News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Foreign Intrusion

Started by The Skarzs, May 21, 2015, 05:28:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LT Sandpaw

The shrew chieftain considered Vrungin's words, analyzing each carefully. A shrews natural instinct was to argue, and play on words were they're kinds strong point. However Bruffa also had another strong point, the reason why he was chief of the Guosim wasn't because he was the best arguer or fighter, but because he had a vision for the tribe's future. One he was willing to do anything to complete, and in a way that made him the strongest, fastest, and smartest shrew resting there by the river. Vrungin's choice words brought that passion for changing the world back into Bruffa's spirit. The shrew leader could have cheered if it wasn't below his standing to do so.

"Gromma get th' cooks to light a few cookin' fires n' bring the boat crews back in. I want a good breakfast something worth eating. Oh an' tell Nakkt to get 'is tail here." Bruffa shouted over his shoulder before turning back to Vrungin.
"Comrade yer th' first beast I've ever heard to speak like that. An' I've had me share of thick headed brutes who can't see past their noses. You n' I might 'ave more n' common then outward appearances would suggest. Ye must stay. An' Yer creatures are welcome to share our vittles. We need to discuss this, unification an' curing. Solving world problems is something I've always wanted to do. So by all means, continue talking. How would ye go about cleansing Mossflower?"

As Logalog spoke Nakkt jogged over, staring suspiciously at Vrungin. The shrew hesitated for a moment before silently taking a seat next to his father.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Faiyloe

Phane and Pharanuse had made themselves comfortable at the abbey, Phane had already been to the kitchens and shooed out by a contemptuous friar.

"But I didn't do anythin'" She complained as they walked through the orchard.

"I think your reputation proceeds you. Last time you were here you destroyed his great abbey cake and caused him to burn three pies," Pharanuse said walking with his hands in his pockets.

"But that wasn't my fault, I was just enthusiastic that's all," she said turning and skipping backwards in font of him before running into a tree.

"A little to enthusiastic," He said chuckling as he helped her up, "You need to watch where your going," But Phane wasn't listening.

"Nena!" She shouted as she darted into the open arms of her old friend.
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Eulaliaaa!

Stashi slowly stepped out of the shadows where she had been eavesdropping on the conversation between Henff and Karn. She nervously chewed on one of her claws as she made her way to the kitchens and found the abbess, "Er..." she started, still gnawing on a claw, "Er, yer Majesty, I were, uh, wonderin'... an' thinkin'. Er, I couldn't 'elp but, er, hear wot you 'n the cat was sayin'. I, er, I were jus' walkin' by an' I heard you a sayin' stuff 'bout, er, the fightin'. An' I were, uh, thinkin'.... Mebbe I can help yer," she kept chewing on her claw, avoiding eye contact and staring at the ground as she lightly kicked it.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

The Skarzs

Henff cocked her head slightly as she held a platter with Flare's and her own tea and biscuits. "Oh? Well. . . If you like, feel free to take a mug and follow me. Flare and I will be having tea in Cavern Hole."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vrungin smiled and nodded at Nakkt's arrival before turning his attention back to the Log-a-log. "Long ago in my land, there was a war fought over the creatures that some believed to be weak and useless, but they proved to be a strong opponent, and now all creatures are free. But with freedom comes the illusion of 'freedom', the ability to do anything one pleases. I see something similar here. In this land, Mossflower, there are two types of creatures: the so-called goodbeasts, who believe everything they do is for the right, and they sometimes oppress the other sect, the 'vermin', who are more crude and. . . war like, so to speak." The wolf leaned forward again. "What I intend to do, is to form this land into a place where creatures are not separated by their species, these two groups. I have seen ferrets save children from fires, and squirrels kill birds just for trespassing into their tree. Anybeast unwilling to accept that this foolish idea of 'good' and 'bad' beasts will be. . ." He stopped for a moment. "They must accept it."
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Dannflower Reguba

OOC: Finally got in, sorry for being gone so long! BIC:

Phlame had gotten board waiting around at the Abbey, so he followed the scent of Vrungin's horde. One he'd grown accustomed to following these past few days. Having gone so long without any sort of excitement had made him so irritable he'd almost walked in on the meeting. Thankfully, He caught himself just as the two leaders started to talk. Shortly after he was situated not too far off in the branches above. Many exchanges occurred, but the squirrel simply sat listening to the conversation mixed with the sharpening of a couple of his more recently used knives. He'd practiced patience (hard as it was for himself), but Vrungin's stutter was too much for him to handle, "Ya know Vrungin' most minds I've met are pretty closed to dictators, 'specially when they like to murder the uh.... innocents? I think that's the word... Whoa, I just realized, aren't these shrews friends with all the big 'ole hares you killed at the mountain? I'm really gettin' confused with your tactics mister "ah got exiled sort of," first you make some friends, then ya kill 'em? Now don't get me wrong, I understand the friend part, and I understand the killin' part, but when'd the two mix? Oh, and you didn't finish your last sentence, I can help with that one though." There was a brief rustling as Phlame's head popped out under the foliage, no more than 20 yards away. Part of the upside down squirrel's facial expression seemed as aloof as his statement would suggest, but there was another part of it that screamed cheeky mischief to high heaven with it's twisted grin, "What e' means to say is, "anybeast that won't accept blah blah blah gets the hatchet... and the spear, and the sword too probably, but not until they've gotten the hatchet twice.... Oh, he won't take their head though, not first at least, no screamin' otherwise, makes such a racket it'd give yer mother a heart attack."
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Lady Ashenwyte

