News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

The Arena OOC

Started by James Gryphon, January 14, 2015, 04:56:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delthion

Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Søren

If only I knew a way down from the top...

I'm retired from the forum

James Gryphon

Why not try the elevator?

Now that somebody's been eliminated for the first time, it's time to remind y'all: Eliminated players, or new players who want to try the game, can join, even though the game is already underway. There are three colors and three sets of items left. Pick one of each and you'll spawn (or respawn) in the center.

Also, I haven't updated the items and alliances and things in a while; sorry about that. I mean to do so soon; I'll re-read through everything tonight or tomorrow and see if I can get the first post up to date.
« Subject to editing »

James Gryphon

Double-post:

I did my best to update the alliances and inventories. If I missed anything, please let me know so that I can update it.

Some notes on carrying and using items:

If you use something that you aren't already carrying (like a chair) in an attack, and want to continue carrying it after the attack, please note this; otherwise I'll assume that you mean to drop it once you're finished using it.

Also, if you mean to retrieve fired projectiles (like the ice balloons), please note this in one of your posts; otherwise I will assume you left them where they fell.

Finally, if you pick up an object (again, like the chair) and attempt to wield it, and you're already carrying a lot of objects, you may be required to first drop some items. If you don't specify which items you want to drop, I will choose for you. Items that a player has dropped (or thrown) are free game. The only items that are "safe" are items that you're holding and/or are on your person, and items belonging to an eliminated player that you haven't been able to pick up yet.

I know there's a lot of fine print here; I hope it's not too difficult to understand. If any of y'all have any questions, feel free to ask.
« Subject to editing »

LT Sandpaw

Can say me and Dell retrieve the thrown ice balloons or are they protected?

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

James Gryphon

You should have been able to pick up the balloons, just like Delthion could've picked up the bucket (which Sky had thrown at him).
« Subject to editing »

James Gryphon

Made a quick fix to the chest description -- having been previously opened underwater, it should be full of water, not empty (that would be a little weird).
« Subject to editing »

Søren

So are all those upper-level doors locked?

James Gryphon

« Subject to editing »

James Gryphon

Quote from: rrrrr on September 29, 2015, 04:47:14 AM
I'll just do the arena thingy then. Hopefully it doesn't crumble like the last two. Hopefully Arena 2 is still running though.

I'm more than a little disappointed and irritated with how Arena II has turned out. I understand that a lot's been going on, but it doesn't require that much involvement to stay active. It's like a minimum-requirements RP.

If you're still active, post here. Otherwise, I'll kill you in a dramatic fashion in my next post. Then I'll try to recruit one or two non-players to take what's left and help any of the players that are left to make a game of it.

If nobody is active, then everybody dies and I win, and I'll write a post saying such.
« Subject to editing »

Søren

I want to stay in this. And beat Del to a pulp with my new broomstick. ;D

Faiyloe

I'm active don't kill me!  :o sorry... XP I forgot about this and SAT's and stuff... XP
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Rosie Willowwater

Ignore this xD