News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Corny's Non-Redwall Stories.

Started by Cornflower MM, March 29, 2015, 05:26:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cornflower MM

See title. :P Anyways, Skye convinced me to do this, so, THANKS SKYE! Here are some of my non-Redwall stories. Please enjoy! I will be taking out the A/Ns, but not the disclaimers. WARNING: Twilight stories in abundance! Also, short chapters abounding! WARNING: My stories are T for a reason. ;)

Secrets of a Cowboy Chapters

Secrets of a Cowboy is a Twilight fanfiction. In this one, Jasper had a daughter back before he was changed. . . Now, fifty-ish years after Twilight, he finds out she's a vampire too. What happens next?
Chap. One

DISCLAIMER: I do NOT own Twilight or any characters from Twilight. I own a few OC characters, that's all.
~~~
There are some things that no one – And I mean no one, not even Edward or Alice – know about me. For instance, the fact that I had another wife before my beloved Alice. Or about the fact that I had a child, a beautiful baby girl, also with this woman. This lady's name was Annabelle Whitlock, or before we were married, Annabelle Jones.  I loved her, I truly did, but it was a different sort of love than the one I have with Alice. What Alice and I have is something truly remarkable, something that no one can fully grasp unless they, too, have a mate. But enough of my musing. Sometimes, I still like to remember the foggy memories I have of Annabelle and our daughter. It'd not much, but it can be nice to remember them. Our daughter's name was Elizabeth, or Beth or Bethy for short. . . She was named after Annabelle's grandmother on her mother's side. . .

Suddenly, Alice jolted me from my thoughts. "Jasper, are you alright?" She asked, frowning. "It's nothing. Just thinking, that's all." I replied, extremely glad Edward wasn't around; sometimes, having a member of the family who could read minds was really a pain in my neck. Sometimes I envied Bella, not having Edward hearing her thoughts unless she wanted him to. Oh, I suppose I should mention we're in Alaska with the Denalis. It's been fifty years since Bella was turned. Jacob and Renesmee are visiting, but they're all out hunting, Jake accompanying them. They did have a lot to talk about – Jacob and Renesmee were going to get married. I sighed, going over to the window, Alice following. "Jasper, I think you should hunt. You haven't for a while, and school starts tomorrow. Speaking of which, have you heard? There's going to be a new girl. . ." I let Alice's chatter fade to background noise. She was right – I should hunt. And I would. . . After I satisfied the compelling urge go look at the single picture I had of Annabelle and Beth.

An artist had been kind, and drawn their portrait for me, then mine for them. It was right before that fateful evacuation, and I had been able to visit them for one week for my twentieth birthday. One of the best weeks of my entire life, although I confess I don't remember much about it. I smiled at Alice. "Alright, I'll go hunt. I'll meet you by the boulder, alright? I want to do something. It'll only take a second." I told her, pressing my lips to her short spiky hair. I waited for her nod, then I ran up to our room and walked over to a shelf, pulled out a motorcycle magazine, and quickly went through the pages until I reached page forty-four.  Then I slowly, almost reverently, turned the page and looked at the one picture I had of my former family. Beth was one year old in this picture, and her mother was holding her. Annabelle was looking tenderly at her, a small sad smile on her pretty face. Even though I could remember every detail about this picture, I still liked to look at the actual drawing. I smiled wistfully, then carefully shut the magazine and but it back on the shelf, and ran to meet Alice.

Hey, look, I'm a LINEBREAK!

The next day at school I didn't pay much attention. I was thinking about the strange scent Alice and I had found while out hunting. For some reason, it seemed slightly familiar to me. Oh, there was that ear-shattering bell. Wincing, I stood up, grabbed my bags, and headed out of the classroom. Time for free period. Well, technically, it's the 'study period' but what am I supposed to study? I was joined by a very anxious Rosalie and Emmett right outside the library door. They grabbed my arms and hauled me off to our usual table in the corner of the library. "What? What is it? Let go!" I demanded in a quiet tone, annoyed. The pair let go and I sat down, then asked, "Well, what is so all-fired important that you have to grab me and practically drag me – Which you BOTH know I don't like – over here?" I asked again with a huff. "Sorry, Jasper. Rose's orders." Emmett apologized, with a small grin. "I should have known." I groaned, then turned to Rosalie, who looked like she was about to burst. "Well? What is it?" Rosalie gave a small, dainty, utterly fake cough. "Well, actually, Bella told me that Edward wants to talk to you in free period so I needed to make sure you're here. I'm sorry, Jazzy." She apologized, straightening her shirt self-consciously.

I sighed. "What the hell is going on?!" I rhetorically asked. They shrugged, and then cast a small glance at each other. They were sorry, I could tell that, but otherwise they weren't entirely truthful. They knew what was up. I huffed again, stood up, and was about to leave when Bella and Edward appeared, both anxious. "Took you long enough." I growled. "Now, what is it?" Bella answered me. "Jasper, remember that scent you and Alice crossed last night?" I nodded, and she continued. "Well, it's another vegetarian!" She said excitedly, and I frowned. There were no other vegetarians. At least, none that we knew of. "Is there a coven, or is she or he a nomad? How do you know this information?" I asked, wondering at Bella's excitement, Rosalie's nervousness, Emmett's strange thoughtfulness, Edward's puzzlement, and Alice's- Wait, Alice?! What was this? Why was my family ganging up in the library in THIS particular period? "Alice. What is going on that is so important that all of you are skipping Biology, PE, and Science?" I asked acidly. Bella answered. Again. "Jazz, it's a she, and we've all seen her. The last two periods, in fact." 'Why am I always the last to know these things? I was the last to know about Bella, the last to know about Renesmee, the last to know that we're moving to Alaska. . . The list goes on and on!' I thought with a spark of irritation, noting the flicker of amusement that crossed Edward's face – and emotions - at my thoughts.

"Well, you can go now. I really don't see why you had to gang up me now, when you could just tell me at lunch." They rolled their eyes at my reply, and left. Well, except Rose and Emmett, who got out their note books and started doodling. I joined them, and was just finishing a nice drawing of Alice's face when someone mentioned shopping when the bell rang. Joy. Time for lunch period. How humans eat such disgusting food, I don't know.

As my two siblings and I walked into the cafeteria, five minutes later, I grimaced. All teenager cafeterias are hell for empaths. Quickly straightening my facial expression, I got my food and sat down in my usual seat. Then, the owner of the strange, slightly familiar scent walked into the cafeteria. I turned in my seat, looking.

Then I saw her. Blonde hair the same color as my own fell to her waist. Her golden eyes were the same shape as Annabelle's. Her lips also resembled her mother's, but her nose and chin were the mirror image of mine. She was laughing, joking with a girl named Carrie Stancliff. My throat tightened, and that was when she noticed me. Her eyes were curious, searching. I stood up, turned to my family, ad said. "I got a really bad stomach ache and went home." They were looking at me curiously. Alice asked, "Jazzy, are you okay? Is something wrong about Elizabeth?" I quit breathing.

Edward was staring at me, and then gave a small nod of his head. My thoughts weren't making any sense. That nod told me to go. I turned and left, pausing at the door to the cafeteria to look once more on the vampire called Elizabeth. She was still watching me, and I turned and left, walking with quick, measured steps, forcing myself not to run. I heard steps behind me, and forced myself to breathe. Oh, hell no. No, no, no, this couldn't be happening. I walked out the glass door, looked back, and saw her turning the corner. I ran into the forest without another look back. I ran for about three hours, once even stopping and going back, until I heard that somebody was still following. I turned and just kept running. Suddenly, I gasped. Pain. That was all I felt. I swayed, then fell to my knees. Oh, dear Lord, put that person out of their misery. I found myself screaming wordlessly with the pain. I curled into a little ball, still screaming. Oh, it hurt. It hurt so badly. So, so, so badly. That was when I lost control of my senses, falling into the vampire state of unconsciousness.
[close]
Chap. Two

DISCLAIMER: I do NOT own Twilight or any of its LOVELY characters – Stephanie Meyer does, and I'm not her. I'm also not that good a writer. All I own are a few OCs!

My name is Elizabeth Grace Whitlock. My mother was Annabelle Marie Whitlock, and my father was Major Jasper Lee Whitlock, the youngest Major in the Confederate Army. At the age of nineteen, I was turned into a vampire. Right now I'm living in a small, rather run-down shack in Alaska. Oh, and one important thing you need to know about me is that I don't drink people – I prefer animal blood. I don't think there's any other vampire in the world like me, but, to tell the truth, I don't really care. I'm ungifted, which is a little bit of a bummer, but I'm strong even for a vampire.  That's kind of cool, actually.  Whenever anyone scoffs at my diet, I can always show them who's boss. . . .  I was jolted from my thoughts by the smell of a moose. I grinned and ran towards the smell. After I was done, I buried the moose. It was respectful and helpful for the environment too. I idly ran around the countryside of Alaska for a bit, wondering what the new school I was going to would be like. I was changing my last name to Irving for this school. Whitlock is a little too recognizable. I was reflecting on names when I ran across the scent of a HUGE coven of vampires, and EW, what were those smells? Yuck! Disgusting. I remembered one smell from a very short stint in Forks, Washington, but not the other. . .  

HI, I'm back! Remember me, LINEBREAK?

I walked into home room, and almost jumped for joy. There, in the back of the classroom, were two golden eyed vampires! The only available seat was next to them, too. One was a male, with messy bronze hair. The other was a female, with shoulder length pretty brown hair. Then the teacher spoke up: "Class, this is Elizabeth Irving. I expect you all to welcome her. Bella, your next class is right across the hall from Elizabeth's. Will you walk there?" He asked. I looked around, wondering who 'Bella' was, and the female vampire spoke. "Of course, Mr. Bowman." She answered him. "Excellent, now, Elizabeth please take a seat next to Bella."  He ordered me. I nodded, and quickly made my way over to the chair, and sat down, putting my book bag on the floor next to me.

Bella whispered "Hi, I'm Bella Cullen and this is my mate, Edward." I smiled at her and whispered, "I'm Elizabeth Irving, but you already know that." Bella smiled back, and so did Edward. "So, you're vegetarian, like us?" He suddenly murmured, too quiet for human ears to hear. "Yes." I confirmed. After that, there wasn't any more conversation, and we sat in companionable silence. When the bell rang, Bella jumped up and smiled at me. "Come on, I'll take you to your next class, and introduce you to Alice, Emmett, and Rosalie." She said in her bell-like voice. I shoved my notebook back into my bag, since it was falling out, and waited a moment while she murmured a "See you later." to Edward and gave him a peck on the lips.

As we set off down a hall, she said "Some of our family is talented. Edward can hear thoughts. Alice can see the future, based on your decisions. I have a mental shield, and- Rose! Em! Alice!" I wondered who she was going to say next, but I quickly noticed three vampires coming out of a classroom ahead of us. There were two females and a male. The male was big and burly, and looked stronger than me. One female was absolutely gorgeous, with long pale blonde hair. The other female was short and pixie-ish, with spiky black hair and a bounce in her extremely graceful step.  They waved, and their eyes widened when they saw me. "Who is she, Bella?" The blonde asked. "This is Elizabeth Irving. Elizabeth, this is Rosalie" She indicted the blonde "Emmett" The big burly male "And Alice." The pixie, of course. "Hello, Elizabeth." They said in unison. Bella laughed, and the trio laughed with her. I smiled. "Hi, Rosalie, Alice, Emmett, it's nice to meet you." I said when the laughing stopped.

We all walked down the hall, made a turn, walked ten feet, and there was Bella's next classroom. "See you later, Bella." I said. She smiled at me again, and then I turned and walked into our classroom, while Alice, Emmett, and Rosalie continued. It was Biology, with Ms. Jarrett. It was fun, believe it or not, and it passed quickly. I made a new friend, too: A girl named Carrie Stancliff. When I walked into the cafeteria with Carrie laughing at a joke she told me, I spotted the Cullen table right away. There was someone else sitting there too, a blonde male.

He turned, and stared at me, with shock across his features. I stared back at him, intrigued. He reminded me of someone, or something. He turned to his siblings and said something, then left the cafeteria, pausing in the doorway to look at me again. I was by that time finished getting my food, and I decided to follow him. I set my food down, and pulled my phone out of my pocket, pretending to have gotten a text. "Aw, man! It's my mom. I have to go. See you tomorrow, Carrie!" Then I left the cafeteria, walking quickly. The man ahead of me wasn't running, just walking with quick, measured-sounding steps. . . He wasn't breathing, either. No, wait. He was breathing again. When I walked around a corner, I saw the door up ahead, and the man giving a quick look through. When he saw me, he ran towards the forest. I quickly followed, and we ran for a good three hours. I think he even started doubling back once, but I'm not sure.

Suddenly, I heard wordless screams of pain up ahead, and then they stopped. I ran even faster, and saw the vampire I had been chasing . . . curled into a ball, unconscious? No, that couldn't be right. We're vampires, for crying out loud! We just don't fall unconscious! I poked him with my foot. He didn't move. 'Oh, dear. This is bad. This is very, very bad.' I thought, bending down and nudging him with my hand. Standing up, I sighed. This was going to be hard to explain to the Cullens, alright. I picked him up, and his head sagged, his wavy, unruly, chin length blonde hair falling off his face and revealing his strangely familiar features. I started running, every once in a while stopping to check on the comatose vampire I was carrying.

He was still out when I got to the Cullen residence, and Alice came out, calling "Carlisle!" I wondered if this guy was Carlisle, or if it was someone I hadn't met yet, because this was surely the place I'd smelled last night. Wait, was it only last night? But then Alice reached me, dry sobbing. "Oh no, oh no, I knew it. Please don't let him be dead!" She moaned, taking him from me. "Carlisle!" she called again and I realized that she must be calling for someone in the house. We were now surrounded by vampires. "Alice, take him inside." A blonde vampire said. He had short, slicked back hair, and a quiet, slightly British voice. "Yes, Carlisle. I'll take him to your study."  Alice said, in a subdued voice, running inside the house. The male who must be Carlisle turned to me. "Are you the one who found him?" He asked me. I nodded, and bit my lip. "Did you see or hear anything?" Again, I nodded. "Yes, I heard him screaming, and then it stopped suddenly. When I found him, he was curled in a ball like that."

Carlisle nodded, told me to stick around, and then ran in the house. Since I was now the only one left outside, I followed him. I didn't really look at the décor (I never do), and then I found Alice, who was very obviously distraught. "He'll be fine, right?" I asked. "Oh, Elizabeth, I'm so scared! The last time he was like this. . ." She trailed off, her eyes glazed over for a moment, and then she shot up and walked quickly across the hall, and opened the door there. I followed her after a moment, curious. Plus I didn't want to be by myself. "Carlisle, he's going to come to in fifty-three seconds." She trilled. Sure enough, in fifty three seconds he stirred, and Alice stroked his forehead. "I'm here, sweetheart. Are you okay?" She asked quietly. Carlisle and I slipped out quietly, shutting the door.

"What happened to him? Will he be okay?" I asked, and the vampire's brow furrowed. "I have no idea what causes him to do this. It wasn't the first time. You say you heard him screaming?" He checked. "Yes. I don't know what caused it." Carlisle nodded. "I see. I'm Carlisle Cullen, by the way." He introduced himself, holding out his hand. I shook it. "Elizabeth. Elizabeth Whitlock." There wasn't much point in giving him my false name. Carlisle studied me. "That's funny. Elizabeth, do you know the name of my son?" He asked. I realized I didn't. Just then, we were swarmed by the other vampires. "Oh, Carlisle, is he alright?" A petite dark haired vampire asked. "Yes, Esme, our son will be fine. Elizabeth got him here just in time, thankfully." He replied. "Oh, thank you. Thank you so, so, so much. I'm Esme." The woman said, hugging me. I awkwardly hugged her back, slightly surprised. "You're welcome?" I replied, making it sound like a question.

Soon, others were introduced to me. There was Tanya, Kate, Carmen, Eleazar, Garrett, Renesmee, and Jacob. We moved to the living room, Esme detached herself politely; she said she wanted to check on her son. Soon she came back with Alice. "He'll be here in just a minute." Alice said happily, skipping. She came over to me and hugged me. "Oh, thank so much, Elizabeth. I don't know what we would have done if you hadn't brought him back to us." Alice announced. Edward stood up and walked over to the doorway, giving the vampire standing there a hug. "I thought you might have been done for this time. I shouldn't have let you go off in that state." He said, standing back. "Edward, it's okay. I'm okay." His voice was a rich bass, definitely with a Southern twang. The vampires went over in one big crowd. But the shape shifter, I think he was Jacob, stayed back, and so did I.

The girl Renesmee, I noted, was one of the first to jump up. "Uncle, I was so worried!" I heard her say. I looked at Jacob. "Did she just call him 'Uncle'?" I asked. He nodded. "Yeah, she's Bella and Edward's daughter." Seeing my confused look, he added, "She was conceived when Bella was still human. Bells stubbornly decided she wanted to keep her baby, so Edward and I used emergency vampirization – And even then, we were hard pressed to her stubborn heart beating." He shuddered at the memory. "That sounds awful." I replied. "Oh, it was." Edward said. "But it turned out fine in the end, although even though it saved our necks, Jake, I'm still not happy you imprinted on Ness!" He sounded a little mad at the end, but Jacob laughed. I was interrupted from watching them when I felt someone watching me. Just then, Bella laughed. "Jasper, no fair! You're doing the mood thing again!"

I felt like someone had just sucker punched me. I stood up, and said, "Well, I have to be going now. I'll be sure to stop in over the weekend. . ." With that, I left. I just must be imagining things. Yeah, that's it! I overreacted. Jasper's a common name. I told myself on the way home. But still, when I got to my little shack, I went to a box that I hadn't unpacked yet and looked through it until I found a little, yellowed, folded-up paper. I opened it, and gasped.
There, staring me in the face was Jasper Cullen.

I did the natural thing – Next morning, I took my picture and ran to the Cullen's home and knocked on the door.
[close]
Chap. Three (VIOLENCE WARNING!

DISCLAIMER: I do NOT own Twilight, or its characters! They are the lovely Stephanie Meyer's! All I own is a few OCs

The first thing I realized was that there wasn't any more pain. I turned my head, and heard Alice saying, "I'm here, sweetheart. Are you okay?" There was the sound of a door shutting. I blinked and sat up. "Oh, Alice, it hurt so badly. I don't know what happened. . ." I said, shaking my head, trying to get rid of the memory. Alice's sorrow and sympathy was affecting me slightly, too, but I didn't care. "Oh, Jazzy, I was so worried." She whimpered, climbing onto my lap. I smiled and held her. "It's okay now sweetheart. I'm fine now; I just need to be careful." I murmured.

She laid her head against my chest, and I sighed. Poor Alice - I hated scaring her like this. The last time this happened, she wouldn't let me out of her sight for weeks! With reason, I admit. We sat and cuddled for a few more minutes, and then Esme came in. "Oh, Jasper! How are you feeling? Don't do that ever again! You scared me! Oh, I'm so glad you're okay!" She said, half scolding me and half relieved. She hugged me, then said, "Why don't you change clothes then come down? Everyone's worried." I looked at the muddy mess of my shirt and nodded. I was surprised Alice hadn't said anything, to be honest. "Yes, Esme, I'll be there in just a minute." I said, smiling at her and sending a wave of reassurance. She smiled back, and then she and Alice left.

I stood up and quickly ran to my room, grabbed a shirt, changed, and walked to the living room. Esme was right – Everyone was worried. I stopped in the doorway and watched my family with a half smile on my face, unnoticed for the moment, and thought: Hello, Edward. I'm sorry for running out in the middle of lunch earlier. I'll explain later. Edward stood up and walked over to me.  "I thought you might have been done for this time. I shouldn't have let you go off in that state." He told me, reaching forward and hugging me. I smiled and sent him a wave of calm – He definitely needed it. "Edward, it's okay. I'm okay." I said out loud, adding in my thoughts, This time anyways. Everyone got up and swarmed around me, Renesmee among the first. "Uncle, I was so worried!" She said as she hugged me. I smiled at her. "It's okay, Ness. I'm fine." I told her, sending a wave of calm to everyone.

Bella laughed. "Jasper, no fair! You're doing the mood thing again!" I smiled at her and winked. Someone said, "Well, I have to be going now. I'll be sure to stop in over the weekend." I looked up, and saw blonde hair vanishing through the door. I was tempted to follow her, but I didn't. We all laughed and talked for a moment, and I asked carefully, "So, who brought me here?" Alice hesitated for a moment, and then said slowly, "Elizabeth. She left a few minutes ago. . ." I nodded, about to say something, when Jacob walked up. "So, you're alive." He said dryly, inwardly a little happy, but mostly resigned. To what, I don't know, and probably don't want to. We talked and joked until midnight, at which point I said, "There's something we need to talk about."

