Opinion Poll: Feelings on the change to Castaway

Started by Matthias720, April 01, 2015, 04:45:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How do you feel about the direction the forum is going?

Very positive
6 (23.1%)
Positive
4 (15.4%)
Somewhat positive
1 (3.8%)
Neutral
3 (11.5%)
Somewhat negative
8 (30.8%)
Negative
0 (0%)
Very negative
4 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Voting closed: April 03, 2015, 04:45:32 PM

Matthias720

Your opinions and feelings are important to us. Please share your thoughts here.

James Gryphon

We already discussed this at length privately, but I felt I'd share my opinion for the entire forum. When we first brought up the idea of making a change, I was thrilled. The old stuff was good enough in its time, but it wasn't giving a fair or balanced perspective of Mr. Jacques' great career and his accomplishments as a writer. The Castaways series is great and I think everyone will love getting to know more about this series over the next year.

Also: I'm really looking forward to seeing the new logo you cooked up for the forum header! It's a lot better than that red text that's been up there.
« Subject to editing »

Mhera

I am extremely excited about these changes. The mice books have hogged far too much attention from the rest of Jacques' excellent works as James has already stated elsewhere. While at first this shift looks potentially detrimental to the well-being of the forums by fundamentally changing everything they have ever been, I think the mice books are so ingrained into everyone's imagination that switching things up a bit to focus on Jacques' lesser known literature will not cause any detrimental long term effects to the series' or the forums' popularity. Instead this only draws attention to some of the most underrated books ever written, the Castaways series.

I foresee only positive outcomes from this makeover.

Oh, and clever idea making this so close to April Fools! You had us members thinking this was a joke!

Matthias720

Quote from: Mhera on April 01, 2015, 06:30:48 PM
Oh, and clever idea making this so close to April Fools! You had us members thinking this was a joke!
That's the joke! People think we're kidding!

LT Sandpaw

Its hard to decide whether its a joke or not, I like the change of the ranks names it gives them more depth then just Hero member or newbie I like it.

The names of the Boards however are strange, and to tell you the truth don't really make sense. :-\ I suppose it works all the same.

My two cents is that I'm fine with it, don't really care either way, Just keep the rank names if you switch everything back because that's cool. ;)

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Dannflower Reguba

It is indeed the annual April Fools thing, though they don't generally announce it like a fact, it was usually some kind of "hostile takeover," which was why it was all fun and games before.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Mhera

(It's still pretty funny. Chill a bit.)

LT has a point; the new forum names could be less confusing. Maybe calling them after various parts of a ship would work (e.g. The Front Lawns/Veron Market Day could be The Forecastle).

Russano the Wise

I'm liking these changes so far! It should be interesting to focus a bit more on some of Brian Jacques other books, like the Castaways and have some more discussion about this great series. The change is working on me already. It has been a long time since I read the Castaways series, so yesterday I began to reread the books so I'll be up to date on the characters and events, and hopefully contribute to the discussion.   
"But if you really love your friends, they're never really gone. Somewhere they're watching over you and they're always there inside your heart." -Martin the Warrior

Hickory

Quote from: Mhera on April 02, 2015, 03:08:59 AM
(It's still pretty funny. Chill a bit.)

LT has a point; the new forum names could be less confusing. Maybe calling them after various parts of a ship would work (e.g. The Front Lawns/Veron Market Day could be The Forecastle).
As soon as I reread all the books I'll understand a lot better..
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Cornflower MM

Honestly? I like these changes! It's pretty cool. :) Sure, it'll take a little getting used to, but what doesn't?
EDIT: As an after thought, the only problem I see with these changes is that we all have Redwall names. Oh well. . . . Makes it interesting.

FastFang

Quote from: Cornflower MM on April 03, 2015, 09:20:15 PM
EDIT: As an after thought, the only problem I see with these changes is that we all have Redwall names. Oh well. . . . Makes it interesting.

The url of the website too.

I was scared for a moment here
google translate saved my life!

rrrrr

LOL
rrrrr.....

Ho arr, mateys, swimming is fun!

I had shrimp 'n' hotroot soup today.

Jukka the Sling

Quote from: rrrrr on April 22, 2015, 04:18:19 AM
Maybe we should leave it as it is.
Um... this topic is old. From April 1st. It was referring to the April Fool's prank the mods pulled by changing the forum to a Castaways theme.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

rrrrr

rrrrr.....

rrrrr

rrrrr.....