Henri had not wasted his time at the Infirmary, reading ancient texts of war and strategy. He had just read about how to destroy an army with lighting fast attacks, when a realisation hit him. He got up, to the protests of a Sister, and hobbled to Cavern Hole.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

LT Sandpaw

OOC: Starting just a little bit before Dan's post.

BIC:

He should have expected this really, it wasn't as if the wolf was willing to give away everything. Still it was surprisingly tame for such a large creature. But Logalog wasn't one to give in so lightly, when he wanted answers he could usually wring it out of some creature's tongue, even if said tongue was the size of his forearm. Opening his mouth to make his statement he was cut off by Nakkt whose suspicions came forward in a burst of outrage.

"Illusion o' freedom! They must accept it! Separation of species!" The young shrew yelled the skin under his fur turning slightly purple. "What are ye jabbering about? Somebeasts will resist never mind wot yer end goals are, whether they are fer the greater good or no. Wot if'n they don't accept, huh, wot then?"

"Nakkt!" Bruffa felt the fur along his back stiffen in outrage. "Ye were brought to listen not to speak. Aye, so hold yer tongue. Ye could learn somethin' form Vrungin. Like manners." He turned back to the wolf shaking his head. "In youth all shrews are hotheads. Though me son does 'ave a point. T'was rather ominous how ye said some o' that." He broke off as Phlame said his piece. Eyes narrowing contemptuously the shrew glanced from squirrel to wolf his tone low.

"Now ain't that a buzzer o' info. Could o' course judgen' by yon squirrel's appearance..." Logalog left the statement unsaid, even so his paw strayed towards the rapier at his hip.

The Skarzs

Blast that idiotic stowaway, always there when he didn't want him to be. Vrungin stood up and pointed with his cane. "Guthar, get rid of that infernal squirrel!"
  The cougar hefted a stone the size of his paw and threw it directly at Phlame, though he would probably dodge it. Vrungin didn't wait to see, but turned to the shrews. "Reckless and hot-headed or not, your son is part of the problem. I don't want to do any killing, but sometimes, for the greater good, some must be done."
  Vrungin looked at Bruffa straight in the eyes, while watching the rest of the Guosim out of his peripheral vision. "Something tells me we may be done talking."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Commander Karn walked across the lawns through the midst of his troops who were resting about in a group. Many Redwallers were nearby, whispering and looking at the foreigners, and very few dared speak to any of them, especially the ferrets and weasels. The small number of Barkhillian mice who had come with the commander had managed to make themselves acquainted with some maids, but that was probably the extent of the socialization.
  "Look at them. They're scared of us, Colonel."
  Colonel Sharpeye was walking beside the cougar, and he looked at the Redwallers. "Perhaps, ol' boy, but they'll warm up eventually, wot? I can do my best to set an example, but in the end I think it'll just take some bally time."
  "Time which we may not have!" Karn sighed and stopped walking. "I don't know what Vrungin is planning next, but one thing for certain is that he is not done with this, eh, (what did they call it?) abbey. This place, these creatures. . ." He waved a paw. "They don't deserve his trouble, but it's going to happen. And we need their help if they want to stay free."
  The two stood in silence for a few moments before Sharpeye spoke again. "Well then, you'd better start gaining their trust, wot?"
  "I beg your pardon?"
  The hare winked at Karn before jabbing him in the side. "You jolly well heard me. Get yourself out of that armor and start talking to some abbey beasts."
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

LT Sandpaw

As the stone flew through the air towards Phlame Logalog Bruffa leapt to his footpaws sword in his paw. All around the shrews who had just started relaxing stood as well, a few holding their weapons at the ready. Bruffa locked eyes with the wolf not looking away or flinching.

"I thought ye were different wolf. Yon squirrel made his point clear yet he had no proof. Ye jus' proved it for him with th' actions o' a vermin. Ye cannot jus' kill beasts cause they disagree wit' ye." The shrew paused rapier held loosely in his paw staring at Vrungin, slowly the shrew chieftain's eyes softened and he lowered his blade. "Go, an' don' come back Vrungin. An' don' try nothin' to no beast here n' Mossflower. Take yer ideas to another place. Mayhap we can see eye ta eye on something's, but I cannot justify killing beasts for disagreeing. We may meet again, aye under different circumstances, good or not. Jus' know somethin' Vrungin. Find beasts worth fightin' an' don' make enemies wit' th' wrong creatures. Th' Guosim know these woodlands well. Good luck."