They all looked at each other, confused, but sat down. I bit my lip and wondered idly where to start. "Jasper, is something wrong?" Edward asked. I sighed and shook my head no. "How to put this?" I asked myself. Then I looked at Alice, who smiled at me patiently. But I could feel her impatience bubbling underneath the surface. "It's about Elizabeth." I said finally. Esme asked, "Is there something wrong with her? What is it, Jasper?" I turned over several ways of saying that she was my daughter in my mind, noticing Edward's eyes widen. "Well, the thing is, I don't really know how to out this, but. . . She's my daughter."  I watched their faces as they registered this. Edward was blinking as he shook his head, wanting to believe it, but not. Esme was covering her mouth with one hand, shocked. Ness was just plain disbelieving, and so was Jake. Bella was happy; Rose was jealous, and not wanting to believe it. Emmett was enthusiastic, although I wasn't sure what about. Of course, Em was always enthusiastic. Carlisle was confused, the Denalis were definitely skeptical, and Alice was. . . . Happy?

I'd blocked her until the end, for fear she'd be mad, but she was definitely happy, her face shining as she slipped her hand into mine. "I'm really happy for you, Jazzy. I've always been upset that I couldn't give you a child." She whispered, and smiled. I was shell shocked. "I thought you'd be mad." I told her, and she shook her head. Finally, Carlisle spoke up. "Jasper, would you please tell us how this happened?" He asked. I sighed. "Yes. Something that I've never told any of you is that I was married. I married Annabelle Jones when I was seventeen, and we were quite happy. I joined the Confederate Army later, as you know, and went home every chance I could. When I was nineteen, Annabelle wrote me and told me she was pregnant. Soon after, the baby was born, and we named her Elizabeth Grace Whitlock. I was there for two weeks, then I had to leave again. I visited as often as I could."

I paused to let them think through that, and went and got the picture I had of Elizabeth and Annabelle. When I walked into the living room again, they were quiet. I handed the drawing to Alice. "When I was home for a week for my twentieth birthday, a passing artist drew this for me. He drew a picture of me for them, as well. That was right before the evacuation." I finished. Alice passed the picture along, and hugged me. "Jasper, why didn't you tell me? Us?" She asked, and I sighed. "Alice, honey, I didn't really want to talk about it for a while. It was too painful, too soon. After that, I just didn't want to. Really, it's a miracle that no one found out before with all our talents." I said, resting my chin on the top of her spiky hair.

After that, no one except Alice talked to me for about two hours. Some were in shock, some were disbelieving, and Alice, Bella, and Carlisle knew I needed my space for a bit. I went to my room and was picking up a book that I hadn't read yet when Carlisle knocked on my partly open door. "Come in, Carlisle." I said, slightly surprised. He entered and walked over to me. "I just wanted to let you know a few things." I looked at him, perplexed. "Jasper, first of all, you almost died. Your brain couldn't handle the pain, so it almost completely shut down. It was the only thing it knew would stop the pain. I figured you may want to know what happened." I wasn't really surprised, but I let Carlisle go on. "Second, you are as much my son as Edward or Emmett – You know that, right? I love you as much as I do them, even though I wasn't the one who created you." Now, that one surprised me. I was always in the background, and content there. I was the one who simply watched. The time with the newborn army was a necessary exception.

Carlisle smiled at me then got up and left.  I looked at my book, and then sighed. I wasn't in the mood for reading any more. I wandered down the hall and down the stairs. I paused when I heard Alice and Bella talking about me. "I just wish Jasper would have told me sooner. I'm happy for him, of course, but I would have liked to know this, just so I could comfort him, and help him, and support him." I heard Alice say. Bella said, "Alice, maybe he didn't tell you because he was afraid you would be mad. Jazz always has his reasons." I abruptly about-faced and went back to my room. Maybe reading was a good idea after all. When I finished, it was about four in the morning, and I realized it was Saturday. I stood up and was walking out my bedroom door when I bumped into Emmett. "What do you think, you up for a rematch from Wednesday night?" He asked, and I grinned. "You're on." I replied, still grinning.

I'd beaten Emmett Wednesday night, and he hadn't been very happy. His reaction had been hilarious, actually. There were a few less trees and rocks in that particular clearing now. When we got outside, Emmett grinned mischievously at me. "You're going down, bro." I laughed. "Oh? What makes you so sure? If I remember right, I seem to remember me beating you last Wednesday." Emmett growled and ran at me. I sidestepped and jumped into a nearby tree. Emmett laughed. "Jazz, I know where you are." I waited, allowing a grin to slip across my face. He walked to the base of my tree, and I jumped behind him. He turned, and swung a punch at me. I dodged, and threw one right back at Emmett. We continued for about an hour, laughing and having a good time, until Emmett made a mistake and lunged at me. I grabbed his torso and swung him down to the ground, landing Emmett flat on his back. "I believe I won." I said, grinning. "Oh, alright, you win this time." He growled. I laughed and helped him up.

"How about a rematch tomorrow?" Emmett grinned. "Meet you here at noon." We walked back to the house laughing and joking. The second we got inside, though, I came face to face with Alice. "Hi, darlin'. Did you have fun with the girls?" I greeted her. She smiled. "Hi, Jazzy, and yes, I did! Did you have a nice time?" She asked. I smiled. "Actually, yes, I did. Well, I'm glad you had fun." I replied. "He won again!" Emmett told her in a whiny voice. She laughed. "Well, I'm sure you'll win some time, Emmett." Emmett opened his mouth and was about to reply when someone knocked on the door. I was closest, so I opened it. It was Elizabeth. Her eyes widened, and she looked at a piece of paper as she came in. It gave her courage, no doubt about that. "Hello. I don't believe we were formally introduced. I'm Jasper Cullen; it's a pleasure to meet you." Her emotions were crazy: Nervousness, a little bit of anxiety, slight happiness, and confusion. Strange. "I'm Elizabeth Whitlock. It's nice to meet you, Jasper." I nodded, feeling a slight happiness that Elizabeth still carried my name.

Then Alice came to my rescue. "Elizabeth! I'm so glad you could stop by! We girls need another opinion with some details for Renesmee's wedding!" She gushed, grabbing Beth's hand and taking off. I leaned against the wall in relief that I was out of that awkward situation, and in sadness because, well, would you like introducing yourself to your daughter? Emmett patted my shoulder. "Sorry, bro." He whispered. I closed my eyes in acknowledgement, and Emmett sighed and walked off. When I was sure he was gone, I slid down the wall and sat, miserably staring at my hands. Rosalie joined me. "It will work out in the end, you'll see." She said quietly, putting her hand on my shoulder. "Oh, Rosalie." I moaned, looking at her. We stood, and Rose smiled at me. "Jasper, remember that we love you." She told me before walking away. I sighed and wandered to Nessie's bedroom, where all the wedding planning was taking place. I poked my head in. "How's it going, girls?" I asked, seeing a circle of female vampires and a sleepy-looking Renesmee in a circle on the floor, surrounded by magazines, a few wedding catalogues, and my laptop. "Oh, it's going wonderfully!" They chorused. "Mm-hmm. Okay, enjoy your planning. And be careful with my laptop!" I said with a mock growl, narrowing my eyes.

Then I left, going to the living room and poking my head in. Emmett was working on a card mansion, looking like he was concentrating very hard. I stayed for a moment, soaking in his happy, almost-content emotions, then left. Carlisle had already left for work, Edward was playing piano out on the back porch, Jake was around here somewhere snoring, and I didn't know where Eleazar and Garrett were. I had wandered upstairs when Edward stopped playing and suddenly appeared in front of me. "Yes, Edward?" I asked, somewhat confused. Edward and I didn't talk much, and a lot of the time when we did talk we ended up arguing. "There's three shape shifters heading this way fast, and judging from their thoughts, I really don't think they mean to come and chat, if you get my meaning." He murmured.

I groaned. "Couldn't they have chosen a better day? At least there's only three. Edward, stay inside and make sure everyone else does, too." I told him, already on my way to the yard. They soon appeared. These had taken the shape of very big, very ugly, polar bears.  How subtle. They were confused to find only me out there, but they walked forward until we were only a few yards away from each other.  The one in the center is going to be the hardest to drive off. The one on the right is going to be as easy as fallin' off a log and the one on the left will take a little work. The main problem is that there are three of them, one of me, and those choppers are lethal. Well, here we go. I thought. The brute in the middle was charging. I jumped over him, landed on front of the one on the right, punched him on the nose, then ducked and ran to my right. The one in the middle's teeth snapped where my head had just been, and I kicked him in the shoulder. The one on the left jumped over the big brute, and I stepped forward, grabbed is throat and slammed him to the ground on his back, jumped to the right and broke one of the smallest one's back legs.

He helped the one I'd slammed to the ground get up, and they ran off. I was left with the big brute, and I was intact. Much better, but still bad. We circled each other for about five minutes, and then he pounced. I was caught off guard and he landed on me. I kept his teeth from closing around my throat with my hands, and head butted him in the nose, surprising him. I threw my weight up, intending to throw him off, which I did – Only, he took my left hand with him. I growled in pain, trying to keep as quiet as possible, and threw myself at the bear, punched him in the stomach with my right hand, then grabbed my hand as he dropped it when he opened his jaws wide, trying to get air. I kicked him in the ribs again, and he gave up, finally. I waited until he was definitely gone before attaching my hand and going inside, where I was greeted with Edward, who nodded at me.

He'd kept the girls distracted, thank goodness, although Emmett apparently hadn't been into his card mansion enough. He grinned. "Nice fight, bro!" He said, slapping me on the back, and then he wandered back to his cards. I quietly chuckled and left the room. I wandered to my room, and sat on the floor, just thinking. It really did hurt that Elizabeth had no idea who I was. I sighed and leaned against my wall. I shut my eyes and acknowledged the presence of someone who was slightly worried, nervous, and a little repentant. It was Elizabeth. I opened my eyes and stood. "Is there something I can do for you?" I asked.  "I just wanted to know if you could explain this." She replied, handing me a piece of folded yellowed paper. I unfolded it and what do you know, there was me. "A passing artist drew it and gave it to your mother." I said dully, handing it back to her. "But how did you know my mother?" She asked. Now she was suspicious. "Bethy, haven't you figured it out yet?" I asked, calling her by the name her mother and I used to use.

I picked up the drawing that Alice had let on my dresser and handed it to her. "The same artist drew this for me." She smiled. "Daddy?" She asked, and I smiled back. "Who else would I be?" She ran to me and flung her arms around me. I hugged her back, and laughed.  I picked her up and twirled her happily, enjoying her girlish laughter. When I put her down, Beth hugged me again. "Daddy." She repeated happily, hugging me again. "I'm here, darlin'." I murmured. She was ecstatic, and so was I. . . . And so was everyone who was listening on the other side of the door. "Alice, Carlisle, Esme, Rosalie, Emmett, Bella, Edward, Renesmee, Kate, Tanya, Carmen, Eleazar, Garrett, I know you're there!" I said. They filed in, unashamed of their oh-so-obvious eavesdropping. But then, I reflected as we all hugged, they sure as hell wouldn't be family.
[close]
Chap. Four.
DISCLAIMER: *Bored voice* I don't own Twilight. Or the characters of Twilight. All I own is a few OCs. Okay? Okay.

The door opened, and he was right there. Jasper stepped aside to let me in, and he said, "Hello. I don't believe we were formally introduced. I'm Jasper Cullen; it's a pleasure to meet you." My eyes flickered to the paper in my hand and I replied, "I'm Elizabeth Whitlock. It's nice to meet you, Jasper." Was that a small flicker of happiness in his eyes? Whatever it was, it vanished quickly. I thought, but just then, Alice came up to me. "Elizabeth! I'm so glad you could stop by! We need another opinion on some details for Renesmee's wedding!" She said enthusiastically, grabbing my hand and taking off. I smiled at the little pixie – No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't stop thinking of Alice as a pixie, although I wouldn't tell her that – and went along.

I heard Emmett whisper, "Sorry, bro." and looked back – Jasper was leaning against the wall with a slightly pained expression on his face, his eyes closed. Rosalie brushed past me, clearly heading for the now sitting down vampire.
Alice started chattering about bridesmaid's dresses then, so I figured I'd better pay attention. She hauled me up a flight of stairs and opened a door. "Get up, Nessie! Time to plan for the wed-ding!" She sang cheerfully, ripping the covers off the sleeping half human. "I now regret asking you to plan my wedding, Auntie Alice." Renesmee mumbled, sitting up and rubbing her eyes. "Good morning, Elizabeth." She said sleepily as Alice walked to the door, disappearing, coming back in about thirty seconds with the other females in the house and wedding magazines, catalogues, and a laptop balanced in a stack.

"I found this lovely flower arrangement earlier, and I thought we could make something like it!" She said enthusiastically, dumping the magazines and catalogues on the floor, but gently placing the laptop down. We all sat down on the floor and made ourselves comfortable as Alice picked up a magazine and flipped to page thirty eight. "Here!" She trilled, placing the magazine on the floor. It was a picture of a combination of white roses, red roses, a few blue hydrangea balls (Who knew, right?), and pink carnations. It was gorgeous, and Renesmee loved it. We looked at a few more flower arrangements, then the door opened and Jasper poked his head in. "How's it going, girls?" He asked, taking in the room. "Oh, it's going wonderfully!" We all said at the same time.

I blinked, slightly surprised. "Mm-hmm. Okay, enjoy your planning. And be careful with my laptop!" He said with a playful growl, narrowing his eyes. When he left, I smiled, and Alice looked at the computer. "Him and his laptop." She said, shaking her head before reaching over and grabbing one of the catalogues. "Are you awake enough to look at dresses yet, Ness?" She asked, then waited for Renesmee's nod before flipping to the section marked 'Bridesmaids.'

"Who are your bridesmaids, Renesmee?" I asked. "Call me Nessie or Ness, Elizabeth. And my bridesmaids are some girls from Jake's reservation." She told me warmly. I smiled at her. "I'll call you Nessie of you call me Beth, deal?" She smiled back and nodded. I noticed Edward stopped playing piano, but didn't think anything of it. Nessie and I stepped out for a moment, since Ness wanted to check on Jake and wake him up. I waited outside the door while Renesmee got Jake up (And heard a few things that made me want to gag). When we were going back to Nessie's room, we stopped to chat a little about Forks - Renesmee was amazed that I had lived there for about three days. Then Alice appeared in Renesmee's doorway. "Renesmee! We're planning your wedding – Don't you want a say? If you don't come here right now I'll make your dress neon pink!" She threatened, tapping her toe.

Nessie bolted to her room. "Coming! And Aunt Alice, if you make my dress neon pink I'll ruin all your Gucci!" I heard her tell Alice, who laughed. "Okay, okay!"  She said, disappearing into Renesmee's room once more. I smiled and shook my head – Alice was definitely a clothes and fashion freak. As long she didn't use me as her guinea pig, I was fine with it.
Since I wasn't in the mood to look at more dresses and flowers, I started wandering around. I peeked into the living room and saw Emmett, happily making this huge card house. In fact, it was more like a card mansion. Edward was playing his piano again, and I walked out to watch him play. He smiled at me. "I composed this for Bella when we first met." He told me, finishing the song and starting over. "It's beautiful." I told him. He smiled, and the door opened behind me. I turned and Bella was there. She smiled at me, and said, "Actually, that's not quite true. At least, I don't think it is."  Edward laughed, still playing. "Okay, I composed it after that one week that I tried to run from you, my singer." He amended.

I quietly left, smiling at the sound of the pair teasing each other. Rosalie was helping Emmett now, and I stopped to watch. "It looks great, Emmett, Rose." I commented. Emmett grinned at me. "Thanks, Elizabeth." Rose smiled and opened up another pack. Carlisle walked in, and smiled at them. People here sure do smile a lot. I thought. "So, how many packs of cards have you used so far?" Carlisle asked. "This is the twenty third." Emmett said absently as he started building a tower off one corner. "Did the hospital not need you today, Carlisle?" Rosalie asked, just as absent sounding as she started another wing, the east one, I think. "They didn't desperately need me, so I decided to come home and spend the day with my wonderful family." He said as Esme walked in and kissed him on the cheek. "That's wonderful news." She said warmly.  

Alice must have decided to let everyone off from wedding planning for now, I realized as I walked away, peeking out a window. Renesmee was riding on the back of a giant russet-colored wolf, laughing. "Nessie still enjoys riding on Jake, I see." Alice said, watching with me with a smile on her pixie-ish face. "Okay, what's their story, because it just seems really weird?" I finally asked. Alice grinned. "It was about fifty years ago when Ness was born and Bella changed. Well, long story short, Edward and Jacob were the ones who delivered Renesmee, Jacob imprinted on her when he saw her, and it saved our lives. See, the wolves were going to kill her because we had no idea what she was like, and we were prepared to fight. But no wolf can touch another wolf's imprinter. Edward and Bella weren't happy about it, but it couldn't be helped. Imprinting is kind of complicated to explain, but it's sort of like the way we vampires have mates, but it's magnified. Does that help, Beth?" She explained, and I nodded, flipping my blonde hair back over my shoulder. That made sense, sort of. I wandered away again, going up the stairs and wandering down the hall.

I reached the end, turned around, and saw Jasper through one of the open doors. He was sitting down and leaning against the wall, a pained expression on his features. I stood in his doorway, a little worried about him. Jasper rearranged his features into the more neutral mask-like expression that I was more used to, except for when he was around Alice; he smiled and seemed more open and happy around the little pixie. I felt a little repentant that I hadn't mentioned anything earlier, but it just hadn't seemed like a good time. Jasper opened his eyes and stood, asking if there was something he could do for me. "I just wanted to know if you could explain this." I said, handing him the drawing. He opened it and looked at it for a moment. "A passing artist drew it." He said in a dull tone of voice, handing it back to me.

Well, could you explain why my mother thought you so important?! I raged in my mind, half my brain already knowing, but I needed to ask anyways. "How did you know my mother?" I asked suspiciously. "Bethy, haven't you figured it out yet?" Jasper asked, seeming a little exasperated. That was the name my mother used called me.
"The same artist drew this for me." He was saying, picking up a piece of paper in the same condition as mine off his dresser and handing it to me. I looked at it; it was a picture of my mother holding me; I guesstimated I was about one, which was about how old I'd been when Jasper, my father, disappeared. A slow smile spread across my face as I asked, "Daddy?" I'd always wanted to know my father, to call him Daddy. Now I could, and I was so happy. He nodded. "Who else would I be?" Jasper asked, smiling. I ran to him and hugged him hard, and he hugged me back, pausing to pick me up and twirl me around in the air. I laughed in pure delight, hugging Jasper, my daddy, again when he put me down. "Daddy." I repeated softly, ecstatic.

"I'm here, darlin'." He murmured back, wrapping his strangely scarred arms around me.
I smiled at his Southern accent, raising an eyebrow as he called, "Alice, Carlisle, Esme, Rosalie, Emmett, Bella, Edward, Renesmee, Jake, Kate, Tanya, Carmen, Eleazar, Garrett, I know you're there!" They walked in the door, smiling and, I noticed, completely and totally unashamed. We all hugged, Jasper, Alice, and I ending up in the middle. We were all smiling and laughing, although the Denali men were much more subdued for some reason; Eleazar was even glaring at me, and I bit my lip, suddenly doubting that I was welcome after all. But before I knew it, a wave of calm and happiness washed over me. I knew everything was going to be alright, and I also knew what Jasper was doing. Eleazar's glare even disappeared, replaced by a forced smile. I laughed, turning around to find myself face-to-back-of-head with Alice. Oh, dear. How is Alice going to take this?  I wondered, before deciding that I'd worry about it later. There was plenty of time, after all.
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
When we finished our group hug, we migrated down the living room, still laughing and talking as we sat down out of habit. Garrett and Eleazar disappeared somewhere, and I honestly couldn't care less. If they didn't like me that was their problem, not mine. I was interrupted from my brooding when Alice walked over to me. "Care to walk with me?" She offered. I was a little nervous, but Jasper caught my eye from across the room and smiled reassuringly at me, probably indicating I should go with her. Besides it would be rude to refuse. "Sure." I replied, standing up. I followed her out the door, and walked for a bit, until we were out of hearing range.

