News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Unnatural

Started by Faiyloe, February 05, 2015, 12:59:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LT Sandpaw

Arron was woken up by a kick to the side. Sitting up with a gasp of surprise Arron saw three armored weasels surrounding him. One lowered a spear and pointed it at Arron's throat.
"What's your name shrew?" It asked with a growl glaring at him angrily.

"Arron." He replied none ceremoniously, glaring angrily at the weasel. "What's this about?"

"I'm the one asking the questions peasant." The weasel yelled swinging the butt of his spear hitting Arron across the face.

Growling Arron wiped blood from his snout he began to rise only to be knocked down by the weasel.

"Stay down scum." Turning quickly to another weasel he growled quickly. "Move summon the captain tell him we caught the purple smoke beast hurry." Turning back to Arron he pressed the spear point close to Arron's chest. "Try anything an I'll gut you so stay still."

The other weasel ran off while the remaining two kept their weapon points close to Arron never taking their eyes off of him.

"I didn't do it." Arron said quickly, glaring angrily. "I don't even know what your talking about."

"Hush peasant, your a dangerous criminal, you were stupid enough to keep one o' your victims alive, an when he wakes up he will tell us you did do it." He yelled back gesturing over his shoulder.

Arron felt his anger grow and forced himself to take calming breaths hoping the rat knew who had actually attacked him.

OOC: The weasels are low ranking NPC's that are desperate for a promotion and would threaten almost anything they could as the correct target.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Izeroth

Quote from: danflorreguba on February 08, 2015, 03:27:13 AM
OOC: You guys are chasing a character that I didn't name, also, how would you know the names of the beasts you're chasing? You're working off of a vague report.
OOC: We heard you scream. Therefore, we're trying to catch the magic-users before they're altered. (Erich is assuming that you're yelling to warn your friends of the approaching soldiers)

Faiyloe

OOC: Also the scream was that of a younger beast, one of magic age. They don't know who it is so any on is a suspect.

BIC:

"Eric take your men around try and cut him off, you five stay with me, the rest of you spread out in groups of three, come on!" He shouted and charged into the woods in the direction of the shout leading his group in a chase.

Alarie was about to answer Canny when she heard some one shouting her name, She turned to the door and a pitiful looking otter stumbled in. At first she thought she had been the one doing the shouting but soon realized that the voice had been that of a boys. The small shelter was becoming rather cramped and Alarie had to push the otter out of her way as she left the fort Mostly out of annoyance. What was everyone doing here anyway. this was supposed to be their Secret hiding place. Maybe it was one of Patrick's brothers. "Over here!" She shouted back He had sounded a bit urgent, had something happened to Mother? Then she heard more shouts and the sound of many beast running threw the underbrush and the dead leaves. It was a chase!

"Patrick get out here! Soldiers!"

"Get out!" Patrick said to the otter before he turned and reached out to help Canny "Can you walk?" he asked.
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Dannflower Reguba

Thankfully, he hadn't been particularly far off, but his normal hearing was already easily picking up the tramping of the unwanted visitors. A few moments later he found the assembly of oddities, though by this time, they'd have to be pretty ditsy to have not noticed the oncoming soldiers. He stayed in the trees, but called down to them, "I'm assuming you can guess full well who that is by now, I heard them talking about trying to get around you, but if we straight away, and run now, they won't be able to cut us all off." Saurrel was rolling over different ideas in his head, trying to come up with some way to slow the soldier's down. He wasn't at all worried about himself at this point, he was in the trees, and easily faster than any of these armor-bearing oafs, but some of the beasts down below didn't look to be in the best condition.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

BlueRose

Selva looked up pitifully as she was hurried out of the building. "What is it?' She asked in a small voice. 'Is it the guard? What are they here for?" She regretted the need to leave her stolen goods in a different place than usual, but necessity was necessity, and she could come back for them once she managed to get out of danger and find out why the guard was after these other creatures.

Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

Bitterly jittery, and not very glittery.

Izeroth

Erich rushed around to cut his prey off. As he bolted through the woods, a weasel ran to his side. "What is it?" Asked Erich.

"A magic-user," gasped the weasel, who had been running his hardest. "I think we caught a magic user!"

"Are you sure it was a magic-user?" Erich asked.

