News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Foreign Intrusion

Started by The Skarzs, May 21, 2015, 05:28:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Skarzs

Vrungin didn't turn to Regan as he spoke. "Who knows for sure? From what I've gathered from the creatures who have joined us, there is a great red fortress along this road. They say it is a place where confused creatures go to hide from this broken land; I only hope we can help them become better, stronger." He didn't mention the fact that many of the vermin groups who had joined him were part of the reason creatures hid in Redwall. If his plans were to succeed, he would need as much cooperation as possible, even if it be through ignorance.
 He was about to go on when a strange cougar in the path before him aroused Vrungin's attention, and he strode up to the cat boldly. "Good day, sir cougar. Surely a creature of your size must realize how easy it can be to hide something of smaller stature? To answer your question, we are a group of creatures intent on helping to unify this ailing land. . . though some have been troublesome." He rubbed the worn head of his iron cane.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Colonel Sharpeye walked beside Commander Karn, the two officers conversing.
 "So, this Vrungin chap. . . he's a criminal?"
 The cougar gritted his teeth. "Puh, war criminal, tyrant, attempted-usurper, they all fit him. He is responsible for hundreds of deaths in the Barkhills, though I must be grateful it is far fewer than what was lost in the Great War. Where is this road you speak of?"
 Sharpeye waved a paw north and east. "That way a ways, wot? We'll head south from there, and we should reach the jolly ol' Redwall Abbey. Have you ever had the mole's pie?"
 "Does it have meat?"
 The hare nearly fell over as he stumbled. "I beg your pardon, sah! No self-respecting beast would ever eat the flesh of another creature!"
 "Ah, you're one of those. . ." Karn sighed. "Well, this is a land far from the Barkhills, so your morals may be different, but to summarize, any species of creature that has no speech, among other things, is safe to eat."
 The cat ignored the hare muttering something under his breath, instead turning his attention ahead. "When will we be close?"
 "Ahem! Well, there should be a right old three-topped maple around here somewhere, and we should be near the path. Of course, what with the leaves gone now, it'll be harder and- By hell's gates!" Sharpeye leapt back from the bones of a vole crunching beneath his footpaws, shaking them off violently. "Hotrightbellyjumpingsnotlinedgrubflack!"
 Karn bent down and examined the bones, poking them with his axe, before rising and turning to the hare and their force. "Let us move on; if this isn't any more of an urge, than the threat Vrungin poses should."
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Lady Ashenwyte

Eying the wolf, "Well, another beast who thinks he can unify the land. Unless thou art Vrungin the destroyer, as I call him, you have no hope in succeeding. And now, who art thou, and why do thee and thy band march to Redwall?" Henri asked, oblivious to the wolf's real identity.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Unimaginative

"Altuth Harjinsson. Some beasts call me 'the Wild'. I donnae think you'll need to find why, though." The otter said, shaking Stashi's paw. As they reached the clearing, Aututh threw over the sack of food. "Help yerself to anything that ye want from the bag."
"Once built a steamboat in a meadow
Cos I'd forgotten how to sail" - The Gardener , The Tallest Man on Earth

Eulaliaaa!

Stashi started eating, eyeing the otter, "Tis a pleasure to meet ye, Altuth. Tell me, which way are ye headed, matey? I'm on my way to Redhall Abbey, er, Redbrick, I mean... that famous Abbey... er, Redwall, aye, that's it. I've heard their food is to die for, an' I'm hoping I can get some of it. 'Ave ye ever had any of their food?" She asked.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Unimaginative

"If'n I have, I didn't know it." Said Altuth with a grin, helping himself to some berries from the bag. "I've been living here a fair number of seasons now, I've seen the Abbey, though I've never been within. Perhaps we should visit together, and liberate some 'o the food there, eh? 'Course, they may nae take kindly to an armed fox showing up at their door."

Eulaliaaa!