Alice stopped then, and looked around. She nodded in a satisfied-like way. "Elizabeth-'' She started to say, then I interrupted. "Please, Alice, call me Beth." I smiled a little half smile, and she returned it. "Okay, Beth then. Beth, do you know what my biggest regret has been for years, more so the last fifty since Renesmee has been born?" She asked. I was confused. "Um, no, I don't. . ." I replied, giving Alice an 'Are you crazy?' look that she ignored. "Beth, my biggest regret has been that I can't give Jasper a child. I know he adores kids, I've seen him watch them with that half smile of his on his face. Jazzy was basically Renesmee's older brother when she was little. They've grown apart a little now that she's older, but they're still very, very close." Alice paused, letting that sink in.

"Beth, you have no idea just how happy I was – And still am – when Jasper told us last night that you're his daughter. I almost jumped for joy. I know I'm not your mother, and I know I can never replace her (And I don't want to, believe me), but I really, really don't want to be the evil stepmom in this scenario. We are married, you know." She told me. I stared at her, the only words I could find to say was, "Wait, you two are married?" Stupid, I know. But I was a little stunned, to tell you the truth. Alice rolled her eyes. "Of course we are!" She chirped, holding up her left hand. There was a platinum ring with a small diamond in the middle on her ring finger, and a small, simple, golden wedding band. I blinked, still surprised. "Alice, you're right. You couldn't replace my mother, but then, no one ever could – Or should. I don't want you to be the evil stepmother either, so let's just see how it goes?" I suggested, choosing my words carefully. Alice nodded. "Sounds like a good plan to me! Now come on, let's get back."  She trilled, high and fast. I nodded, and we raced back – Alice won, surprisingly.

I opened the front door and almost ran into Emmett, who laughed at me. "So now that you're a part of the family, squirt, does this mean-'' He was interrupted by Alice. "Em, no. Don't even think about it." She glared at him, and Emmett laughed again. "Okay, okay. Easy, little sis." He walked off somewhere and Alice shook her head in an exasperated like way. We walked to the living room and were in the doorway when Alice froze, her eyes glazing over. She perked up almost immediately, and announced. "It's going to storm tomorrow night. Who's up for some baseball?" That surprised me – Baseball? However, they all looked enthusiastic enough. "Beth, do you play?" Esme asked me. "Um, no. . . I've never seen the point of running after balls." I admitted. Esme smiled, "Neither do me and Bella. We usually referee!" I laughed. "But I do get sucked in from time to time." Bella said, appearing on my other side. Esme smiled. "And you enjoy playing every once in a while, you know you do." She said, and Bella nodded, laughing. Esme and I laughed too.

Edward and Emmett seemed to be getting into an argument about fruit bats an hour or so later. I was about to go over when Jasper had a hand on each of their shoulders and Emmett smiled and nodded, listening to him, but Edward snorted and strode away, Rosalie following. Then they started arguing – About the silliest thing possible, whether they should use the clearing to the east or the one to the south, respectively, for the game tomorrow night – and Esme said "Oh, take it outside you two!" as one of Rosalie's hands gestures came awfully close to a pretty lamp. The base was decorated with cardinals, topped with a simple cream colored shade, and it looked pretty pricey. The pair both huffed and stomped outside, where they promptly began arguing again.

Esme sighed and shook her head. "Those two are always arguing about something!" She muttered. Then the arguing stopped with a sound like someone had punched the other, although whether it was Edward or Rosalie I wasn't sure. We all jumped up and hurried outside, Bella and Emmett each going forward and trying to separate the snarling pair, but only managing to get themselves drawn in. Jasper tried next, but for once no one paid any attention to my father or his gift, and he went down to try to separate the squabbling vampires, but the same thing happened. Alice, Esme, Carlisle and I all tried together, asking, pleading, and in my case, using brutal force, but I got kicked in the face by Edward, saw Alice get slapped by Rose. Esme and Carlisle were already among the pile of Cullens. I started busily giving Edward a piece of my mind, screaming insults at him and I kicked him in the face, earning myself a punch from a growling Bella, and I went ahead and tackled her, yanking on her hair before I was grabbed by Edward and tossed, slamming into a tree and breaking the poor thing in half, but I stood back and plunged back in.

It was right about then that we started having fun just punching and kicking one another. We were all in a little ball, it seemed like, but I didn't care.  I could hear Jasper laughing, Alice and Emmett colliding, Rose was grinning, and it was awesome. I was just glad that it was overcast – Maybe the people down in Denali would think that there was a thunderstorm or something up here.
[close]
Chap Five Unfinished! But going up because reasons! PART ONE
DISCLAIMER:  I do not own Twilight, the characters of Twilight, or any of that good stuff. I own a few OCs. That's all.
Alice POV:

It was the end of my first period, and I was walking out of my classroom with Rosalie and Emmett. I heard Bella chattering and was about to turn and wave when she called, "Rose! Em! Alice!" We all waved, and I know that my eyes at least widened. There was a female vampire next to her – A vegetarian one, no less. How had I not seen this? I wondered as we walked closer. When we were in easy hearing range for humans, Rosalie asked, "Who is she, Bella?" I was wondering the same exact thing, but really, why must Rose be so cold? "This is Elizabeth Irving. Elizabeth, this is Rosalie, Emmett, and Alice." She introduced, indicating all of us in turn. "Hello Elizabeth." We said at the same exact time, and then we all laughed.
After a moment, Elizabeth smiled and said, "Hi, Rosalie, Alice, Emmett. It's nice to meet you." I smiled back, and we walked down the hall together and turned.

When we got to Bella's Biology classroom and she ducked inside, Elizabeth turned and walked into the classroom on the other side of the hall after calling, "See you later, Bella." Rosalie and Emmett carried on. The halls were mostly empty so we picked up the pace a little. The plan was to get Jasper when he came out of the end of his second period class. Rose and Emmett went ahead, to kidnap Jasper. I personally waited for Bella and Edward, who came just before the end of second period. We were all playing hooky, but is it necessary for me to say that we didn't care? I hope not. When I got to the library, Jasper seemed annoyed, and I honestly couldn't blame him. It sounded like no one was giving him answers, except for Bella. And now time for my entrance. "Alice. What is going on that is so important that all of you are skipping Biology, PE, and Science?" Jasper greeted me acidly. Bella answered again, sounding quite cheerful. "Jazz, it's a she, and we've all seen her. The last two periods, in fact." A brief look of irritation crossed Jasper's face. "Well, you can go now. I really don't see why you had to gang up me now, when you could just tell me at lunch." He said. I rolled my eyes, wanting to tell Jasper that we only did this so he wouldn't completely freak out at lunch, but I left, off to Science.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It was lunch time, and Edward, Bella, and I were sitting at our usual table, in our usual seats. Our other three siblings walked in, Jasper's face contorting into the briefest of grimaces before smoothing out. There were times that I hated that Jasper was an empath – It caused him pain, and I didn't like that. Edward glanced at me and raised an eyebrow. I stuck my tongue out at him, not really caring that it was childish. Bella rolled her eyes. "You two." She muttered. Jasper, Rose, and Emmett sat down. It was then the cafeteria door opened again and Elizabeth came in, laughing with a human girl called Carrie Jarrett.

Carrie was nice, but I wasn't her biggest fan after she laughed at everything I said one day when she and her mother came over to talk with Esme. Jasper naturally turned to look and see what the vampire looked like, and stiffened. He turned back around and stood up. "I got a really bad stomachache and went home." I stared at my mate with a curious look on my mind. "Jazzy, is something wrong with Elizabeth?" I asked in a small tone of voice. Jasper looked like I'd poked him with a cattle prod, and I don't think he was breathing. Edward gave a small nod, and Jasper turned and left, walking almost too quickly. He stopped at the doorway, turned, and looked back into the cafeteria - Specifically, at Elizabeth. Elizabeth rose and walked out, following Jasper's footsteps, but before I could go and warn her not to follow him (Knowing Jazz, if he was this uptight and she so much as tapped him on the shoulder, he may freak out and tear her apart.), a vision came knocking.

Jasper was running from someone, his breathing rough. He was doubling back, but stopped and turned around again. Suddenly he stopped, swayed, and fell down, screaming, and everything went black.

I gasped as I blinked. I looked at Edward, and saw a look of alarm on his face that was identical my own. "What is it, Alice? What did you see?" Bella asked, her eyes flickering between me and Edward. "Jasper's in trouble." I whispered, starting to stand up, and Emmett grabbed my arm and pulled me back down. "Alice, it won't help if you go after him now." He said, with a pointed glance out the window on the other side of the cafeteria. My mate was just disappearing into the woods at a speed too fast for human eyes to follow, I saw as I glanced out of it. I sighed; For once, Em was right. I picked up my untouched lunch tray, stood, and dumped my food and walked out, heading for my fourth period elective, chorus.

The school day passed in a blur of worry and tension. I hardly registered a word of what my teachers said; I was too worried about Jazz. The man wasn't just my 'significant other,' my husband that posed as a boyfriend – He was my life. If Jasper died, I had no idea what I'd do. I was musing on this as Edward drove us home. "Alice, quit worrying. Jasper will be fine. Please, you're driving me crazy." Edward suddenly said. I growled at him, but I did try to concentrate on Renesmee's wedding. "Thank you." He murmured. You act as if nothing is wrong, like Jasper's behind that curve in the road driving his motorcycle. You idiot! You saw exactly what I did! You know why I'm so worried! You utterly selfish, stupid IDIOT! I suddenly screamed at Edward in my thoughts. Edward grimaced, but held his peace. I knew I'd struck home and smirked, and then fell back to worrying about my mate.

When we walked in the door, Esme was there, as usual. She frowned when she saw that our number was five instead of six. "Where's Jasper?" She asked, looking at each one of us in turn. "We don't know. During lunch he freaked out and ran off. We haven't seen him since." Rose said, and then she turned and left, going to her room. Emmett followed sadly, his head drooping. "Did you see anything, Alice, anything at all?" Esme asked. I nodded. "But nothing good." I told her. I didn't want to worry Esme even more. As much as my 'mother' would deny it if asked, I knew Esme had a soft spot for Jazzy. I turned and started walking out the door again. "I'm going to look for him." Esme grabbed my arm, pleading with her eyes. I understood: Esme had one member of her family missing, and she didn't want to let anyone else out of her sight.

"Okay, Esme. I'll stay. We need to tell Carlisle anyways." I told her with a sigh. Bella smiled half-heartedly and gave Esme her cell phone. "Here," She said softly. Esme dialed the hospital and put it on speaker phone. After screaming at a nurse for five minutes, we convinced her that, yes, we were Dr Cullen's family, and yes, it was an emergency, and if she didn't put Carlisle Cullen on the phone right now we were going to speak to her manager and make her life miserable and why hadn't she gotten him yet?! What can I say? We weren't in the clearest state of mind. Until that minute, I hadn't realized just how much we relied on Jazz.

"Alright, what is so important that it can't wait until I get home?" Carlisle asked when he finally got to the phone just as Rose and Emmett came back downstairs with a thousand piece puzzle. "Jasper's gone missing!" We all said at the same time. There was silence at the other end of the phone. "I'll be there in about twenty minutes." Carlisle promised, sounding like he was about to completely lose his composure. The phone on the other end slammed down and we stared at Bella's silent phone, as if we were willing it to ring. Esme's lip trembled, and so did mine. Jazz should have been home by now, and we all knew it. Edward put his arm around Esme. Rosalie put her arm around me, needing the comfort just as much as I did. No one spoke. A car door slammed outside. We didn't move. It was too early for Carlisle. Even in his Mercedes he couldn't drive that fast.

The door opened, and the Denali family stepped in. "What's wrong?" Tanya asked, looking at us. "Jasper's gone missing." Emmett said, sounding nothing like his usual jolly self. Tanya blinked. "Oh, I'm so sorry. What can we do?" She asked. "Thanks for the offer, Tanya, but I don't think there's anything anyone can do at the moment." Edward told her. Tanya huffed and spun around, her family following her.

About fifteen minutes after that, Carlisle pulled up. Almost as soon as we heard his car door slam, the door opened and he stepped inside, quietly shutting the front door and walking over to us. I realized we must look quite bizarre – Edward had his arm around Esme, who was holding Bella's cell phone. Rosalie and I were still clinging to each other, and we were all staring at the innocent blue cell phone in Esme's outstretched hand. "What happened?" Carlisle asked, breaking the spell. Esme handed Bella's phone back and we headed to the living room. On the way, I filled Carlisle in on the events, describing my vision. My 'father' frowned. "If Jasper isn't back in an hour, we'll search for him." He announced. I sighed. An hour was short, yet far too long.

Esme and Carlisle drifted outside, murmuring too quietly for anyone to hear but them. Rose and Em started sorting through their puzzle pieces to find the edges. Bella went to tell Jacob and Renesmee, and Edward was walking towards me with Jazz's school bag. "I grabbed it at the end of lunch." He explained, handing it to me. "Thanks." I said gratefully. I held it for a moment before going to put it in the room Jasper and I shared. As I put it down on his side of the room, a notebook fell out and opened to a picture of my face. I looked happy and enthusiastic, and it was labeled 'Alice when someone mentions shopping,' in Jasper's distinct handwriting. I sat down on the floor and looked through the notebook.

There more pictures of me, pictures of Carlisle, Esme, Bella, Edward, Nessie, Rosalie, Emmett, and even one or two of Jacob. They were breathtaking, and I loved them. Jazzy never told me he likes to draw, I thought, stroking the cover of the notebook, and then I looked at the clock. Still half an hour to go until we started looking for Jasper. I sighed and slid the notebook into my mate's schoolbag before standing out. I glanced out the window – It was just about dark outside, but I didn't really care. I decided that I was going to take a walk outside; maybe it would help clear my head, and who knows? Perhaps I would run into Jazz.

And so, with that in mind, I walked down the stairs, through the living room, and into the little hall before the door. But I paused with my hand in the knob; I could hear someone running very fast in our direction, and it wasn't Jazz – He didn't run quite like that. I opened the door cautiously and sniffed. Elizabeth's scent and Jasper's mingled together. I peeked through the crack and saw that Elizabeth was carrying Jasper. I gasped and flung the door open, calling for Carlisle as I ran out. By the time I reached Elizabeth, I was practically bawling. "Oh no, oh no, I knew it. Please don't let him be dead!" I moaned, taking Jasper from her, dimly aware of everyone else coming. "Carlisle!" I called again. I knew something bad was going to happen. I should have gone after him at lunch! I thought. "Alice, take him inside." Carlisle ordered from behind me. "Yes, Carlisle. I'll take him to your study." I said quietly, running for the house.

After I put Jazzy down on the couch in Carlisle's study, I went across the hall to one of the many empty rooms in house and sat. Why on Earth did Tanya get such a big house? I thought, slightly annoyed for some odd reason, but most
[close]
[close]

Skyblade

Aww, you're always welcome :D

Good work here; you're a talented writer. I like the plot and action - the story in general.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Cornflower MM

@Skye: Thanks! Trying a new strategy now.

Secrets of a Cowboy Chap Five PART TWO
Why on Earth did Tanya get such a big house? I thought, slightly annoyed for some odd reason, but mostly worried. Elizabeth walked in just then. "He'll be fine, right?" She asked. "Oh, Elizabeth, I'm so scared! The last time he was like this. .  ." I started to say, finding myself engulfed in a very short vision before I could finish. I stood up hastily and flew across the hall, opening the door. "Carlisle, he's going to come to in fifty three seconds." I announced, perhaps a little faster than usual. Carlisle smiled, and we waited. Finally, Jazz moved his head, his eyelids fluttering. I stroked his forehead, "I'm here, sweetheart. Are you okay?" I murmured. Elizabeth and Carlisle left the room, tactfully shutting the door behind them. Jasper blinked and sat up. "Oh, Alice, it hurt so badly. I don't know what happened. . ." He told me, shaking his head. "Oh, Jazzy, I was so worried." I whispered, moving to sit on his lap, suspecting that he needed the comfort as much as I did. And for once, I didn't care that his shirt was muddy and torn (And likely would mess up my own).

"It's okay now sweetie. I'm fine now; I just need to be careful." Jasper murmured, putting his arms around me as I leaned my head against his chest. I didn't speak again for a few minutes, not wanting to break the peaceful spell. Then the door opened and Esme walked in. "Oh, Jasper! How are you feeling? Don't do that ever again! You scared me! Oh, I'm so glad you're okay!"  She scolded, hugging Jasper – And me, as I was still on his lap. I stood up as Esme suggested Jasper change and go down to the living room. I stifled a giggle as Jazz looked at his shirt like he was just noticing that it was muddy and rather torn. Then again, he probably is. I thought as Esme and I walked out the door.

As much as I love him, the man has absolutely no fashion sense! As I thought that, we walked into the living room. "He'll be here in just a minute!" I announced cheerfully; then I skipped (Yes, skipped. I was that happy.) Over to Elizabeth and hugged her. "Oh, thanks so much, Elizabeth. I don't know what we would have done if you hadn't brought him back to us." I told her. Just then Edward stood up and walked over to Jazz, who was standing in the doorway. "I thought you might have been done for this time. I shouldn't have let you go off in that state." Edward told him, before reaching forward and – I couldn't believe my eyes – hugging Jasper. "Edward, it's okay. I'm okay." Jazz said. Then everyone except for Jake came forward and swarmed him, myself included.

Renesmee had her arms wrapped around his waist like she'd never let go. "Uncle, I was so worried!" She exclaimed, and Jasper smiled at her. "It's okay, Ness. I'm fine." He told her. I heard Edward and Jacob start explaining Ness's relation to Jasper to Beth, but didn't really pay much attention. I was just so relieved that my Jazzy was alright. I figured Jasper was probably banishing all my worries for the time being, but didn't care. I heard Bella laugh, "Jasper, no fair! You're doing the mood thing again!" and I knew I was right. I glanced over at Beth to make sure and her expression was like Emmett had just walked up to her and smacked her, or something. She stood up and casually said, "Well, I have to be going now. I'll be sure to stop in over the weekend. . ." Then she breezed out the door. I noticed Jasper looked up as the last of her pretty hair went out the door, and wondered about it. I'm sure it's probably nothing. I told myself. Then I realized my mistake and glared at Edward; he wisely said nothing. "So, who brought me here?" Jasper asked casually after a moment. I hesitated, and then slowly, carefully, said, "Elizabeth. She left a few minutes ago. . ." I didn't want to set him off again, but Jasper merely nodded. It was just then that Jacob walked up, and the two talked for a very short while. I was too busy with my own thoughts to pay much attention to what they were saying. Who is Elizabeth, really? Why does Jasper act so strange around her? Those questions and more swirled
[close]

Happily Ever after - Or Not?
HEAON is another Twilight fanfiction, but the main pairing is Bella x Jasper. Set fifteen-ish years after the series. Bullying and verbal abuse!
Chap. One

DISCLAIMER: I do not own Twilight, the characters of Twilight, or anything associated with Twilight. I am simply taking the characters and playing with them – Only the plot is mine.
VERY SHORT PROLOGUE AND CHAPTER ONE.

Hi, my name is Bella Cullen. Perhaps you've heard of me, perhaps not. For those of you that haven't, I'm an animal-drinking vampire, there were at least four books published about me that got quite a few facts wrong (Like, Jasper and Alice aren't mates. Yes, they dated, but they aren't mates.), I have a half-vamp, half-human daughter, and blah blah blah, boring boring boring. This is yet another story about me, but this time, I'm writing it. This isn't some ##:1046 about how I lived my happily-ever-after either. This is about lies, betrayals, stupidity, and let's add in a sprinkle of greed here, a smatter of complete and total idiocy there, and to make everything even more complicated, let's add in a heaping helping of love. Sorry, did that sound bitter? I've decided to write this story down so that the entire world can know what an idiotic, self-absorbed, stupid creature Edward is. It happened five years ago, fifteen years after he and I got married, but it still stings. Here it is. . .
~~~
I was sitting at the computer Skyping with Renesmee when Edward pulled in the driveway.  We were living in Canada at the time, and Carlisle was at the hospital, Esme was meeting someone to talk about their house, Alice and Rosalie were clothes shopping, and Emmett and Jasper were out looking at (A.k.a. drooling over) motorcycles. Edward had gone to teach some kid to play the piano, or so I thought, but here he was, walking in the door with one of the biggest grins I'd ever seen on his face. "Hello, Bella, Nessie!" He greeted us cheerfully, pulling me in for a hug and a quick kiss, and waving at the computer. "Hi, Dad. What's up?" Ness asked carefully. "Edna, a friend of mine I knew some time ago, has decided that since she's in the area, she would like to come over and spend some time with us." I frowned – She? And why hadn't Edward mentioned this Edna to me before? I admit it, I was jealous at the time, and I was seeing red flags.

