? Well, it works.

Quote from: Rainshadow on January 01, 2015, 12:53:50 AM
  Oh look, Jet-kun posted before I could.  Oh well, I'm not editing my post 'cause I'm too lazy.  ::)

I kid you not, the only god/goddess running through my head right now is Aphrodite.  WHY?!  I CAN'T THINK OF ANY OTHER GREEK GOD THAT HAS ANY SORT OF CONNECTION WITH YOU, HANA-CHAN!  (I'm not too sure you'd be the daughter of Aphrodite, but for some reason that's the only goddess I can think of at this moment in time.  :P)

AFTER GOOGLING IT:  I can't really pick a specific one for ya, Hana-chan, as I haven't read the books in quite awhile and am relying on the internet to tell me what each of the gods/goddesses are like, but meesa thinkin' either Apollo, Aphrodite, or Hera.

Aphrodite? Aphrodite?! Aphrodite?! APHRODITE?! No offense to her, but the DAUGHTER OF THE GODDESS OF LOVE?! Apollo? Maybe. Hera? I don't think so, no offense to her.

Rainshadow

Quote from: Cornflower MM on January 01, 2015, 12:56:49 AM
Aphrodite? Aphrodite?! Aphrodite?! APHRODITE?! No offense to her, but the DAUGHTER OF THE GODDESS OF LOVE?! Apollo? Maybe. Hera? I don't think so, no offense to her.

Okay, really the only reason I included Aphrodite was because of all your feminine interests and the fact that YOU HAVE A PINK PROFILE PICTURE AND IT WAS THROWING ME OFF.  :P

My thoughts on Apollo are that you're a dancer and Apollo's the god of music.  Couldn't find the god of dancing, so I figured that music was close enough.  ;)

Hera is (according to the Camp Half-Blood wiki) the goddess of marriage, home, and family.  In "Meet the Greek Gods" on Rick Riordan's website, Hera's described as very matronly and a lover of family.  She's also described as such:  "When Hera is mad, she doesn't just ground you. She's likely to smash you into the ground."  So... yeah.

Then again, you love chickens, so would you fall more under the agricultural category?  As in Demeter?  *Throws hands in the air*  Iunno.  Iunno!  I suck at trying to figure out stuff like this.  :P
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Jetthebinturong

Hera is also completely faithful to Zeus at all times because she's the goddess of marriage
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

The Mask

I doubt she has demigod children because of that.
I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

" I will burn the heart out of you." Moriarty, Sherlock

Rusvul

She doesn't.

I'm actually not sure Hephaestus is an accurate description of me... Be kinda cool if it was, though.

Rainshadow

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on January 01, 2015, 01:15:20 AM
Hera is also completely faithful to Zeus at all times because she's the goddess of marriage

Quote from: The Mask on January 01, 2015, 06:45:04 AM
I doubt she has demigod children because of that.

Oh dear, does she not?  Well, that just shows how recently I've read the books.  ::)

The Mask

I wonder which godly parent would be stuck with me?
I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

" I will burn the heart out of you." Moriarty, Sherlock

Maudie

What about me? Huh?

And Li'l Brother, I think you would be...um...Demeter? Hecate? Nike? I dunno.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Cornflower MM

Quote from: Rainshadow on January 01, 2015, 01:10:13 AM

Okay, really the only reason I included Aphrodite was because of all your feminine interests and the fact that YOU HAVE A PINK PROFILE PICTURE AND IT WAS THROWING ME OFF.  :P

My thoughts on Apollo are that you're a dancer and Apollo's the god of music.  Couldn't find the god of dancing, so I figured that music was close enough.  ;)

Hera is (according to the Camp Half-Blood wiki) the goddess of marriage, home, and family.  In "Meet the Greek Gods" on Rick Riordan's website, Hera's described as very matronly and a lover of family.  She's also described as such:  "When Hera is mad, she doesn't just ground you. She's likely to smash you into the ground."  So... yeah.

Then again, you love chickens, so would you fall more under the agricultural category?  As in Demeter?  *Throws hands in the air*  Iunno.  Iunno!  I suck at trying to figure out stuff like this.  :P

Rainy dear, care to explain the feminine interests part? *Has puzzled look on my face* The only really feminine things about me are my hair and my love of dancing. . . . . Demeter? Maybe. The plants that I don't kill when I do my flower garden always go crazy. So maybe. Apollo is an interesting option. I guess I'm just hard to place.  :P

Rainshadow

Quote from: Cornflower MM on January 01, 2015, 07:37:31 PM
Quote from: Rainshadow on January 01, 2015, 01:10:13 AM

Rainy dear, care to explain the feminine interests part? *Has puzzled look on my face* The only really feminine things about me are my hair and my love of dancing. . . . . Demeter? Maybe. The plants that I don't kill when I do my flower garden always go crazy. So maybe. Apollo is an interesting option. I guess I'm just hard to place.  :P

Lol, hair and dancing were pretty much it.  :P  As I said, I suck at trying to figure out stuff like this.  ::)

Cornflower MM

Don't feel bad. I'm the same way.

Rainshadow

I'm pretty good when it comes to determining Hogwarts houses (although I still am kinda lame at that :P), but deciding which Greek god/goddess you're the child of?  There are too many.  :P

Cornflower MM

Yeah, I know. .  . . .. . . I think. .  No, that wouldn't work. . . . . . .

Maybe Plugg would be a child of Athena?