News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

[RECIPE] Honey Scones

Started by Wylder Treejumper, May 15, 2015, 01:21:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wylder Treejumper

From The Redwall Kitchen

Honey Scones

Ingredients:
-1 3/4 cups flour
-2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
-Sugar
-1/2 teaspoon salt
-6 tablespoons butter
-2 eggs
-1/3 cup milk
-1/4 cup honey

Directions:
You will need about 40 minutes.
Preheat oven to 425F. Grease large cookie sheet. In medium bowl, with fork, mix flour, baking powder, 1 tablespoon sugar, and the salt. With pastry blender or two knives used scissors-fashion, blend in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In cup, with fork, beat eggs; reserve 1 tablespoon. YOU WILL NEED THIS TABLESPOON OF EGG LATER ON. stir milk into the remaining beaten eggs, stir egg mixture into flour mixture until well mixed. -Turn dough onto lightly floured surface; with floured rolling pin, lightly roll dough 1/2" thick. With knife, cut dough into 3-inch squares; cut each square diagonally into two triangles. With pancake turner, or spatula, place triangles 1 inch apart on cookie sheet. Brush with reserved egg and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons sugar. Bake 10-15 minutes until golden. When the scones are finished cooking, yet still relatively warm, brush the top with a thin glaze of honey. Makes about 10-12 scones.

This recipe donated by Teaselpaw
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Alyssa

cooked buns according to your recipe, sprinkled with coconut chips, mmm ::)

Nadaz, voice of the host

Thanks, I'm sure I'll be trying this very soon! Also thanks for reviving the recipes board.
It matters not what you fight, but what you fight for.

jolinemelina

Thanks for the recipe.I enjoyed the honey scones.