Bruffa honestly meant his last words. he could not deny that Vrungin's ideas had made sense to him. But he couldn't risk his tribe's welfare working with such a creature. He had no wish to throw away lives and had offered the wolf a peaceful way out of the situation. Though something inside still urged him to join Vrungin's cause. To unite not just the wandering shrews but all of Mossflower for a common cause. Yet Vrungin clearly did not have what it took to unify all of the creatures of Mossflower. At least without bloodshed. And Bruffa, he smirked wirily at the thought, didn't think anybeast could.

The Skarzs

"Who are you calling vermin, shrew?" Guthar folded his arms. "In my opinion, you're more like a rat than I am."
  "Enough, Guthar." Vrungin did not let his eyes leave Bruffa. "He has made his decision. We will meet again, Log-a-log Bruffa, but I will decide when that meeting shall be." The wolf turned his back on the shrews and walked off into the forest, Guthar following behind shortly.
  "It was wise not to attack, Bruffa," the wolf called back. "Bowbeasts! We're done here." Several squirrels dropped down from the trees, along with others standing up from the bushes, all of them holding relaxed bows, only to follow their leader wordlessly. Vrungin smiled at his insurance; it was satisfying to know when you were prepared for anything.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Dannflower Reguba

"Whoopsie-daisy!" The stone flew past Phlame a mere half of a second after he pulled himself back into the tree... Though the Maple behind him now had a rather permanent looking rocky ornament planted in it. After the short altercation between the two ended in yet another boring parting, he dropped out of the tree with a sigh, "Well now, ain't that just peachy." His voice carried said hint of boredom, but his hand carried a newly bloodied knife... A little going-away present to the one beast still sitting in the trees. It was only now the squirrel realized he was still holding it, "Lack-a-day, where are my manners?" Promptly cleaning his blade and putting it away he spoke again, "Hope you aren't too turned away by the first wolf ye met, cause the second's goin' to be hangin' around the fair old Abbey... I'm assuming that'd be your destination? Being this close an' all."

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Eulaliaaa!

Stashi left off gnawing on her claw, then picked up a mug and held it awkwardly, "Er, tea. Aye, that sounds wunnerful," as they passed through the kitchens, Stashi glanced over at one of the assistants and whispered, "Wot's tea, matey?"

The squirrel quickly turned away, ignoring her and continuing with his work. Stashi hesitated, then followed Henff.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

LT Sandpaw

OOC: Phlame is talking to Logalog right?

BIC:

A bitter taste filled Bruffa's mouth as he watched the squirrels descend from the trees. It had never occurred to the shrew that Vrungin might actually have woodlander fighters amongst his soldiers. He hadn't even glanced once up towards the forest tops thinking most of the possible enemy would be hidden amongst the roots. Thinking about how close he came to having his shrew's annihilated Logalog sheathed his rapier as Nakkt coughed pointedly.

"Ye were outsmarted, that don' happen often father."

"Aye, I should never underestimate Vrungin again, nor his creatures. We're lucky to be alive, I dread th' day, if it ever comes, that we meet him on th' field o' battle." Logalog shuddered thinking of how many shrews would die in a single swing of those large creatures. "We ought to leave." He spun about half drawing his sword when somebeast spoke behind him, but the shrew relaxed crossing his paws angrily listening to Phlame, a slightly irritated look on his face.

"Ah no," Logalog sniffed, "Redwall can take care o' itself. For th' time being anyway. I doubt th' wolf will attack a place like that. Tis their policy to be kind to all beasts, kinda like wot he wants after all. No my concern tis warning all o' th' lands. Though I shall certainly warn Redwall of his presence." He waved to a few shrews. "Nakkt, take two wit' ye an' go to Redwall. Ye know wot to tell em. Groffa brother, take a tracker an' go n' trail th' wolf. Do yer best not to get caught." A small weedy looking shrew nodded slipping off into the scraggily furred mass. "Rest o' ye. Get to th' logboats."

A loud whoop rose up from the shrews as they raced to the boats. Bruffa turned his eyes on the black squirrel raising one eyebrow. "Coming with squirrel?"

Dannflower Reguba

Phlame chuckled under his breath, "And miss what's about to go down 'ere? Not a chance! I guess it'd only be fair to tell ye Vrungin fully intends to take control of the Abbey... E's not as nice as he's got you thinkin' e' is... Heh heh, but whadda I know?" The squirrel's slow spreading smile carried a darkness that he was rather well known for back "home". Even so, he was already turning around and walking back towards the Abbey.. Or Vrungin's horde, it was tough to decide seeing as neither was doing anything particularly intriguing, "Ah'm just a crazy squirrel that wants to watch the world burn.... Good day shrew!"