News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

First Person Shooters

Started by Hickory, July 29, 2015, 04:33:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hickory

I decided to make a thread dedicated to FPS.

I don't want any arguing over the "best" FOS, they are all equal and this is a discussion thread.

I'll include a few quotes from each franchise, please don't say stuff like "Really? You picked that quote?"

Halo

"Don't make a girl a promise, if you know you can't keep it."

-Cortana

"Sir, permission to leave the station."
"For what purpose?"
"To give the Covenant back their bomb."
-Master Chief and Lord Hood

Call of Duty

"Right...what the hell kind of name is "Soap", eh? How'd a muppet like you pass selection?"
— Captain Price's first words to John "Soap" MacTavish.

"Good news first, the world's in great shape. We've got a civil war in Russia, government loyalists against ultranationalists rebels, and 15,000 nukes at stake."
–Gaz

Portal

"Momentum, a function of mass and velocity, is conserved between portals. In layman's terms, speedy thing goes in, speedy thing comes out."
-GLaDOS

Crysis

"This isn't a war ordinary humans can win! This is the future - death's an inconvenience now, nothing more. We are all dead man walking."
–Jacob Hargreave

I know that I didn't get near all the popular games, but it's a start. Feel free to post more quotes and facts, whatever. Just no third person stuff, sorry. The Last of Us does not belong here.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Gonff the Mousethief

I don't play many first person shooters, but I am so dadgum excited for the new Star Wars Battlefront. I mean, who wouldn't like to battle and fly on Hoth?
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Hickory

So true. I'm saving up for an Xbox.

Wait, wait. Playstation 4, I meant. Although I could play Halo on Xbox... but there's also Battlefield for PS.

The Skarzs

Halo 2

"Well whadya know. . . For a rock, he flew pretty good!" ~Sgt. Johnson.

"Wort wort wort!" ~The Elites.

Fact about the Elites' "wort wort wort" from the games; it was originally the audio of Sgt. Johnson saying "Go go go!" played backwards.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jetthebinturong

I wouldn't call Portal an FPS, it's a puzzle game.

"Please note that we have added a consequence for failure. Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official testing record, followed by death." ~ GlaDOS
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Hickory

Some of Sgt. Johnson's best quotes are in Halo 2.

"When I was in the regiment, we didn't have any fancy schmancy tanks! We had stick! Two sticks, and a rock! And we had to share to rock!"

"Thanks for the tank. He never het's me anything."

"Oh, I know what the ladies like."

But this is my favorite.

"It just says, 'Regret, Regret, Regret.' Catchy. I wonder what it means?"

"Dear Humanity: We regret coming to Earth. We regret being alien [dogs]. We regret that the corp just blew up our raggedy-[butt] fleet! OORAH!"

Whenever he says stuff like that, I just go, "Awwww yeah. Go Sgt. Johnson."

SoranMBane

"I believe that one person can make... or break... a nation." ~ The Courier, Fallout: New Vegas - Lonesome Road

I love New Vegas so much, it's one of my favourite games. I recently started my "murder literally everything that breathes" playthrough, and it has been ridiculously fun so far (especially since the oblivious Bethesda AI has led to multiple NPCs sitting or sleeping inside the corpses of their murdered peers).

Eulaliaaa!

"I am the Voice of the Covenant!"
"And so you must be silenced."
- Halo 3
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Hickory

Quote from: The Skarzs on July 29, 2015, 05:13:29 PM
Halo 2

"Well whadya know. . . For a rock, he flew pretty good!" ~Sgt. Johnson.

"Wort wort wort!" ~The Elites.

Fact about the Elites' "wort wort wort" from the games; it was originally the audio of Sgt. Johnson saying "Go go go!" played backwards.

"Crazy fool! Why do you always jump? Some day you're gonna land on something as stubborn as you are, and I don't do bits and pieces."

I like the Elites. Pretty cool. (check out my profile pic)

The Skarzs

"Were it so easy. . ." ~Thel 'Vadamee, the Arbiter, Halo 3.
;)
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Eulaliaaa!

Reading all these Halo quotes suddenly makes me want to play Halo 3 again...
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Hickory

Quote from: The Skarzs on July 31, 2015, 11:01:33 PM
"Were it so easy. . ." ~Thel 'Vadamee, the Arbiter, Halo 3.
;)
I hate to be a nerd, but by Halo 3 he had left the Covenant and changed his surname to Vadam, to symbolize his departure.

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Lady Ashenwyte

I play medieval FPSs, particularly Chivalry: Medieval warfare.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Delthion

Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.