"I've already arranged it with Carlisle, Edna will be here later tonight. Oh, that's if you don't mind, dear." Edward said enthusiastically, turning to me. Another red flag popped up; why hadn't Edward asked me before he made arrangements and cleared it with Carlisle, the head of the household? But I didn't mention that and simply said, "Sure. I don't mind." Edward really looked like he was looking forward to this, and I didn't want to be the evil, jealous, overprotective wife who claims the head of any girl her husband looks at, much less wants her to visit! That would not be a good first impression. You don't know how many times I've wished that I truthfully said, "Yes, I do mind, actually." But I'm getting ahead of myself; my apologies. Edward's smile got even bigger then, and he grabbed his cell phone and hit a button. I noticed it only rang once and raised an eyebrow. "Hello?" a dainty, very pretty, feminine voice said. "Hello, Edna? It's Edward. If you still want to come over and spend a month or so with us, it's fine." Edward told the voice in a rush.

I looked at the computer, where Skype was still running, and I saw that Renesmee's jaw was hanging open, her eyes bugged out. "A month?!" She mouthed. "I wasn't hearing wrong?!" I mouthed back; I was sure my panic was showing on my face. We both gulped. Meanwhile, Edward and the voice – Edna's – were having a conversation, chattering on about some prank she had pulled him. "Do you want me to come over and stay for a while, too?" Renesmee mouthed after getting my attention again. I thought about it for a moment, and then shook my head. Jacob probably wouldn't like it, or he might stay behind. He had a pack to look after. And if he stayed, Ness would be miserable, and they were newly married – Renesmee didn't need her parents hovering over her. The first few months were the most romantic, after all. It just couldn't work satisfactorily either way, and I didn't want to do that to my daughter. You only get married once. . . In most cases, anyways.