Stashi nodded in agreement, "Aye, they probably wouldn't. Maybe ye can 'elp me with that? I'd best get goin' soon, though I'm not too sure about 'ow to find the place." She answered, picking up her bag and standing up, glancing around.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Ashleg

Regan nodded, seeming hesitant once Vrungin started conversing with the cougar.
The female badger bit her lip.
He guessed his name!

Unimaginative

"It's off in that direction, somewhere." Said Altuth airily, waving his paw. "I'd be more than happy to help yew get into the abbey, though, if'n the food is good as you've implied it is."

Hickory

Named had walked a fair distance before coming upon the area that Altuth and Stashi had met. He glanced at the tracks, noting the direction they had gone. Across the stream, he thought. He retreated back into the cover of the trees.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Eulaliaaa!

Stashi gave a slight nod, "I'd appreciate that, matey. I've never 'ad their food, but I know it's good." She said as she began walking in the direction of Redwall Abbey

OOC: how far is Redwall Abbey? Would it take a few days or a few hours?

Unimaginative

OOC: If we assume we are near the quarry, probably about a half day with a quick pace, or a full day at an average pace. However, they probably wouldn't move very fast because of Altuth's limp.
Map of Mossflower
[close]

Altuth limped after Stashi, stumbling every once in awhile. "We'd best be careful, though. There's been some odd beasts in the area lately. Seem to be from some foreign land. I've seen beasts like them before."

Eulaliaaa!

Stashi slowed down for Altuth, "Odd beasts? I've 'eard of strange beasts travelin' through the land, but I'm not sure what that means. Maybe that Redwall place'll tell us somethin' 'bout that." She said.

OOC: ok, maybe the next day we could be there near the afternoon. If everyone wants to, we could do a time jump...

The Skarzs

OOC: I'm here for that. :P In a little bit we'll to a time-skip.

BIC: "I am sometimes called Frate Fragos," Vrungin said with a smile, though the nickname was not necessarily something of good value in the Barkhills. "This Redwall you speak of, what is it? You may be able to tell we are not from this land."
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Faiyloe

Phane peered threw the foliage at the strange company on the road. They halted quite near to where the hid when a cat of the kind Pane had never seen before stepped from the trees and confronted them. She wondered how she had not noticed him before, a beast so large was not an easy thing to hide. The dust began to settle and breeze picked up and blew it to the fields and plains. She licked her lips and strained her ear to hear what was said. She nudged her brother and whispered. "Is that there a wolf? A real wolf! Whys he got all those woodlanders with him?"

"Shh..." He said giving her s alight push which turned out to be more of a shove.

"Watch et," She squeaked but was soon over it. She was fascinated by the odd assembly. "Is that really a real life wolf, like in the stories?"

"Sure looks like it... Wolves have always been bad in the stories though,"  

"Then why do you think he has all those woodlands with him? they're not slaves are they?... they don't look it,"
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Skyblade

OOC: I hope you don't mind if I RP the abbess just a little, Skarzs. Let me know if otherwise.

IC: As the beasts of Redwall ate their meal, a warrior was sitting at Abbess' Hhenf's immediate right. She was not the warrior of the Abbey (at least, not officially); she did not carry Martin's fabled sword. However, she had grown to fight and expect it often. The squirrel considered herself a type of warrior - albeit a somewhat strange one.

Flare Redtail's bold, red fur stood out prominently as she dug in to the otters' hotroot soup (a delicacy she favored). With persistence, she had convinced the abbess to let her carry her sling and dirk with her at all times.

"This is a place of peace," Abbess Hhenf used to sigh every now and then when she passed Flare in the hallways.

"That I acknowledge. But danger and enemies can fall anywhere, even a place of peace," Flare had argued. "Trust me."

It had taken some trust, but eventually Flare had won it. She had been at the Abbey for quite a few seasons now, serving as a guard for those who lived in there.

Back in the present time, Flare turned to Abbess Hhenf, who was about finished with her meal. "How is everything going? Nothing too out of the usual?"

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!