News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

The Percy Jackson Thread

Started by Jetthebinturong, December 29, 2014, 01:14:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerry

What your doing is pretty pointless. [no offense]
For Redwallllllll!

Cornflower MM

Quote from: Jerry on January 01, 2015, 11:52:57 PM

*Jaw drops* Oh, excuse me, I'm sorry I wasn't aware that there should be a reason and a point to do something, even if it's just for fun!

Rusvul

By that logic, literally everything is pointless. You'll die no matter what, so what's the point of doing anything?

Here's my answer: The point of anything is to make life better for yourself and others.

So because this is entertaining, it is more important than working a job or doing just about anything else.

So, no. What we're doing is not pointless. Criticizing us for it is, though, because you know we won't stop and it doesn't make anything better for anyone.

Jukka the Sling

Quote from: Cornflower MM on January 01, 2015, 11:55:21 PM

*Jaw drops* Oh, excuse me, I'm sorry I wasn't aware that there should be a reason and a point to do something, even if it's just for fun!
You don't need to be sarcastic. :) He's only ten, and new to the forum.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Rusvul

No need for sarcasm when you could use philosophy instead.

Or the inverse, whichever you prefer. I like both a great deal :P

Cornflower MM

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on January 02, 2015, 12:02:54 AM
Quote from: Cornflower MM on January 01, 2015, 11:55:21 PM

You don't need to be sarcastic. :) He's only ten, and new to the forum.

Jukka, you know how I get when I am NOT in a good mood, and as it was I wasn't in a good mood BEFORE I saw that.

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on January 02, 2015, 12:06:21 AM
No need for sarcasm when you could use philosophy instead.

Or the inverse, whichever you prefer. I like both a great deal :P

What the heck is this, Pick on Corn for defending being herself day?!

Jukka the Sling

Corny, I get annoyed about stuff all the time, but it's no excuse to let your annoyance spill over into every post you make. Even if something annoying happens in real life, I don't let it affect me online.

In other words, even if someone's annoyed, they don't have to snap at people (online, at least) when they're upset. :)
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Cornflower MM

SO WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE CABIN?!

Jukka the Sling

Are you talking to me?

I haven't read Percy Jackson, and don't intend to.

Rusvul

No, I don't intend to pick on you for anything. Not my argument. I thought that comment was fairly neutral, actually. Hm. I suppose I was mistaken.

@Jukka: Why would that be?

@Corn: I'll take you literally and say that the Hephaestus cabin has some cool technology, the Athena cabin probably has supercomputers, and the Apollo cabin is shiny.

Jukka the Sling

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on January 02, 2015, 12:14:23 AM
Multiple reasons, not the least of which is the fact that I'm not allowed to.

Cornflower MM

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on January 02, 2015, 12:12:58 AM
Are you talking to me?

I haven't read Percy Jackson, and don't intend to.

No I was not. I was getting back on topic.

@Corn: I'll take you literally and say that the Hephaestus cabin has some cool technology, the Athena cabin probably has supercomputers, and the Apollo cabin is shiny.

I never would have guessed that you like shiny stuff, Rus!

Rusvul

Stars are shiny. Space is shiny. My new MMO mouse has glowy lights, and glowy lights are shiny.

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on January 02, 2015, 12:15:31 AM
Multiple reasons, not the least of which is the fact that I'm not allowed to.
Not... Allowed to?

Jukka the Sling

Cornflower MM