Renesmee smiled, and shrugged. "If you change your mind, let me know." She mouthed before waving and signing off. I smiled back, an instant too late, grateful for her offer. Edward finally hung up, still smiling. "Edward, did I hear you correctly when you asked if this Edna person still wanted to come over for 'a month or so'?" I asked, quoting him almost exactly. He laughed. "Yes. You are fine if Edna stays for a month or two, right?" He checked. Two months? Another red flag: This just kept getting worse. "And she's not 'this Edna person' Bella, she was one of my best friends in the forties." He added. I plastered a smile on my face. "No, it's completely fine, I just wanted to know. Just so long as she doesn't hunt in the town, I'm fine with it." I lied. I knew she probably wasn't vegetarian, sadly. Then Alice and Rosalie pulled in, and Edwards left to tell them the news and help them with their haul of new clothes. I sighed and pinched the bridge of my nose, then headed out to help.
~~~
Later that evening, we were all home, all wearing nice clothes, all in the front of the house, and we all had smiles on our faces – Some genuine, but some not, and some were strained. Hardly any of us knew her, after all. Apparently, Rose and Em had been on an extended honeymoon at the time, and I actually wasn't sure if Alice and Jasper knew her or not.

A dark blue sleek flashy car without a top (I was still a complete dunce with cars) pulled in. She took her time getting out, and when she did, Edna went straight to my husband, pulling him in for a hug. Only the vampire's Cupid's-bow mouth and perfect button nose showed, between her scarf/headdress thing and her huge sunglasses. I supposed that was one way to cover up her no doubt red eyes. "Edward! It's been so long!" A beautiful birdsong-y voice rang out. Apparently the phone didn't do Edna's voice justice. "It's great to see you, Edna. Yes, it has been a long time." He said warmly, hugging her back. He pulled back and I saw he was smiling like the cat that ate the canary again.

"You know Carlisle and Esme already," Edward said, gesturing to them. "It's great to see you again, sir, and ma'am." Edna said with a small curtsy. I nearly gagged, and a quick glance behind me confirmed that Jasper was feeling the same way, although Alice was merely wrinkling her nose. "This is Rosalie and Emmett," Edward introduced, gesturing towards Rose and Em this time. "Hello, Edna." Rosalie said, dropping her fake smile. "It's nice to meet you." Emmett added, putting an arm around Rose. "No, the pleasure is all mine." Edna trilled. It was already getting on my nerves, and she'd spoken all of three times. "This is Alice and Jasper," Edward said, frowned at them above Edna's head. The two stepped forward almost reluctantly. "Hello." They said in unison, before smiling at each other. They'd broken up about a month before, if I recall right, but they still sometimes did couple things like that. "It's absolutely lovely to meet you! Edward, your family has grown so much." Guess who said that. Dingdingding, right first time! Edna! Edward shrugged, before calling me. "And this is my lovely wife, Bella." Edward said proudly, holding out one hand for me to take. I put my smile back on and stepped forward, taking his hand. "Hello, Edna. It's lovely to meet you." I forced out, noticing the way Edna was hanging onto Edward's other arm. "Let's go in, shall we? Bella will show you where you may put your things, Edna." Carlisle said, breaking the silence. "Alright, let me get everything out of the car." She chirped, running over to the car, opening one of the rear doors and getting out suitcase after suitcase after suitcase.

Soon Edna had a pile as tall as she was! Jasper went over and grabbed a few, although I could tell from his face he wasn't very happy about it. Emmett followed him, and Rosalie followed him. After two trips we got everything up in the spare room, although I went back and got the last two. I had noticed Edna hadn't picked up a thing, just scampered after me. "Here you go, Edna. These are the last ones." I said, placing them with the others in the corner by the bed. I noticed the huge sunglasses and the headdress/scarf thing were on top of the slightly unnecessary piece of furniture. "Thank you, Bella. So, you're the lucky one who captured Edward's heart, hmm?" She replied in a teasing tone before I could turn around. "You're welcome. And yes, I suppose I did. . ." I said, trailing off as I turned around. Edna was, without a doubt, the second most beautiful vampire I'd ever seen – Rosalie still outshined her, barely. Her perfect features smiled at me, a cold, threatening smile that didn't reach her dark burgundy eyes. "Well, don't you worry; I'll get him back before the month is out. You'll see, [female]. If you try to warn my darling Edward, he won't believe you. So don't, Miss Ugly."
[close]
Chap two

DISCLAIMER: I in no way own anything Twilight related – My name is not Stephanie Meyer! I'm not that imaginative, trust me.

During the next few weeks, Edna Ann (WITHOUT an E, she made sure we knew) DeCuliner made my life a living hell. She was always as sweet as honey around Esme, Carlisle, and Edward, but they weren't around often – Suddenly Esme was busy with her work, meeting people and going over last-minute details, and Carlisle was needed at the hospital more. I had a feeling that they disliked Edna as much as the rest of us, but found different ways of coping as we did. Edward was teaching children piano, and the school decided that he was ready to start teaching the more advanced kids, with lessons ranging from an hour and a half to two hours. (Although how anyone could play piano for two hours straight I have no idea.) Rosalie didn't much like her from the start, but after she ruined Rose's pet card project, which had taken about three hundred decks of cards and three weeks and still wasn't finished, Rosalie loathed her, scheming to find ways of making Edna's life as hard as possible while with us. Alice hated her after Edna had said that she thought Alice's visions were useless, pointless, and needless. . . Then Edna went on to 'accidentally' ruin all Alice's new Gucci. How she did it, I have no idea, but I did hear something about scissors, mud, and cake icing.

Emmett took Rose's cue and loathed her as well, but not just because of the things she did to Rose's card mansion. Edna had stated that she thought video games were silly and pointless, and in his opinion, Edna was a wimp. His phrasing, not mine, although I wholeheartedly agreed. Jasper spent more time than usual in his study with the door locked. Not like that would stop a vampire, of course, but at least that way he got privacy. Sometimes I envied him, being able to escape whenever he wanted or needed to. Edna was always treating me the worse, acting as if I was Cinderella and she the stepsister ("Oh, Bella, the living room floor is such a disgrace! Mop it!" or "Bella, be a dear and plug up my computer. NOW!") Worst of all, though, was Edward's blindness. All of us except Esme and Carlisle approached him five days in and begged him to do something about her. Edward declined, saying Edna was a perfectly nice girl, and were we sure we weren't just jealous?

Jasper's private spot didn't last long, though. One day about ten days after Edna arrived I was on my way to return one of Jasper's books that he had lent me, and the door was open, and I could hear Edna. "What a tacky little study! But I simply adore books. Oh, these are all on that trivial Civil War aren't they? What a pity." She simpered. I knew that Edna would be coming out that study door very soon, but the question was, would she be leaving of her own free will, or would Jasper literally kick her out? I made as if I was then walking up to the room, and sure enough, Edna came walking out rather quickly. "Hello, Edna." I greeted her. "Bella. Hello. Do you know, I was just noticing that this house is dreadfully dusty; I want you to have it dusted by tomorrow at noon. I'm having company." She said coldly, after making sure that Edward, Esme, nor Carlisle was around. I sighed, "Yes, Edna." I wasn't going to stoop to her level, and besides, she had already ripped off my thumbs after I refused to do one of her menial tasks.

She smirked then stalked off, and I continued on my way. Just before I got to Jasper's study, Jasper poked his head out. "Bella!" He said warmly. I half-way smiled, too depressed to try and smile for real, as I walked into his room. (We all had such spots – Jasper and Carlisle had studies, Emmett had a shed out back, Esme had her garden, Edward had a music room, Rosalie had a room full of boxes full of cards and her past glued-together creations, Alice had a room full of clothes and a little nook for whatever she did in there (Wedding planning? I know she had an internet business for that. Outfit coordinating? I never figured it out), and I simply had a little cozy room full of books and knickknacks. )

Jasper's study wasn't at all tacky – It was cozy. There was a cherry wood desk with miscellaneous papers and his laptop in the middle, and instead of walls, there were shelves full of books. There was a lot of brown and tan, with some green sprinkled in, and a nice aroma of leather and books when you inhaled. I turned and handed Jasper his book; He'd stayed in the doorway, looking in.  "Thanks, it was a great book." I said, noticing his frown. "You're welcome." Jasper replied. Then he sighed. "Bella, I heard what she said to you. Why do you let her talk to you like that? It's not like you. Edna has gotten everyone feeling . . . Off. Don't try to deny it, Bella, you and I both know there's no point." He said firmly. I leaned against the desk in defeat. "I already tried standing up to her – It does no good. She ripped off my thumbs, and then made me mop the living room floor without them." I admitted, hanging my head.

I heard Jasper's sharp intake of breath, felt a breeze, and then his hands were lifting mine, examining the faint scars around my thumbs. He shook his head slowly. "I'm sorry, Bella." Jasper whispered, letting go of my hands. "It's fine, Jazz. Really. It's not like she's going to stay with us forever. . . Right?" I murmured, hoping to whatever higher power there was if there was one that what I had just said was true. "Bella, look at me." Jasper said, pushing my chin up so I was looking up at his face. "Edna is toying with us – With all of us. She's got you too scared and depressed to stand up for yourself, so she can order you around for her own amusement. She has Carlisle wondering if maybe our diet is that unnatural for vampires. She's got Rosalie pissed and reverting to her old ways. She has Emmett scared for his video games and all his shed stuff, and it's not easy to get Emmett scared. She's got Esme dry sobbing practically every day because of the way she treats all of us – And Esme's not even around for the worst of it! She has Alice hiding out in her room almost twenty four seven now to guard her clothes and Edna has me hiding in my study almost too scared to come out or to let anyone in. Everyone's emotions are telling me that you are definitely not happy campers, and Edna . . . Well, I'll count myself lucky if I don't have a mental breakdown. For instance, did you know that Edna's lust levels spike every time she sees a man that is around her age? And Bella, I hate to tell you this, but she has the major hots for your husband." Jasper said, shaking his head and moving his hand. "Yeah, I know she likes Edward. She told me so that first night." I scowled and added almost too low for Jasper to hear, "Understatement of the century."

After that, things worsened. Edna started verbally abusing me, and when I protested and called her names back, she ripped out my tongue. Emmett found me trying to figure out how to reattach it several hours later after I ended up cleaning the entire house, inside and out. Three days after that, two squirrels somehow got in Rosalie's card room and destroyed everything in it. At that little 'gift' from Edna, Rose and Em stayed in their rooms almost all the time. Edward started spending every moment he could with Edna. Jasper left on an extended hunting trip five days after the squirrel incident. I could feel the mating pull between Edward and me breaking down, but Edward never mentioned it. Three days after Jasper left I cornered my husband in desperation and demanded that he send Edna away. "Bella, are you sure you're not jealous?" was Edward's reply. I pushed my shield out from my mind and ran through the memories of everything Edna had said or done to me, and he glared at me. He glared at me!  Me! For telling the truth! "Bella, we both know it's possible to lie with your thoughts." He said icily, and then he stormed away; Edward was planning on turning Edna vegetarian and that night was her first hunt our way.

The next room to be destroyed (This time by a raccoon) was mine. After I flung the raccoon out the window, I stood there looking at the mess. Almost all my sentimental knickknacks were broken or ruined. All the books were torn apart or trampled. It was a mess, a big, fat, tear-bringing, mess. I turned and started walking out of the room, dry heaving. "Oh, pull yourself together, [female]. What was in there, anyways? Just some dumb books and stupid junky clutter." Edna sneered. I snapped, and punched her in the nose, and then stood there stupidly. "Why, you [ferret] [female]!" Edna shrieked. I had a feeling that it was a good thing we were alone – Jasper was supposed to be coming back that day, and Rose, Em, and Alice were hunting. Esme and Carlisle were working. Edna jumped on me and tore off my right arm and my left ear, and probably was going to tear off more, but I grabbed my limbs and ran, dry sobbing from the pain – Both emotional and physical.

I ended up in a barn on an abandoned property about thirty miles west of the house. I curled up in the moldy old hay and continued the vampire version of crying, miserable and hurting. It wasn't just the loss of all my pretty, sentimental things, it was everything else too. All the verbal abuse, all the needless cleaning, all the torture, everything just came to the surface. I wanted Jasper. He never judged me, never said anything bad to me, never did any of that, he was just always there for me, always had a kind word, always knew what to say and do at the right time, was what Edward used to be, what Edward should have been. Jasper always knew if I needed to be comforted, or left to stew in my self-pity for a little while longer, if I wanted help or didn't. I just wanted Jasper, wanted him to hug me and tell me it was alright, wanted him to tell me it was going to be okay, wanted him to rub my back and let me bawl my misery out, then gently help me cheer up a little.

After about fifteen minutes of that, I became aware of someone enter the barn and sit down beside me. I automatically moved towards the familiar scent, and he obligingly moved, letting me put my head on his shoulder, clutch him to me with my one hand, and continue to let out my misery. After thirty more minutes,    I wasn't dry crying any more, but I was mentally exhausted, so I didn't move. "You okay now, darlin'?" Jasper asked, breaking the silence. I sat up properly and nodded. "How did you find me?" I asked, and he shrugged. "I felt your sadness first, then heard you. After that, it was easy to find you. Edna again?" He said softly, licking my ear and holding it in place until the venom healed the wound. "Thanks. And yeah, Edna struck again." I said, venom welling up in my eyes as I reattached my arm. "Edna put a raccoon in my room, criticized it, I punched her, and she started tearing things off. I grabbed my arm and ear then ran." I summarized, and Jasper nodded – It was an unspoken rule in the Cullen household: Never criticize other people's rooms, along with never go in other's rooms unless given permission, never break anything in other people's rooms, so on and so forth.

It was right then I felt the last of the mating pull between me and Edward collapse. I gasped as I hunched forward, arms going around my chest. The pain was like being changed into a vampire, but multiply it by ten. It hadn't even hurt that much when Edward had left me. (For those of you who have read the books, I'm referring to the second one, the one Ms. Stephanie Meyer called New Moon) The pain eased slowly away, but I stayed in the same position, panting. "Bella! Are you alright?" I was aware of Jasper gripping my shoulders, worry coloring his tone as he felt everything I did: Shocked, betrayed, and still hurting. "Jasper, I don't know, I just felt the last of the mating pull crumble away." I babbled, still shocked. I looked up at Jasper's face. "Bella, do you mean to say that you had been feeling the mating pull between you and Edward disappear, and you kept this very important fact to yourself!?" Jasper asked, his voice rising. "Yes. . ." I replied with a gulp. Then I realized that I felt a deeper pull, one that was tugging, like it was saying exasperatedly, Hey, dummy, you should listen to this feeling! Not the fake one that messed you up royally! As I looked into Jasper's eyes, I realized that he felt it too, had maybe always felt it. Slowly, we started leaning toward each other. I tilted my head, closed my eyes, and our lips connected.
[close]
Chap. Three

DISCLAIMER: I own nothing but the plot, nor am I making any money off this. My only payment is the enjoyment of others when they read this and the happiness I have in writing it. Okay? Okay.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The kiss was like nothing I'd ever experienced before. It was sweet, with neither of us trying to take it any further. When Edward and I kissed, it had always been like Edward was trying to go farther – Much farther. (Another thing those ridiculous books got wrong. Edward was the one trying to take my clothes off, or his, and right from the beginning too.) But with Jasper, it wasn't anything like that; it was sweet, simple, and, well, wonderful. When the kiss ended, I opened my eyes and found Jasper studying me. "You've realized." It was a statement, not a question, but I nodded anyway. "How long have you known . . . ?" I asked, feeling bad I'd been so infatuated with Edward I hadn't bothered to stop and dig deeper, look at my true feelings. Jasper smiled a half smile, remarkably a lot like the one I'd fallen head over heels for on Idiotward, also known as Edward, but nicer, sweeter, less smug. "Since the first day I saw you." He said, honesty coloring his voice. "I was so stupid, so into myself, that I didn't stop to think, didn't stop to really look at how I felt. I'm so sorry." I said with my voice dropping to a whisper as I buried my head in my hands. Almost instantly I was sitting sideways on Jasper's lap, and he was rubbing my back and rocking me, not bothering to use his gift to comfort me.

I relaxed and let him; I turned my face just enough so I could rub my face in Jasper's neck, letting his scent wash over me. "Darlin', don't apologize. Don't you think Edward had something to do with it?" He murmured, and I tilted my head up to look at up at Jasper, surprised and confused. "Edward knows that I feel the pull towards you, but once he realized that you were his singer, well, his plans went from there. Apparently Edward was hit very strongly by your shield, your scent, and your beauty – He wrote all about it in his journal. And yes, I discovered his journal and read it. He went to Alaska to try and run from you, yes, but not just because you were his singer, but because Edward realized that he had a major crush on you. While he was there, he contacted someone – I don't know who – who can put a false mating pull in place, and given enough time, it could become real. Edward went against his better judgment when he decided to pursue you romantically. He knew it wouldn't sit well with me, and he paid the price, too." Jasper explained, his mouth twisting up in an upset kind of way.

I hugged my real mate, rubbing his back and stroking his beautiful blonde head now. I realized, then, just how much pain and hurt I'd put Jasper through as he put his head on my shoulder, his own shoulders shaking. "We're together now, baby, and I promise that will never happen again." I vowed, meaning every word. I wasn't so stupid as to think that Jasper and I weren't together – We were mates, and both of us realized that now. Even if I had to go behind Edward's back, even if Esme and Rosalie and Alice and Emmett and Carlisle hated me because I was prepared to go behind Edward's back, we were going to stay together. I didn't care what the hell I had to do.

When Jasper recovered, we just sat there, taking in each other's scent and hugging each other. I remember realizing that we must have looked strange; I was sitting on Jasper's lap, slightly diagonal now, and we had our heads on each other's shoulders, with our arms around each other. But I didn't care the slightest bit. "We should be getting back, shouldn't we?" I said with a sigh, breaking the comfortable silence as I lifted my head. Jasper nodded, "But we shouldn't get back at the same time; Edward would know that something's up." He warned as he moved. "Jazzy, what are we going to do? We can't hide that we're together forever." I moaned. "If we leave, they know something will be up, and I can't face leaving Rose and Em and Alice and Esme and Carlisle. Esme would be heartbroken!" I added. Jasper pushed a wave of calm to me. "It's best to think this through with a clear head, darlin'." He said. "Now, why don't we wait until Edward and Edna go huntin' again, then we tell the family? After that, you leave Edward to me." Jazz finished with a slightly grim tone. I reached up and cupped my hand around his cheek. "Just be careful, Jazzy." I pleaded. Jasper chuckled and put his hand over mine. "I always am, my mate." He murmured.
~~~~~~~~~~~
After that, we had stood up, and Jasper kissed me softly again. Then I was sent on my way, and I didn't even have to pretend to be miserable – Now that I'd realized that Idiotward wasn't my real mate, that my Jasper was,  I could feel the ache in my chest. I spent the next three hours trying to clean up my room, but Edna kept me busy with various mundane, dull, boring tasks. Really, it was ridiculous. Rosalie, Emmett, and Alice returned at the end of the three hours, saw the state of my room, and were horrified. They immediately offered to help me clean up, and I readily accepted. By the time three more hours had gone passed, the place looked spick-and-span, if bare. I'd been forced to throw away most of my things, as they were too broken and trampled to fix or put back in their places. We stood in the middle of my room and looked around. "Thank you so much, guys." I said as I hugged my sisters and brother. "Bella, it was nothing. I went through the same thing, and you helped me." Rosalie said as she hugged me back. "No thanks are needed, Bella. It was the least I could do." Alice trilled. "You're welcome, Bella, but it was nothing. Don't worry, we'll find you some more things." Emmett told me, his normally cheerful disposition damped.

