News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

First Person Shooters

Started by Hickory, July 29, 2015, 04:33:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gonff the Mousethief

I'm considering Brotherhood of Steel, but at the moment I am hooked with the Minutemen.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Hickory

BOS gives you T-60 power armor, you can fly around.... I sided with them. But the Minutemen are ok.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Delthion

So Gonff, how is Fallout 4? I wasn't really interested until I read this thread. Would you be willing to list the pros and cons?
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Gonff the Mousethief

@Sage: I'll inform Danse!

@Del: Oh, it's great. Here is the list:

Pros:

Overall story is interesting

Graphics seem very nice

World is full of stuff

Weapon and Settlement creation alone are amazing

It can really keep you engaged for hours

Cons:

Some people have reported glitches and bugs

CPUs and conversation seem to be lacking

Doesn't give clear instructions on how to use major functions in the game

You could feel overloaded with the amount of missions

Story gets bland in a few areas

So yeah, major pros, little cons. I could say it's like Skyrim with guns, but that would be an understatement.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Hickory

If you need any tips, just ask me. ;)

Rusvul

Disclaimer: I have not played Fallout 4, my information comes secondhand.

It's a Bethesda game, so it's really buggy on launch but has a massive world. The biggest complaints I've heard about it are that, one, it has very poor inventory management (there's a mod to fix it) and that it drops the classic Fallout roleplaying mechanics and chat options in favor of more basic communication and more of an FPS play style. If you like Fallout, you should probably buy it. If you don't, you should read reviews and watch gameplay videos.

@Ashenwyte: Vermintide looks cool, if a little more gory than I'm comfortable with. Not really sure it counts as an FPS, though, with its focus on melee.

Delthion

@Gonff, sounds great! But how is the language/gore/suggestive themes. I have never read the ratings Fallout 4 so I have no idea if any of these listed even exist! ;D

Never mind...Xbox One. I didn't know much about the game except what was mentioned on here. ;D
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Hickory

Quote from: Delthion on January 16, 2016, 12:22:08 AM
@Gonff, sounds great! But how is the language/gore/suggestive themes. I have never read the ratings Fallout 4 so I have no idea if any of these listed even exist! ;D

Never mind...Xbox One. I didn't know much about the game except what was mentioned on here. ;D
FO4 is rated M for mature... Here we go, the ESRB rating. "Blood and Gore, Intense Violence, Strong Language, Use of Drugs "

Lady Ashenwyte

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on January 15, 2016, 04:04:27 PM

It's a Bethesda game, so it's really buggy on launch but has a massive world. The biggest complaints I've heard about it are that, one, it has very poor inventory management (there's a mod to fix it) and that it drops the classic Fallout roleplaying mechanics and chat options in favor of more basic communication and more of an FPS play style. If you like Fallout, you should probably buy it. If you don't, you should read reviews and watch gameplay videos.

@Ashenwyte: Vermintide looks cool, if a little more gory than I'm comfortable with. Not really sure it counts as an FPS, though, with its focus on melee.

It plays like an FPS, so I'll classify it as such. There is probably a setting to reduce the gore, but it's part of the experience. (Keep in mind that I haven't played the game yet)
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Hickory

Quote from: Lord_Ashenwyte on January 16, 2016, 03:19:58 PM

It plays like an FPS, so I'll classify it as such. There is probably a setting to reduce the gore, but it's part of the experience. (Keep in mind that I haven't played the game yet)
There isn't a setting. But if you hate gore, then don't use V.A.T.S..

Lady Ashenwyte

Quote from: Sagetip, the hare on January 16, 2016, 05:07:19 PM
Quote from: Lord_Ashenwyte on January 16, 2016, 03:19:58 PM

There isn't a setting. But if you hate gore, then don't use V.A.T.S..

I was talking about Vermintide.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Hickory