"No, but-"

"Then bring him to the captain!" Erich yelled. "I don't have time to look at every stupid beast you idiots find!"

Kitsune

Arden was sitting on a bench outside of his mother's floral shop. In his paws was a small brown pot filled with dirt. The new shipment of flower pots had come that day, and he was supposed to be checking them to see if any had holes, but instead he was daydreaming with his eyes closed. He was thinking of a flower he saw earlier that day, a tired and dirty daisy on the side of the road with half of its petals missing. He imagined what it would have looked like with all of its petals, and then, what it might have looked like with twice the petals. A double-layered daisy! He laughed to himself. The things he thought of sometimes. He imagined what it might look like in the pot that he was holding. After a moment, he decided that he should probably get back to checking the pots. He opened his eyes, and found himself staring right at the flower he was thinking of. He gave a shout of alarm, quickly dropped the pot and stood up, peering at the odd flower. "Arden?" his mother called from inside the shop, alerted by the startled shout and the sound of the crashing pot. Arden picked of the strange flower, hesitated for a moment, then turned and ran down the road without looking back.

Dannflower Reguba

OOC: How on earth did you catch anyone? You aren't anywhere near close enough for that, besides, that's an action that requires input from the other players, as well as their reactions.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Unimaginative

"I...I think so." Canny said, reaching out and taking Patrick's hand. He coughed some more, but less violently.
"Once built a steamboat in a meadow
Cos I'd forgotten how to sail" - The Gardener , The Tallest Man on Earth

Izeroth

Quote from: danflorreguba on February 08, 2015, 11:44:04 PM
      OOC: How on earth did you catch anyone? You aren't anywhere near close enough for that, besides, that's an action that requires input from the other players, as well as their reactions.

OOC: Take a look at Lt. Sandpaw's post.

Faiyloe

OOC: The creature in question was Arron and LT already initiated his own capture in his post.

BIC:

Alarie looked up and saw another squirrel up in the trees "I'm assuming you can guess full well who that is by now, I heard them talking about trying to get around you, but if we straight away, and run now, they won't be able to cut us all off." She herd him call down.

"What is it?Is it the guard? What are they here for?" The otter said.

"I don't know, now come on!" Alarie said grabbing for her arm and running into the Forrest.

OOC: Han feel free to PP Patrick helping you get away.

BlueRose

Selva smirked triumphantly to herself as she was pulled along by the squirrel. Nothing like a bout of pity from someone who didn't know her. The young ottermaid hadn't expected the need to run again, but at the moment she realized that she was grateful for the experience, or she'd be very sore and tired.

Selva wondered about these other creatures. What scared them? Why were they running from the guard? She knew they weren't street scummer like herself, so what made them scared?

For a moment, just a moment, she allowed herself to wonder if, just maybe, they had something else in common with her. Then she shook her head and scolded herself for having even thought about The Thing.
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

Bitterly jittery, and not very glittery.

Izeroth

Now Erich could see a small house in the distance. As he came ever closer to his target, he couldn't help but wonder what resistance, if any, the magical beasts might offer.

A trumpet blared in the distance, and the soldiers began yelling war cries. The effect was so terrifying that Erich almost felt a shadow of pity for the magic-users.

Unimaginative

Leaning on Patrick heavily, Canny made his way into the forest behind Alarie. "Where to know, Alarie?" he asked, staring into the forest and clearly worried by the trumpets.
"Once built a steamboat in a meadow
Cos I'd forgotten how to sail" - The Gardener , The Tallest Man on Earth

Faiyloe

Alarie could hear creatures in pursuit the sounded like they where coming from all directions, except for one, strait ahead.

"Where to now, Alarie?" Canny said. Alarie looked back at him panic clear in her eyes "Ih, I don't know," She said looking around at the forest. She didn't wan't to be next, So many of her friends had been taken. She let go of Selvas paw and for a moment she forgot everything else except the fact that she had to get out of there, her heart rate beat out of control, her fur stood on end with static, and electric sparks flew every time her footpaw came in contact with the ground. Then she looked back over her shoulder and saw Patrick lagging behind with Canny. What about him, he had no magic, He should not get in trouble because of her problem, none of them should. She stopped still and said "Patrick try and get them hidden," before she darted up a tree and started back. She wasn't even sure what she was going to do she just knew that she had to do something.