Then I felt a little encouragement and love gently making itself aware to me, and I tried hard to not smile. Jasper was finally heading back! The front door opened and closed, and then we all heard his Southern drawl calling, "Where is everyone?" the four of us glanced at each other, our faces lighting up, then we all ran down the stairs, throwing ourselves at our brother – Or in my case, mate. (And yes, Alice calls Jasper a brother. Slightly strange, maybe, but one of the reasons they broke up was because was they felt more like brother and sister to each other, not husband and wife/boyfriend and girlfriend. Confusing, I know.) Jasper laughed as we all piled on top of him, our weight causing us to fall. "You're back!" We chorused. "We missed you!" Rosalie. "Hey, bro, great to have you back!" Emmett. "Welcome back!" Alice. "It's been so long!" Me, of course. It had only been six hours, but it felt like a life time. "Well, if this is the reception I get when I come back from an extended hunting trip, maybe I should go more often." Jasper teased. "NO!" was our immediate loud reaction; I was surprised he didn't lose a little of his hearing.

We laughed until the dreaded voice sounded at the top of the stairs. "For goodness sake, what is all this fuss about?! I've called for you three times, Bella! Get my car out of the garage and pull it up to the front, NOW! I have a few things in town I need to see too! So what if Mr. Scars got back from hunting, right now I'm a guest and therefore more important than some old scarred idiot!" Edna snapped out. The five of us were sitting up by then, the mood totally killed. "Yes, Edna." I said obediently as I stood up, inconspicuously placing a warning hand on Jasper's arm. That had not been the time or the place for him to go all protective, and Jay (In my mind he was turning into Jay, Jazz, or Jazzy already) would have, I knew it.

After Edna left, I walked inside and sagged against the doorway. Edna's parting shot hadn't been pleasant. Along with taking the opportunity to tell me exactly what she thought of me – Again – Edna had decided I was to mow the lawn; apparently, having grass two inches tall was a disgrace. The mower would only take off half an inch, but I kept my mouth shut. Jasper appeared in front of me, rubbing his hands up and down my arms making sure she hadn't done any damage. "I'm fine," I assured him with a smile as I stepped forward and wrapped my arms around his waist. Rosalie exclaimed, "What the hell is going on?!"
Jazz and I shot apart, I nearly panicking. I started to say something, but the only thing that came out was a squeak. That in itself was humiliating; I've only decided to put it down because Rosalie threatened to kidnap me, and only me, for two months.

Rosalie tapped her toe. "Well? I know that something is not what it seems here. Something hasn't been right for days, and now I walk in here to find Jasper practically having a mate's reaction to you walking out of his sight!" She said meaningfully. "Well, Rose, just how well can you hide your thoughts from Edward?" Jazzy asked the irritated blonde. "And Rose, stop tapping your toe or the floor's gonna crack." He added a second later. Rosalie huffed and decided to take it easy on the floor. "I figure I can hide my thoughts from Edward just as well as you can, Jasper Whitlock! Now either you tell me what's going on right now or I swear to God I will kidnap Bella and take her somewhere you'll never find her." She threatened. Jasper and I both nearly screamed "NO!" Rose raised an eyebrow. "Well? I'm waiting." I gulped. "Should you, should I, or together?" I asked, glancing at Jazz. "Me doing it probably would send Rose into a laughing fit, you doing would likely result in her kidnapping you, so maybe together is the best option." Jazz answered. I gulped.

We both took a deep breath and said, "We're mates."
[close]
Chap four unfinished

DISCLAIMER: Is this necessary? Would I be writing this if I owned Twilight? Would I have waited so long to update if I were making money off this? In order, sadly yes, no, no.
~~~~~~~~~
RPOV
Hey, this is Rosalie. I'm borrowing (*cough* stealing *cough*) Bella's laptop while she's out hunting, to tell this one part of the story. Bella will be mad, but I don't think she'd tell this chapter correctly. Besides, it's not like the rest of the family won't be writing at least a chapter or two themselves!
------------
I had been confused, to put it bluntly. First I'd walked in the foyer intended to ask Bella if she knew what had happened to the latest box of cards I'd ordered, and found Jasper practically having a heart attack. Then when I threatened to kidnap Bella, they both nearly had a stroke. And then when I asked them what was going on, they had this conversation about who was going to tell me. And finally, they dropped the bombshell. 'They're mates?! How the hell is that possible?' I thought frantically, my jaw dropped. "Is this a joke?" I finally asked. Bella and Jasper both shook their heads. Then I grinned. "Congratulations!" I said, hugging them both. But then again, it all added up. Edward had hardly seemed bothered when we left Bella, but Jasper walked around like a zombie, when he made a rare appearance. When we left Bella, Edward pretty much showed the same amount of grief that he would show if he left Alice or I like that, but Bella also apparently walked around like a zombie, until we all started gravitating back towards her. When Bella went to Italy, if vampires could hyperventilate, Jasper would have. And Edward always treated Bella like a sister, or his piano. (Sad, I know. The girl gave up so much, loving him, and he loved her like he loved his musical instruments, for Pete's sake!)

Jasper looked like stunned, like he wasn't expecting me to react the way I did. Bella just looked happy. "So now what? Do you want to tell everyone now, or wait, or what?" I asked. Bella and Jasper just kinda looked at each. "Let's wait." Bella finally said. "It would be better if we got everyone on their own to tell them." Jasper agreed. I sighed. "And that brings us to this: What about Edward?" Bella said, huddling into Jasper's side. I have to admit, they looked kinda cute together. Better than Bella and Edward anyways.  Jasper grunted. "Who cares? We'll tell him last, and if he objects, I know I can take him if needs be. He may be a mind reader, but there's ways around that." He said with a smirk. "I'd really rather it come to that, but I guess we'll cross that bridge when we come to it." Bella sighed.
And so it was decided – Bella and Jasper would approach Alice in a few days, then Esme and Carlisle together the next, then Emmett, and finally Edward. I, of course, would be there as well, but it was agreed I'd keep my mouth shut.
---------
It was around five in the evening. Bella had finished mowing the grass just as Carlisle and Esme pulled up. (Carlisle had picked Esme up from a consulting session that Emmy had dropped her off at.) Jasper walked out the door, and Esme ran straight to him and gave him one of the longest hugs I'd seen from her in, oh, about fifteen years.  Carlisle, I noticed, checked Bella over first, and gave a quick side hug, then as Esme detached herself from Jasper he went and hugged him. "It's great to have you back, son." He said, ruffling Jasper's hair affectionately. Esme then went over to Bella and I and looped her arms around our waists. "How was your day, girls?" she asked,
[close]
[close]

Cornflower MM

(So sorry for the double post!!)

If One Never Left

If One Never Left is another Twilight fanfic, with the main pairing Bella x Jasper. It follows the original story line up until about where Bella goes to find the meadow alone. There she finds a surprise and a startling piece of news. . .
Chap One

DISCLAIMER: I in no way possible own Twilight or anything about Twilight. I am making no money off this. The plot IS mine, feel free to use it, just don't change the name and quote me word for word.
BPOV:

Darkness. Pain. Anguish. It seems like there is no light at all, like everything is bleak and unnoticeable. I was better for a time, but now that Jacob has left me, it seems like everything is black again. I thought he was repairing the hole in my chest, but now I see he was only carving out a hole of his own. I have lost my sun now, too.

I jolted out of my thoughts as I automatically stopped the truck at the start of the trail. I was going to try and find the meadow again, like I did almost daily now, but this time, I was alone. Jake wasn't with me, nor was He. It was the first time I'd tried to find it on my own. I grabbed the map, found the right line, and set off into the forest, tripping every two feet and cursing every six. I squinted; Was it just my imagination, or was the forest getting lighter up ahead? After a moment I smiled a grimace – It was getting lighter up ahead! I sped up, tripping more often and definitely cursing a lot more, and then I fell, face first, into the meadow.

Sitting up, I looked around. It was a lot different now, the grass brown and no wildflowers. I unconsciously moved my arms until I was hugging myself, trying to hold together. Unlike I thought it would, it was no easier to remember Them here. "Why, Bella, is that you?" I heard a familiar voice ask. "Laurent!" I gasped, looking at the other side of the meadow and standing up quickly. "I thought you were in Denali." I continued; he shrugged. "I was just coming up to see the Cullens, but they weren't there. By the way things looked they haven't been in Forks for a very, very long time. Am I right?" He asked with a smile. But I was more riveted by his eyes – His red eyes.

Shouldn't they be gold by now? I wondered. Laurent noticed where I was looking and his smile vanished. "Y-your eyes, they're still red." I stammered, also avoiding his question. "Yes, so they are. You see, Bella, even though I went to Denali, and even though I do enjoy the vegetarian lifestyle and the benefits that it brings, I do sometimes cheat when I'm away." He explained patiently. My stomach churned, thinking of the lives that had been lost just so Laurent could enjoy his food choice more! Then I noticed Laurent was walking forward. "Ah, Bella, I do hope you forgive me, but you do smell so mouth-watering." He said, smiling a cruel smile. "I promise I'll make it quick and painless." He vowed, almost close enough now to reach out and grab me. I stood there, petrified.

JPOV

As soon as I ran to kill Laurent, I knew the game was up. Typical Bella, running into danger the second I turn around. But it's my fault; I shouldn't have left her in that state, not even to hunt and check on her father. I berated myself, tackling the other vampire. The fight was over in a matter of seconds – Laurent may have been old, but he had next to no fighting skills. I stood in front of the fire, my hands by my sides, and my back to Bella. I wasn't sure how she would handle my presence, but she did the last thing I expected: Bella tried to hug me.

BPOV

I had thought I was dead. Laurent had been mere moments away from draining me dry, but a blur passed inches from my face. There was a harsh screeching sound, then it stopped and strange purple smoke billowed up from a fire. But more importantly (To me, anyways) was the familiar 6'4 lean form of Jasper Cullen.  I stared at the back of his shaggy blonde head for a moment, and then catapulted myself at the oddly military-straight figure; wrapping my arms around Jasper in a hug, I realized I'd started crying. He stiffened for a moment, managing to turn so that my face wasn't in his back anymore.

"J-Jasper, you're h-h-here." I stammered, clinging to him for dear life. "Bella, calm down; I'm not going to vanish into thin air, I promise. . . Bella? Bella!" Jasper said soothingly, although he sounded a little alarmed after a moment when I didn't move or stop crying. My emotions must have been crazy. No, I knew they were crazy: Relief, sadness, happiness, shock, slightly scared, and confused, to name but a few. I was relieved because I now knew I wasn't alone or abandoned any more, sadness because Jasper brought bittersweet memories to the surface. I was supremely happy to see Jasper, and because I wasn't dead. I was slightly scared because of Laurent, and shocked because of all that had happened.

In other words, I was a mess; a big, incoherent, shirt-ruining, clumsy, crying, recovering-from-near-zombie-ness mess. A wave of calm washed over me, and I realized what I must have been doing to Jasper. "I'm s-sorry, I forgot. I'm just so ha-happy to see y-y-you, Jasper." I apologized, immediately starting to pull away, but Jasper's cold arms slightly tightened, holding me put. "Bella, don't apologize. You of all people should not be apologizing. Besides, I think I prefer you ruining my shirt and making your emotional cocktail a little more in-my-face over you screaming, running and/or being scared half to death of me." He said with a small sigh. I looked up at Jasper's face for the first time, noticing the small worry lines around his golden eyes.

Wait, back up a minute. Worry lines around Jasper's golden eyes? I saw three things wrong with this picture: even His eyes darkened when I flung myself at him like this. And number two, why would Jasper be worried? He didn't even like me all that much. . . Right? And three, vampires didn't get worry lines unless they were currently worrying about something, which would cause their face to wrinkle a little. My realizations took only a second, and I scrambled to find a reply. "Why would I be running, screaming and/or scared half to death of you?" Wow, could I do anything to make this awkward reunion even more awkward?! Way to go, Bella! I thought to myself sarcastically. Jasper was shaking his head, though from why I didn't know. "For now, let's just get you home. Charlie will be getting worried, and you need to rest. NDEs really aren't good for your nerves, Bella." He scolded evasively. Alright, fine. I'll find out what you're hiding soon enough, Jasper Hale. I thought as I nodded in agreement. He was right – It was getting late; it had taken me longer than I thought to find the meadow.

"May I?" Jasper asked, and I realized he was asking if he permission to pick me up. I was touched by that small courtesy – Certainly He had never asked, and when the others picked me up it was when they were hunting James. There had been no time, except for when Alice picked me up. But now that I thought about it, the only vampire who had picked me up since then was Him. "It'll be faster, and you'd be far less likely to injure yourself." He added persuasively. I had to admit he was right, but. . . "Are you sure you'll be alright? I don't want to cause you pain, or anything." I ventured. But Jasper merely snorted as he swooped down and picked me up bridal style. "If only you knew." I thought I heard him mutter as he started running. I shut my eyes and hung on for dear life, trying not to scream. Jasper's run was different than His, more aggressive somehow. As I realized that he had stopped running, I heard a deep throaty bass laugh. "Bella, you can let go now." He reminded me, but I was too stiff from hanging on so tightly to move without help. Plus I was amazed; I had never heard Jasper laugh before. Ever. I had seen him smile all of five times, and heard him chuckle exactly once.

"Bella, can you move at all?" Jasper patiently asked, bringing me back from my thoughts with a jolt. "Help. Please." I managed to squeak, and then the next thing I knew, I was sitting in the passenger seat of my truck, buckled and all. As I opened my mouth to protest, Jasper smirked, "Next time, Bella. Right now you're in no shape to even sit behind a wheel. Remember, if we crash, I walk away just fine. But you? You're more fragile." He said. I sighed; Jasper was right, again. "Fine. . . ." I pouted. Then I thought of something, and gasped in pain. I hunched over my arms around myself. Jasper immediately looked over. "Bella! What is it? Tell me and don't you dare say it's nothing, Bella!" He ordered, but I knew he only snapped because he was worried. "I'll tell you later. . . If you stick around." I mumbled, knowing full well he could hear.

The truck stopped, and Jasper moved over and started rubbing my back, stroking my head, little things. "Bella, of course I'll 'stick around.' It would only break you more if I left now that I've shown myself, and I couldn't do that. Not to you, mi hermosa y roto uno. Me comprometo a permanecer el tiempo que me quieres, mi compañera." Jasper murmured, ending in what sounded like Spanish to me. I blinked and straightened slowly, moving my arms to my lap. "Better?" Jasper asked softly, keeping one marble arm around my shoulders. I nodded, concentrating in breathing in, out, in, out. "I didn't know you speak Spanish." I muttered after about five minutes, turning my head to look at Jasper, who half-smiled. "There are a lot of things you don't know about me, Bella." He murmured, moving back over to the driver's seat. The moment was over.

When we were three streets away from my house, Jasper raised an eyebrow, "Charlie's not home." He sounded puzzled and worried, although I wasn't sure why. It was quite likely he'd gone fishing. He swung in the driveway, then turned off the truck and was out of the vehicle almost faster than I could comprehend. But I was glad he had taken it easy on my poor truck. Since I wasn't entirely sure what was going on, I stayed in the cab, although I did unbuckle. Then Jasper opened my passenger door, and I stepped out. "Is everything alright?"I asked anxiously – In response, he handed me a note. It said,

Bells,
Billy Black called, wanted me to go fishing with him and Harry Clearwater. I thought I'd accept the invitation, so I'll be home later with some fish and Harry Clearwater's homemade fish fry.
Love, Dad.

"Fish again?" I moaned. Jasper raised an eyebrow. "I'm guessing you don't like fish?" He asked, and I shook my head. "I do, but we have at least a three year supply!" I wailed. Jasper just shook his head and shut the truck door, which I had accidentally left open. "Oops." I muttered, walking towards my front door. After walking about ten steps, I became aware that Jasper wasn't walking with me; I turned. "Aren't you coming?" I asked, already starting to feel the pain raising its ugly head. Jasper looked startled, then blurred over to me. "Of course, my apologies." He said, carefully putting an arm around my shoulders.

After we went inside, I realized I was, in fact, more than a little hungry, so I quickly slapped together a sandwich, quickly ate it, and then joined Jasper at the kitchen table. Then I had to ask. "Jasper, when did you come back to Forks?" I asked, studying the wood under my face. When I looked up again, Jasper was rubbing his neck with his hand, looking decidedly uncomfortable.

"Ah, Bella, I never actually left."

SPANISH TRANSLATION: '...my beautiful and broken one. I promise to stay as long as you want me, my mate.'  
[close]
Chap. Two, barely started!

DISCLAIMER: Is this necessary? If I owned Twilight, I SO wouldn't be writing this. Duh! But I don't want to get sued either. Err.
JPOV

Bella's jaw dropped. "You never left?! Why didn't you show yourself?!" She gasped. Bella was devastated, angry, and sad. "Bella, darlin', I'm sorry. It was really the best thing to do." I tried to soothe her, even used my gift. "Stop it, Jasper!" She shrieked as I sent her a very strong wave of calm. I immediately pulled it back, and she gave me a slightly puzzled look.
[close]
[close]
Twists and Turns

TaT is a Percy Jackon+Harry Potter crossover fanfic. It's another one of those that feature Percy and co. going to Hogwarts. The ones going to Hogwarts in this case are Percy, Annabeth, Nico, Thalia, and Leo. Others may or may not show up later. Features a snoopy 'Golden Trio' and more fun stuff. ;)
Chap. One
DISCLAIMER: In no way do I own ANYTHING Harry Potter or Percy Jackson related, and I'm making NO money off this in ANY way.
Percy POV

It was your standard day at Camp Half-Blood – Training, running, more training, lunch, more training, and screaming insults at the Ares cabin. (Don't ask about that last bit. All you need to know is that it involved me and an accidentally flooded Ares cabin. [For the record, I did not know Ares was visiting.]) Then Chiron summoned me to the Big House, and everything went downhill from there. (And only we campers can laugh at the poor unimaginative person who named the Big House the Big House. *coughCHIRONcough*.) Or uphill, I suppose; it all depends on your point of view, I guess. Anyways, when I got to the Big House, Thalia, Nico, Annabeth, and Leo were there. "Ah, Percy, there you are. We've been waiting for you." Chiron greeted me. "Sorry, I saw Travis and Connor with shaving cream." I apologized, sitting down next to Annabeth.

Why would two boys named Travis and Connor with shaving cream be a big deal? The simple reason that they will fill up your bunk with it and write rude messages on your cabin floor unless it's confiscated; They're true sons of Hermes in that aspect. And never let them see your wallet. Anyways. . .

"So, what's up, Chiron?" I asked. "It's time for a new quest." The centaur announced gravely. "WHAT?!" Annabeth and I yelled, jumping to our feet. Can you really blame us, though? Every single summer we've gone on a quest ever since we were eleven – And we're eighteen. In fact, last summer we saved the world and defeated Gaea. Nico's face turned murderous and he started screaming at Chiron in Ancient Greek – And I'm not translating. Sixteen or not, Nico could have a seriously dirty mouth. It was no wonder, really. Three days before, we'd learned that Will Solace, Nico's boyfriend, has stage two leukemia. Leo just whistled and started taking zip ties and washers out of his tool belt and building something with them. Thalia looked outraged as she screeched to be heard over Nico, "Are you crazy, Chiron?! I'm the Lieutenant of the Hunt! I can't just go off on a quest!" Annabeth also looked like she was going to throttle Chiron, and I was pretty sure I looked the same. Could we not have one peaceful summer, or was that too much to ask? Apparently it was.

"Children, children, calm down!" Chiron thundered after a moment. When we fell silent, he spoke again. "Nico, I am perfectly aware of Will's condition, but you especially were asked for. Why, I do not know. Percy, Annabeth, I know you're upset about this, and you have all rights to be, but pull yourselves together! Leo, are you even paying attention? Thalia, it's already been agreed with by Artemis, so unless you want to anger the gods. . ." He finished, staring evenly at all of us, even though every single one of us was glaring at him. Poor Nico looked like he was about to either burst into tears or blow a gasket any second. I walked over to him, slinging one arm around his shoulders. Surprisingly, Nico didn't object. Thalia muttered, "That's just cruel, even for the gods." Thunder rumbled, and Chiron coughed meaningfully. "I'm not apologizing." Thalia said defiantly. "Now, what's this oh-so-important quest?" She asked, rolling her eyes.

"I assume that you've all heard of wizards and witches?" Nods all around. "Well, they're real. Lady Hecate had a few things to do with it, of course, but that's a tale for another day." Blank uncaring stares, even from Annabeth. "A little more enthusiasm would be nice, children." We glared mutinously. Why should we show enthusiasm? We'd all been looking forward to the few weeks of summer we had left, except for Nico. Nico just wanted to stay with Will. Chiron sighed, "Very well.  This world of wizards and witches experienced a terrible war recently. I won't go into details, but there was a terrible wizard who called himself the Dark Lord, or Lord Voldemort-'' Nico made a growling noise. "He caused Dad all sorts of paperwork." Chiron looked slightly surprised, but then went on. "And Voldemort was after a boy named Harry Potter. Harry defeated him, at terrible costs. Now, your job is to watch over Harry. He's lived through one war; you've lived through two. You all know how who it feels to lose someone you love dearly, and you all know some of the best ways to cope. Harry, on the other hand, may think that he has known real loss for years, but he hasn't until recently. You five have been chosen to help him get over these tragedies. You have been enrolled at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and you'll stay there for the duration of the school year."

After Chiron finished, we were all silent until Leo raised his hand. "Yes, Valdez, what is it?" Chiron inquired. "Chiron, I wasn't around for the second Titan war. So why was I picked to help Harry get over his Moldyshorts war problems?" Leo asked, serious for once. "Voldemort, Leo. And I do not know – Perhaps part of the reason is that your friends will need your mechanical skill. Any other questions? No? Good. Go pack your clothes and whatever else you want to bring with you in your suitcases and be at the top of Half-Blood Hill in an hour." Chiron said with a wave of his hand.
Nico stormed towards the door of the rec room, scowling and muttering to himself in ancient Greek; Thalia followed him after aiming a kick at the Ping Pong table. Leo walked out whistling. Sometimes I wondered about Leo – Was he really that optimistic or just that oblivious? The rest of us were fuming, and he was cheerful. In a way, though, I supposed that that was good; we needed somebody like Leo every once in a while.
~~~Fifty minute time skip~~~
After I'd finished packing (It didn't take long; all I packed was a few Camp Half-Blood t-shirts, jeans, and a few other necessary items.) and saying goodbye to everyone (And giving Travis and Connor Stoll their shaving cream back on the promise of them using it to prank Chiron) I trudged up to Half-Blood Hill. I was the last to get to the Hill, and Annabeth let me know it: "Really, Seaweed Brain, ten minutes is cutting it too close! What if something had happened and we'd have had to leave ten minutes early?" She lectured. But I knew she was mad at Chiron, not me, and needed something to take her bad mood out on. "Sorry, Wise Girl." I apologized, kissing her forehead. She opened her mouth to no doubt lecture me more, but Annabeth was interrupted by a familiar voice calling for Nico to "Wait a minute, you idiot!" Nico gulped and turned around to face down the hill on the camp side. Will Solace, who was apparently given a lift from Chiron, looked extremely angry. He'd been the one who had shouted.

