News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Mafia

Started by Skyblade, April 08, 2015, 09:00:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Round 3: Who do you want to kick out?

Soren
5 (55.6%)
Mhera
0 (0%)
Plugg
1 (11.1%)
Sand
1 (11.1%)
Gonff
1 (11.1%)
Jet
1 (11.1%)
rrrrr
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Jetthebinturong

You still have not given a reason.

I don't think any of the mafia have posted which is VERY ANNOYING
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Skyblade

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on April 23, 2015, 04:55:05 PM
You still have not given a reason.

I don't think any of the mafia have posted which is VERY ANNOYING

OOC: Yeah, you all who are lurking around might want to post if you don't mind ;D Sorry Jet, I forgot to answer your last question. I simply meant that Dibbun was a hunter for food.

(For ease of reference, the Mafia, police officer, nurse, and person accused are all referred to as he)

The night Dibbun let was colder than usual, with a frostiness hanging in the air that chilled people's skin. Few chose to go outside, with most people staying inside the dormitory building (especially when the trauma of Rain's murder lingered so strongly).

Soren, Mhera, and Plugg were drawing in the downstairs lobby. Banya was working on something in her room. Gonff and Jet were writing creative stories in their own dorms. Sand and rrrrr were playing a game in the former's room. Only one person was daring enough to venture the outside world at such a time.

Silent Sam, more commonly known as Sam, was a mostly quiet fellow (as his name suggested). But when he did speak, it was often something bold, and he was known to have a healthy thirst for adventure. Sam was walking right outside the building when he paused to examine something inquisitive on the floor, next to the wall: a box. Sam hesitated. He thought. After a few minutes, he carefully opened it and jumped back.

Nothing happened, and the box just lay opened on the ground. Sam approached it cautiously, his hand clutching a dagger (everyone had been armed after Rain's assassination). He looked inside, and saw something shocking.

Nothing!

As Sam had been occupied with the box, a window a few floors right above him had been carefully opening. Two people had been silently climbing down the wall with a harness.

Sam's scream for help was cut short as a person grabbed his throat. The other ripped his dagger from his hands and raised it in the air. What followed was inevitable. Sam, as strong and adept a warrior as he was, could not win when a fight when he was ambushed by two.

A few hours later, it was soon determined by the rest of the group that Sam was missing. Everyone panicked and searched all throughout the dormitory building. Finally, Sand heroically volunteered to go outside and see if Sam was there (everyone was scared). Though afraid himself as well, he found Sam dead by the building and carried him back without coming to harm. Unfortunately, the nurse had been trying to help somebody else and could not save him.

```

A little after midnight, the police officer marched into a certain person's room and accused him. As it turned out, he was not the person he was looking for.

Eight people were left, and two of them – a quarter – were the Mafia.

Nobody slept well that night.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

LT Sandpaw

I wish to hear what the others have to say before I lay my blame... You see Sam was the silent type not one to be overly talkative or active... It must have been malic that got Sam killed...

Okay here's the thing its not Jet because he would have killed me... Any suggestions?

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Jetthebinturong

Oh for Eru's sake, have we still not found anyone???

How many people have to die?

Oh and Sandpaw, I'm pretty sure if I was a mafioso (which I'm not) then I would have enough sense to avoid killing the person accusing me because that would instantly put suspicion on me.

There, no member of the mafia would have said that

LT Sandpaw

Is it a bluff... Or a double bluff... Either way its not rrrr or you (as of right now) so its one of these choices.

1. Banya (Most likely)
2. Jett (Second most likely)
3. Soren
4. Mhera
5. Gnoff

I'm leaning towards Banya myself ;)

Banya

Sky, that was really good writing.  It was kind of creepy, as it's supposed to be.

A few thoughts on this development:  We know that Gonff, Jet, and myself were alone when the murder took place.  Sandpaw is completely unaccounted for, so I'm inclined to believe he was alone during the murder as well.  Mhera and Plugg were together with Soren; who knows if they might have left.  Of Plugg and Mhera, I think one might either be the nurse or the sheriff.  I don't suspect Soren at all.

Finally, I'm inclined to agree with Jet here, Sandpaw.  If he had killed you, it would have been obvious that he is the Mafia.  Granted, he'd already thought of that, so not killing you directly (instead, having you voted out of the community) may be his way of eliminating you without drawing attention to himself.
I'm not sure whether to trust Sandpaw's delayed entrance into the game or Jet's eager involvement.  
Also, I'm touched by the thought that you would consider me malicious enough.
;)

LT Sandpaw

Your welcome ;)... I think...

Gonff the Mousethief

Oh My... Sam... You had just left, and now, you are not returning... Woah...

Ok, I am still going for Jet here. My only reasoning is for taking out the easy target first, than going in. Plus, it might be SaLT and Jet for his sudden change in opinion.

Oh, and Sky, great story!
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Skyblade

OOC: Thank you, Banya and Gonff. I appreciate that very much :)

To everyone, remember to keep your options open.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Jetthebinturong

Sandpaw and I can't BOTH be mafia, because he accused me of being a member when mafia already know who each other are. One of us might be, but not both. I'm not a mafioso. Once more I am abstaining but I'm leaning towards Gonff. It's nothing personal it's just that NO ONE ELSE IS POSTING

LT Sandpaw

it is strange that Banya and Gnoff are the only other two posting... Soren seems to have disappeared and Mhera hasn't posted on the Mafia much...

Søren

I think it's Banya, because she was the only one alone, and while I could vote Jet, I think he's the Sharrif.

I'm retired from the forum

Banya

Gonff, Jet, and myself were all supposedly by ourselves at the time of the murder.  Sand and rrrrr were together, but we all know rrrrr is a regular citizen.  I have an idea of who a Mafia member is, but it's not someone voted for yet.  I'm still maintaining the belief that there is a Mafia member who isn't posting, and I wish the others would participate instead of simply offering their vote.

Søren

Oh, it says "Their own dorms". I missed that word. Speed reading isn't such a great idea. But I still think it could be you Banya.

I'm retired from the forum

Banya

From the storyline, I get that, Soren.  I think I know who a Mafia member is, but since it's too late to vote for them, I'm not going to say.  I have a feeling that if I'm not voted out, I'm going to get killed off in this next round.  I'm preparing myself because this game actually causes me an absurd amount of stress.  Anyway, it's been a fun run.  I'm glad to have made it this far.  I'm also glad Sky played with the storyline the way she did, making me a leader within the community and making it look like I could be a killer; it makes the normally boring role of townsperson much more interesting.  I hope I go out in style.

I promise you, Jet is not the Sheriff.