News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Mhera's Art

Started by Mhera, March 11, 2015, 09:38:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhera

Hickory

Hey Mhera, I'm contacting several artists for a Downtown artwork collection, and you're one of them. If you are opene for requests, here's the sheet.

Species: Weasel
Weapons: a knife; a rifle
Armor (if any): A Kevlar vest
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Lady Ashenwyte

The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Mhera

Well, that took awhile. Sorry for the wait!

art
First up is Ash's wolf:

(Don't think I quite caught the "female" part...)

Then Raymond Barkfoot for Sage...

And finally a random motorcycle sketch based off of this picture:

[close]

Luftwaffles

Very nice job, Mhera :)

That motorcycle looks really look.
~Please be sure to join us if ever you are passing~.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

Søren

I'm retired from the forum

Skyblade

Wow, I'm truly impressed! Very well done :D You know how to draw.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Mhera

Russano the Wise

I like them! Nice job, Mhera!
"But if you really love your friends, they're never really gone. Somewhere they're watching over you and they're always there inside your heart." -Martin the Warrior

Russa Nodrey

Freddy

Faiyloe

This is some really good stuff, I like how you take the animals and make them look rather realistic yet still redwally. I noticed how you where having trouble getting the wolf to look female. Try making the shoulders less wide, the body smaller, smother lines and less details, (This is all in compassion to how you draw a male not how you drew the wolf) another thing you could do is darken the lines around the eyes to draw attention to them (No need to draw lashes if you don't want) a slightly smaller nose.

Do you use guide lines when you draw? I find they make a world of a difference when working with proportion. 
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Hickory

Thanks for Raymond, Mhera, he looks great!
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Mhera

Quote from: Russa Nodrey on April 30, 2015, 02:14:52 PM
Those are awesome!
Thanks.

Quote from: Sagetip, the hare on April 30, 2015, 04:41:41 PM
Thanks for Raymond, Mhera, he looks great!
You're welcome!

Quote from: Faiyloe on April 30, 2015, 04:01:40 PM
This is some really good stuff, I like how you take the animals and make them look rather realistic yet still redwally. I noticed how you where having trouble getting the wolf to look female. Try making the shoulders less wide, the body smaller, smother lines and less details, (This is all in compassion to how you draw a male not how you drew the wolf) another thing you could do is darken the lines around the eyes to draw attention to them (No need to draw lashes if you don't want) a slightly smaller nose.

Do you use guide lines when you draw? I find they make a world of a difference when working with proportion. 
Thanks for the pointers! I use a few guidelines when I sketch, but I'm used to just going without; I learned to draw by copying comic books, so I'm relatively unfamiliar with art techniques. The thing with humans is that I know enough about anatomy to get proportion right when I want to, but with anthropomorphized animals it's trickier finding the right balance as there's no set average proportion to work off of.

Faiyloe

The best thing you can do is observe from real life. There is this one person, Monika Zagrobelna, that dose these great tutorials on the anatomy of animals (along with other things). Here is a link to the page where you can find all her tutorials.  I would post some of my favorites but my computer is acting up... XP

http://tutsplus.com/authors/monika-zagrobelna?page=8
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Mhera

Thanks. I took a look and have already learned some stuff; I'll try to put it into practice.