When the two reached the top of the hill, Will slid off Chiron's back, said a quick "Thanks," then marched over to Nico. "You idiot, Nico di Angelo! You really thought that you were going to skulk off for who knows how long without even a proper goodbye?! You thought that you were going to get away with a note?! You couldn't even give the note to me; oh no, you had to wait until I was busy in the infirmary!" The angry blonde yelled. It was almost comic: Will, the almost always cheerful blonde and tan one, yelling at Nico, the sulky black-haired and pale one who was currently cringing away from Will. But comic aspect aside, I was surprised that Nico hadn't wanted to tell Will goodbye face-to-face. . . But then again, in a way, it did sort of made sense. Would you want to tell your significant other with cancer that you had to leave for at least six months on another quest that you could possibly get killed on? (There's always a chance of getting killed on a quest, I don't care if you're just going to the nearest coffee shop for a latte.) No, I didn't think so.  

But now Will had stopped yelling and was looking at Nico impatiently while tapping his foot. "Uh, well, um. . ." He scrambled, obviously trying to think of something to say. Will sighed, and then grabbed Nico's jaw. "Shut up, Nico. I know why you did it. Just never do that to me again, you hear?" Will said with a small smile, and then he leaned forward and kissed Nico's cheek. "Now remember, no shadowtravelling or summoning the dead for at least two more weeks! I'd prefer three, though. I'll see you at Christmas, okay?" Will said briskly; Nico nodded, and hugged the blonde.

"What now? Where's the school? Do they know we're demigods? If they don't, what's our cover story?" Annabeth asked in a desperate attempt to give Nico and Will some privacy – We'd all been watching the two with some amusement. It wasn't often you saw Nico flinching at someone's every word – It was usually the other way around! "Hogwarts is in Scotland, but you will be going to a place called the Burrow until term starts. No, they do not know you're demigods, only the headmistress of the school does, and I think it would be best for you to stay undercover. However, that choice is up to you. If you decide to keep your parentage secret, you can say that you were taught, up till now, at the School of Delphi. Your wands will be sent to you secretly, and I believe that Lady Hecate will be blessing you with magical talent at a later date. As for what now, if you all would be so kind as to go and touch that old hat, you'll be off. Head for the tall crooked looking building. Now hurry!"Chiron instructed.

Puzzled, I walked over to the old blue hat that was lying near Thalia's tree, dragging my suitcase. Annabeth joined me a moment later, then Leo, then Nico, and finally Thalia. Five seconds later, I felt a weird tug behind my navel, then a feeling like shadowtravelling, only not quite as dark. Then I landed hard on my back. Half a second later, my suitcase fell onto my stomach. The traitorous thing. Leo immediately stood up and ran a few paces to the west, where I then heard him emptying the contents of his stomach. Annabeth wrinkled her nose. "Gross, Leo!" She called; her response was a moan. Thalia merely laughed, and Nico smirked, saying, "That wasn't so bad." Then Leo walked back over to us, pale with his hands shaking. Nico tossed him a bar of dark chocolate. "Dude, not that I'm complaining, but why chocolate?" Leo asked. "Shut up and eat it." Nico said, glaring at him. "Okay, okay! Chill!" Leo squawked.

I stood up and looked around; we were surrounded by long grass and not much else, except a tall, crooked building, and some people with red hair walking quickly towards us. "Guys! We've got company!" I warned, taking my pen/sword, Riptide, out of my pocket. Annabeth stood up immediately, followed by Thalia, who'd been Misting Nico and Annabeth's weapons. (Annabeth's drakon bone sword now looked like a blue plastic hairbrush, and Nico's Stygian iron sword looked like a keychain.) Nico was now preoccupied with running from Leo, who was chasing with him with – Was that a socket wrench? And why was Leo screaming about his mouth burning and never eating any chocolate ever offered by Nico again? Weird. . .

"Who on earth are you?" A red haired lady asked me. "Oh, hi, I'm Percy Jackson. This is my girlfriend, Annabeth Chase, my cousin, Thalia, the guy screaming about his mouth burning and chocolate is Leo Valdez, one of my best friends, and the guy who's being chased by Leo is my other cousin, Nico di Angelo. It's nice to meet you." I said, smiling as I tried my hardest to be polite. Not easy, when you've got pointy sticks pointed at you. "Ah, you're the American exchange students. I'm Molly Weasley, these are my sons George and Ron, and this is my daughter, Ginny. Let's get your trunks." The red haired lady said. I smiled again and nodded to George, Ron, and Ginny, shoving Riptide into my jeans pocket and grabbing my suitcase. Thalia slapped the one named Ron's hand as he reached for her suitcase, "I can get it myself, thanks." She scowled. "Sorry about that. Thals likes to do things herself." I told Ron, who shrugged. "I noticed."

Soon we got Leo to stop chasing Nico (Although I'm still not entirely sure why he was) and then we were off to the tall crooked building called the Burrow. Leo and George started talking about something called Weasley's Wizards Wheezes, the girls started talking, and Mrs. Weasley fawned over Nico, saying how he was "So skinny!" and such. Nico'd always been skinny; that was just the way he was. Ron and I walked in companionable silence.  Then when we got inside the Burrow, I nearly groaned. Our bedrooms were up five freaking flights of stairs. All five of us demigods looked at each other and had a brilliant idea. "Bucket line?" I asked. They nodded. "Sure. How about Percy takes them up the first flight and hands them to Leo, who gives them to me, I give them to Thalia, who gives them to Nico? We can take them to our own rooms." Annabeth suggested. "That works." "Yeah, sure." "Absolutely!" "Why not?" "Brilliant plan, Wise Girl." We agreed, then we went to our stations and started passing them up to each other. It only took about fifteen minutes, which was a plus. I'd expected an argument to break out.

The Weasleys watched us with an amazed look on their faces, like they'd never seen a bucket line before. Finally Ron asked, "Why didn't you just use magic?" Oops. Forgot about that. The five of us looked at each other then shrugged simultaneously. Mrs. Weasley and Ginny both smacked Ron on the back of his head. "If they didn't want to use magic that's fine!" Mrs. Weasley hissed. "Um, we're just going to go unpack. . ." Thalia said after an awkward silence.  So we went to unpack. But when we heard a shouted "HARRY!" of course we went downstairs to look.
[close]
Chap. Two
DICLAIMER: *Sighs* Do I have to do this? Yes? Fine. If I owned anything Percy Jackson or Harry Potter related, I a) wouldn't be writing this and b) would lavish my family in things that they want but can't afford. Since I DON'T, I'm playing with the characters J. K. Rowling and Rick Riordan created. Happy now?
Harry POV

I was having a bad day. First, I'd lost my luggage because a stupid Muggle girl, who called herself Rachel Elizabeth Dare, kept trying to warn me about something silly. I didn't pay any attention to her. Second, my new owl Beetle nearly got loose, which would have been disastrous. And then to top it all off, the Weasleys were nowhere in sight when I got off the train. With a sigh, I walked outside the station, where I spotted Mr. Weasley getting out of a green truck. I hurried over and he grinned.

