Antigonus Drakon (The Mask) Vs Arya Brushtail (Cornflower MM)

Started by Cornflower MM, February 15, 2015, 12:31:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cornflower MM

Arya Brushtail was walking through Mossflower Woods when she saw a cave that she hadn't seen before. Naturally, the squirrel was curious - She'd thought she knew that part of Mossflower Wood quite well, but apparently not. Arya walked cautiously over to the mouth of the cave and peeked in - It was nothing remarkable, just some twigs and leaves blown in. Certainly there wasn't any threats, so Arya walked in, scoping it out a little more. She could barely see the back of the cave, so the curious squirrel walked forwards a little more.

The Mask

Antigonous sniffed the air. Mossflower was full of scents but this one was distinct. And close. He crouched and sneaked towards the source. He was new to these parts, He came from a southern forest, full of painted tree rats. At first, all he could see was a cave. Then he saw the squirrel. He wasn't fond of squirrels, they reminded him of tree rats. He decided to have some fun with this one.He walked quietly towards it, then called out, "Oi! Squirrel, give me all your  gear or I'll slit ya throat! 
I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

" I will burn the heart out of you." Moriarty, Sherlock

Cornflower MM

Arya immediately whirled around, drawing her sword. Holding it straight out in front of her, the squirrel called, "No I nutty well won't give you all my gear, and I'd love to see you try slitting my throat! Now, show yourself." She ordered, settling into a ready crouch, her eyes flicking from side to side. Arya mentally cursed herself for letting her guard down; the woods were full of vermin groups now.

The Mask

As soon as the squirrel crouched into a stance, Antigonous knew it wouldn't be an easy fight.Slowly drew out a kunai from his pocket and held it behind his back. Then, with his other hand, he drew his long curved dagger from it's sheath.  Quick as a flash, he threw the kunai and grabbed another, waiting for his opponent's next move.
I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

Cornflower MM

Arya spotted something shiny coming towards her, fast, and barely had the time to bring up her sword and deflect it. "Oh, now that's just playin' dirty." She called, trying to pin down anything that mat betray her opponent's position from the general area the thing that had been thrown at her had come from.

The Mask

Antigonous was genuinely surprised. The first kunai almost always got them. The second was just a back up. The third and fourth hadn't been used in years. "Ain't nothing dirty about me you stupid rat!" He came out from the cover, standing tall. He slipped out his remaining kunai, one for each finger now.

Cornflower MM

"Rat? Just who do you think you're talkin' to, mink? I'm a squirrel!" Arya snarled, coming out of her ready position and pointing her sword at the mink. He was seriously cheesing her off, and a cheesed-off Brushtail was not a pretty sight. You could ask her neighbours.

The Mask

Antigonous shouted back at her " I don't care if you're a five-eyed turtle, I'll kill ya!" He ran to meet her but jumped wildly at the last second, to try to strike her from above.

Cornflower MM

Arya threw herself to the side when the mink jumped, but his dagger nicked her ear. Falling into a roll, the squirrel stood up and faced her opponent. "Nice move." She commented. The squirrel flicked her tail almost idly as she slipped into her 'ready' crouch again.

The Mask

This squirrel was starting to really annoy her. Every attack he made, she dodged. He wasn't going to be evaded again. He crouched down low and gestured for her to come forward.

Cornflower MM

Arya snorted and rolled her eyes - How dumb did this vermin think she was? The squirrel shook her head. There were endless possibilities for the mink to fatally wound her if she went forward if he had a dagger! No, Arya decided that she would stay right here she was.

The Mask

Antigonous sighed. This squirrel was incredibly annoying. He flicked his second kunai, hoping to throw her off guard. Then he ran at her, dagger in hand and kunais in the other.

Cornflower MM

Arya saw another one of those whatever-they-ares coming at her, and the squirrel ducked, though not fast enough - The thing cut her ear. Standing up straight again, she snarled at the approaching mink. "You're going to pay for that!" Arya waited until he was in range, then slashed diagonally with her sword.

The Mask

Clunk! Antigonous' dagger flew off into the trees, along with part of his paw. He growled at Arya angrily. "That was me good paw. In return, I'll take your whole hand off!" With that, he leaped back and waited for her to attack.

Cornflower MM

"Well, you know, you're the one who attacked me, so shouldn't we consider that payback?" Arya inquired, a mischievous glint in her eyes. But while she joked, the squirrel was analyzing the best way to attack. Skipping forward, Arya feinted for another slash - This one horizontal, aimed to go across the mink's stomach - but really went for a stab at his right footpaw.