"Ah, Harry! So nice to see you again! How was Hermione?" Mr. Weasley asked, sounding just as excited as always. I'd been visiting Hermione and her parents for a month for no real reason. "She's doing great, actually. It's nice to see you again too, Mr. Weasley." I said, smiling back at him as we secured my trunk in the bed of the truck. "That's excellent news! Glad to hear Hermione's doing well. Oh, yes, I have some exciting news for you. Hogwarts is gaining five exchange students this year, and until the school year starts, they'll be boarding at the Burrow! In fact they should be arriving at the Burrow right about now." He said, glancing at his watch. "No time to waste, get in, Harry!" He cried. I quickly leaped into the passenger's seat.

"Ah, Mr. Weasley, if you don't mind me asking, where did you get the truck?" I inquired, holding onto the dashboard for dear life as the truck pulled out of the train station parking lot. "Borrowed it from a neighbor, actually. Miss Scotts is a very nice lady; it took next to no effort to convince her to let me borrow this old thing." He explained. "Miss Scotts?! With a truck this big and noisy?!" I exclaimed. Mr. Weasley spared me a disapproving glance. "Harry, hasn't anyone told you it's rude to stereotype? Anyways, she moved from America – Some place called Georgia – Apparently, it's not so uncommon for older women to have cars like this there." He explained. I managed a quick "Ah," then shut up. Mr. Weasley's driving always, without fail, left me feeling slightly carsick. It was best I didn't open my mouth.
~~~30 minute time skip~~~
After we returned Miss Scotts' truck, we walked down the road a ways, just to get out of sight; then we Apparated. It seemed that the second I stepped foot in the kitchen, Ginny shrieked, "HARRY!" and hugged me so tightly I almost couldn't breathe. "Nice. . . To. . . See. . . You too, Gin." I wheezed. She and I were dating again, and the long-distance thing had actually worked alright this past month. Ginny blushed and dropped her arms; I smiled and after a moment hugged her, more gently. It was then the rest of the Weasleys appeared and I was treated to more hugs like the Ginny gave me. Finally I'd answered all the questio

One looked a lot like me, only more scarred, his jet-black hair was more windswept instead of plain messy, he was tanner, his eyes were sea green instead of jade green, and he looked a lot stronger. He was also wearing a blue long-sleeved t-shirt and jeans. He had his arm around a girl with long blonde curly hair with stormy grey eyes, a gray t-shirt, jeans, and just as many scars as the black haired guy. On his other side was a guy with black, slightly crazy eyes, black windswept messy hair, almost as many scars as the other two, a black t-shirt and ripped black jeans. On the other side of him was a Latino hyper elf-looking guy with mischievous brown eyes, wearing a red t-shirt, jeans, and (Strangely) a tool belt. I noticed he barely had any scars. All the way on the other end, next to the blonde girl, was a girl with a silvery crown-circlet thing in her black hair, a silver t-shirt, ripped jeans, not as many scars as the others but more than the Latino, and electric blue eyes.

"Oh dear, where are my manners? Harry, these are the exchange students from America, from what school did you say, dears?" Mrs. Weasley fussed. "The School of Delphi, ma'am. I'm Percy Jackson, nice to meet you." The black haired guy with the green eyes said, extending the hand that wasn't wrapped around the blonde. I reached forward and shook it. The blonde said, "Hi, I'm Annabeth Chase, Percy's girlfriend." She also reached out her hand to shake. The other girl said, "I'm Thalia Grace." I nodded with a friendly smile, and then the guy on the other side of Percy spoke up. "I'm Nico di Angelo. S'nice to meet you." He slowly reached out his hand, so I shook it quickly. Then the last one said, "Hello, I'm Leo Valdez!" I had to grin at Leo's enthusiasm – It seemed to be contagious.

They'd all spoken right after one another, giving me no time to introduce myself. "Hello, I'm Harry Potter. It's a pleasure to meet all of you." I said, dreading what seemed like the inevitable reaction to my name. Surprisingly, none came other than Percy smiling. He seemed like a nice, easy-going guy, certainly the most open out of all the exchange students. "Well, why don't you all run along and get to know each other better?" Mrs. Weasley asked, before smacking George on the hand as he reached for one of the nuts from the bowl on the table. Nico and Thalia glanced at each other with raised eyebrows, but shrugged nonetheless, although I could have sworn their faces twitched like they were trying not to smile. "Yes, Mrs. Weasley." Annabeth said, turning to go out the door; we all followed.

When we were outside, Leo said, "So, what now?" I shrugged. "So what's The School of Delphi like? The name sounds almost like something from those old Roman legends." Ginny asked after a few awkward moments. Percy tensed up. "Greek, not Roman, Greek. There's a big difference." Wow, that was . . . harsh. Percy grew red. "I'm sorry, Ginny. I'm really sorry. That came out the wrong way." He apologized as I put my arm around my girlfriend. "Percy, it's fine." She said. Then Annabeth spoke up, after digging an elbow into Percy's side as he started to say something. "Seaweed Brain, enough." Then she turned to Ginny and smiled.

"To answer your question, Ginny, The School of Delphi is pretty cool. It's almost more like a camp, actually. But please, tell us about Hogwarts. I for one would like to learn about the place where I'll be studying for the next semester." Annabeth said. Then Percy, Thalia, Leo, and Nico burst into laughter for some weird reason. "Annie, hahaha, your mom, heeheehee, would be, hahaha, so proud!" Leo giggled. Annabeth blushed and slapped him on the arm. "Ow! That hurt!" Leo complained, rubbing his biceps. "Do not call me Annie!" she hissed. "Hey, Wise Girl, calm down. I'm sure Leo didn't mean it. . . Right, Leo?" Percy soothed, glaring at the Latino, who gulped out, "Sorry, Annabeth, I'm really, really sorry." I wasn't surprised – For one, Percy just seemed. . . Powerful. And for another, let's just say Percy's glare definitely didn't need any help.

I realized then that George, Ginny, and I were staring at the five with our jaws dropped, literally. Nico turned to us with a smirk. "Go on, Ginny.' He prompted gently. "Oh, yeah. Right. Well, Hogwarts is amazing. There are four houses, Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin. Gryffindor is the house for those who are brave, determined, and noble. Hufflepuff is the house for those who are loyal, gentle, and kind. Ravenclaw is for those who are smart, studious, and wise. Last, but not least, is Slytherin, the house for those who are cunning, sly, and ambitious. I'll tell you more about the houses later." And Ginny was off! While she was no Hermione, Ginny was smart and knew a lot about Hogwarts.
~~~Time skip to dinner/supper/evening meal~~~
After we all crowded around the table and started eating, it reminded me of the Order meetings. A big table, everyone laughing and eating. . . It was nice, but also slightly sad. So many of the Order of the Phoenix had died. Then I blinked. Percy had just slipped his biggest slice of meat under the table. The other exchange students were doing the same, all passing their food to Leo. I glanced at Mrs. Weasley, but thankfully she hadn't noticed what they were doing. Then Mrs. Weasley heaped another big spoonful of potatoes onto Nico's plate, then mine, saying, "Eat up! You're both so skinny." Nico glared at his potatoes like they were the cause of all his problems. And man, I felt sorry for those potatoes. If that wasn't a look that killed, it was pretty [darn] close.

Percy, who was between Nico and me, gave him a quick one-armed hug. Looking up and meeting my curious stare, Percy shook his head quickly. I turned my gaze back to my food while thinking that those new kids were strange – I'd noticed that Percy was slipping blue food coloring onto his food now.
~~~Next morning (Also, my apologies for all the time skips) ~~~
I woke up the next morning to the sound of people shouting, "PERCY! WAKE UP!" at the top of their lungs. Or at least that's the way it seemed to me – My bed and Percy's were only separated by a curtain. Yanking aside the curtain, I grabbed my glasses and said, "What's going on?" Four heads whipped around to face me. "I'm sorry, Harry. We didn't mean to wake you, only Seaweed Brain here." Nico said. I did a double take, looking at him – He certainly didn't sleep well, if the circles under his red-rimmed eyes said anything. "You mean he's not awake already after you guys screaming like that?" I said sarcastically. They shook their heads, "Percy's a very deep sleeper." Leo informed me.

Fifteen minutes later, we still hadn't managed to wake Percy up. Just now, Leo was jumping onto him – Literally. Percy only grunted and rolled over. "Ugh. That used to work." Leo muttered. Thalia bent down and called, "Hey, Kelp Head, blue cookies!" No reaction whatsoever. Nico snorted. "You really thought that was going to work, Pinecone Face?" Thalia glared. "Don't call me Pinecone Face. Besides, you got any better ideas, Death Breath?" She snapped, which earned her another death-glare. "Don't call me Death Breath! And maybe I do, actually." Nico walked over to Percy and screamed, "Percy! Help!" Immediately, the prone form flew up and then the next thing I knew, Nico was on the floor with a really pissed off looking Percy on top of him, his fist mere inches from Nico's face. Nico however, was smirking at Thalia. "See? It works."

Percy raised an eyebrow before standing up and extending his hand to Nico. "Sorry, Neeks; maybe you should figure out a different way to wake me up, because that's so not a great way to start my day." Percy said, and then Nico growled. "Only one person can call me Neeks, and do you see anywhere? If you do, then please point him out so I can go throttle him." But Nico took the proffered hand, although he strangely grasped Percy's wrist.  Percy blushed again. "Oops." Just then, Leo laughed. "Oh man, Water Boy, you should've seen your face when Nico called for help! Pri-iceless!" Percy scowled. "Hey, Fire Head? If you value your life, shut up." Thalia and Annabeth giggled – Percy gave them the evil eye. "Wise Girl, Pinecone Face, the same goes for you." They immediately stopped laughing.
I'd just been standing there dumbfounded through all of this. "Why do you guys have such weird nicknames for each other?" I finally asked. They all turned and looked at me, as if they'd forgotten I was there. "School of Delphi thing." They chorused. "Okay. So, Percy's Seaweed Brain, Water Boy, or Kelp Head; Nico's Death Breath or Death Boy; Leo's Fire Head; Thalia's Pinecone Face; and Annabeth's Wise Girl?" I asked. They shared a look like 'Oh help.' Then Percy said almost hesitantly. "yeah, why?" I rubbed my eyes, yawned, and said, "Just checking." "I'm also Flame Breath, Harry." Leo added unexpectedly. I stared at him for a minute, and then burst out laughing.

Just then, Ginny and George walked in. "Hey, breakfast's ready." This of course only made me laugh harder.
[close]
[close]

Cornflower MM

(So, so, so sorry for the triple post. This is for just in case!)

Unimaginative

So... Much.... Twilight fanfics....

I saw a picture somewhere poking fun at Twilight. They joked that it was a Buffy the Vampire Slayer fanfic that went horribly, horribly wrong.
"Once built a steamboat in a meadow
Cos I'd forgotten how to sail" - The Gardener , The Tallest Man on Earth

Cornflower MM

I did warn you. It seems to be what I write best. . . . And Hanny, there are so many pics poking fun at Twilight. . . .

The Mask

I quite liked your crossover  :D I think you captured the characters really well!
I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

" I will burn the heart out of you." Moriarty, Sherlock

Rainshadow

I must admit, I haven't read the Twilight fics (although I most likely will at a more reasonable hour), but I love your Percy Jackson/Harry Potter crossover.  Hilarious and awesome at the same time.  Heh, Pinecone Face.  ;D
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

The Skarzs

I've read the first two chapters, and I'll give you some criticism first.

A couple times in the chapters I noticed it hopping around from present to past tense; it makes it a little hard to read when one is trying to decipher what is written. Other than that, there doesn't seem to be very many grammatical errors. However, the sentences are often rather short and blunt; so many stops in the flow of thoughts can make reading less of a smooth continuation and more of a scratched CD. I would suggest combining sentences in the future by conjunctions or making one sentence into an additional phrase of another. A lot of your sentences are also rather simple: Noun, verb, object. Try mixing it up a bit with a phrase before the noun, or add more description to stretch the sentence and give more color to the story. Lastly, when you are describing someone's speech ("Hey, pick that up," Jonny said), one thing you could do is have some dialogue, then the description of what he is doing, then more dialogue. ("Hey," Jonny snapped as he lifted a log. "Pick that up, will ya?") That breaks up monotonous speech with action and gives some depth to the story that the reader can more easily appreciate.

The storyline seems pretty good, so keep it up!

Sorry I gave more criticism than praise, but I'm just giving some help. :P :)
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

Quote from: The Mask on March 31, 2015, 06:49:15 AM
I quite liked your crossover  :D I think you captured the characters really well!

Thanks, Masky! :)

Quote from: Rainshadow on March 31, 2015, 07:08:08 AM
  I must admit, I haven't read the Twilight fics (although I most likely will at a more reasonable hour), but I love your Percy Jackson/Harry Potter crossover.  Hilarious and awesome at the same time.  Heh, Pinecone Face.  ;D

Thank you, Rain! :D

Quote from: The Skarzs on March 31, 2015, 03:51:18 PM
I've read the first two chapters, and I'll give you some criticism first.

A couple times in the chapters I noticed it hopping around from present to past tense; it makes it a little hard to read when one is trying to decipher what is written. Other than that, there doesn't seem to be very many grammatical errors. However, the sentences are often rather short and blunt; so many stops in the flow of thoughts can make reading less of a smooth continuation and more of a scratched CD. I would suggest combining sentences in the future by conjunctions or making one sentence into an additional phrase of another. A lot of your sentences are also rather simple: Noun, verb, object. Try mixing it up a bit with a phrase before the noun, or add more description to stretch the sentence and give more color to the story. Lastly, when you are describing someone's speech ("Hey, pick that up," Jonny said), one thing you could do is have some dialogue, then the description of what he is doing, then more dialogue. ("Hey," Jonny snapped as he lifted a log. "Pick that up, will ya?") That breaks up monotonous speech with action and gives some depth to the story that the reader can more easily appreciate.

The storyline seems pretty good, so keep it up!

Sorry I gave more criticism than praise, but I'm just giving some help. :P :)

Skarry, I'm definitely not one of those authors who can't stand criticism - Thanks! I'll have to fix those tenses, and I will definitely keep the sentence thingy in mind. :) *Facepalm* And I'm an idiot. I've been a littled worried about the speech/dialogue myself, but really couldn't think of how to fix it.

The Skarzs

A lot of the criticism that sprouted up suddenly was because of the fiction writing course I'm taking. . . A help in some ways, a burden in others. :P
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

The Skarzs

Right, so I read the third chapter, and what I said before still should be some stuff to be considered (short sentences that could be joined, kinda repetitive sentence starters, etc.). One more thing I did notice was that in sentences like this:
Quote"So, you're alive." He said dryly, inwardly a little happy, but mostly resigned.
. . . you had the dialogue end with a sentence, but the description after it still went on. What could be done is that you could have said: "So, you're alive," he said. The comma is important, as is the lower case letter of the next word after the quote. If you don't want to do that, you could make it into two complete thoughts. "So, you're alive." Edward seemed inwardly happy, but was rather resigned.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

Quote from: The Skarzs on April 10, 2015, 04:23:54 PM
Right, so I read the third chapter, and what I said before still should be some stuff to be considered (short sentences that could be joined, kinda repetitive sentence starters, etc.). One more thing I did notice was that in sentences like this:
Quote"So, you're alive." He said dryly, inwardly a little happy, but mostly resigned.
. . . you had the dialogue end with a sentence, but the description after it still went on. What could be done is that you could have said: "So, you're alive," he said. The comma is important, as is the lower case letter of the next word after the quote. If you don't want to do that, you could make it into two complete thoughts. "So, you're alive." Edward seemed inwardly happy, but was rather resigned.

*Blinks* Whaaaat? Oh, wait, I think I get it now. Thanks! (Just try to keep in mind that TaT chapter two is the most recent chapter I've written, please. :P)

EDIT: Also, I think it was Jacob, not Edward who said that. :P