News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Siege on the Mountain

Started by Cornflower MM, July 30, 2015, 11:30:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Amber

The thrill of another adventure rushed through Arrin's whole body all at once. Or at least that's what it felt like to him. He had visited the fire mountain before, Sala-something-or-other, but had never stayed long. But know he was going to get to help defend it! He knew he probably shouldn't be happy at the prospect of war, but it sounded sort of fun, as long as he didn't get hurt. Plus, he could use his bow against actual enemies, instead of practicing on trees and other objects. He couldn't wait!

Cornflower MM

OOC:. . . . . Did I forget to mention that the horde is approaching by ships, or did I miss something?

Eulaliaaa!

OOC: how close is the group to Mossflower or Salamandastron? Maple is at the edge of the forest, in view of the mountain, and I'd like for her to meet up with the group at some point. Or maybe when they get to Salamandastron she could come by later and try to take supplies, but gets caught then hears about the vermin and decides to help with the fight...
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Skyblade

Victrin the raccoon was at the front of his little party of beasts, alert as ever. He looked back every once in a while to make sure the other Redwallers were okay. Most of them weren't fighters like he was. They're going to need help.

Goodness, how quickly life changed. He had been a simple defender of the Abbey, and now he was off on some mission to save the one and only Salamandastron? It was certainly grand...but he hoped he was capable of the task.

Oh, of course I am! I'm Victrin! Accomplisher of many victories. This was a challenge, yes, but he had faced those before. This was just, well, a bigger challenge.

The young beast still felt nervous, but he tried to shake it off like a pesky bug on his fur. There was no need for that.

In the meantime, ever since he had met that blue fox...what was his name again? Oh yeah, Marshall. Ever since he had met Marshall, he had been wondering why that beast was wearing a hat of his own species. There's nothing as scary as seeing what could be your family member's tail as someone's clothing garment. Suddenly, he felt a stab of anxiety. Surely Marshall hadn't been from his same area? Darn, now that he thought of it, everything clicked! Victrin was from a land of strange beasts, and for crying out loud, Marshall was a fox with flippin' blue fur!

Maybe he was from the same area as Victrin. And that hat, oh dear goodness...maybe Marshall was his enemy. Maybe he had been one to kill his family. It was a far-fetched idea. It was also an idea that could be true.

Victrin slowed down and approached Marshall, who had suspiciously detached himself from the rest of the group. Stopping a bit of a distance from him and staying tense, the raccoon said, "Hey, 'scuse me. What's up with the hat?"

```

Meanwhile, another beast was walking in a different part of Mossflower Country, not too far from Salmandastron. She stayed a reasonable distance from the two hares who marched confidently in front of her. Unlike them, she didn't feel so self-assured.

The beast was a badger, young and strong. She was supposed to be noble and formidable, but that wasn't how she felt. Skyre was naught but a little traveler, but when the hares had come across her, they had immediately rushed off in a plea for help. Salamandastron was in danger. Salamandastron! Of all places, it needed help. Skyre had volunteered, though she wondered how much use she would be. She was a decent fighter and maybe she could do something, so perhaps. Seeing as how the hares were desperate, she had signed up.

It was a surprise to hear of Salmandastron in such peril, and even more of a surprise that Skyre the Blue had been chosen to aid it. The young badger had always wanted to go there, and it was hard to believe that she was about to get what she wanted. Fer once?

After all, Salmandastron was the place of her dreams. No, literally it was. She had had strange visions of the mountain stronghold - even predictions of its current state. She had felt moved and drawn to it. And now she could go; after many seasons of longing, she could finally go.

Skyre had always wanted to do something with her life. Maybe this was how.

```

OOC: Skyre doesn't come off as a Mary Sue, right?

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

LT Sandpaw

OOC: Yo Sage I'm fairly sure the horde is still out at sea, aboard a ship.

BIC:

Seven hares stood stiffly to attention on the western shores beyond the shadow of the mountain. The sun beat cruelly down on their necks making sweat drip into their eyes forcing them to squint. Any one of them would have given their left paw and arm just too wipe away the perspiration that tortured them endlessly. Highear the hare sergeant kept his eyes forward, he knew what came next, he simply had to wait.

One of the young hares couldn't stand it anymore and swiped at his nose and itching it quickly then dropping his paw thinking he had got away with movement.

"You are at the position of attention, recruit!" The roar was so close behind the young hare that he nearly jerked his head around to see who had shouted, remembering just in time not to. Presently Major Blackthorn stalked into view, his long legged stride soon had him in front of the culprit.

"Name and grade." The Major roared into the hares face. The recruit was armed with a fencing saber which he drew holding the weapon by the blade and presenting the hilt towards Blackthorn.

"Basic Patroller, Marendy Jackscut sah." Blackthorn took the sword from Marendy's paws inspecting the weapon.

"Rusty hilt Basic, you want to kill vermin wot?"

"Yessah!" Marendy shouted blinking back tears.

"Not with this you wont." With a flick of his paw the hare Major tossed the sword over his shoulder where it landed a few lengths away in the sand. Taking two steps to the left he stood in front of the hare on Marendy's right.

"Name and Grade!"

----------------------------

Casting a few more suspicious glances at any of the vermin that stood close by Sven lowered his voice so that only the two he was speaking to could hear.

"Yew two know I was a searat afore I joined 'ere roight?" Gimpy and Rotear both nodded. "Well, when I was sailin' the main with many a different cap'n I learned somtin' bout this 'ere mountain were goin' to attack."

"Wot was it Svenny?" Gimpy asked his voice barely a whisper.

"Shut yer gob an' let me talk. Where was I, oh roight, well accordin' to one o' me cap'n's there be treasure in the mountain. Badger stuff, mounds o' it, 'idden from everybeast else except the most trusty." Undisguised greed shone from his two lackey's eyes and Sven knew he had them well hooked.

"Well H'i don't think I could lug so much so I'm a'needin' two trusty shipmates ter 'elp me. Creatures that wont go blabbing ter no one see."

"We'll 'elp yer 'onest

"Dat w' will mucker, jus' say d'a word."

"Roight listen carful now, 'eres the plan."

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

rrrrr

BIC: "Land hooooooooo!!!", hollered an otter, as the pointy peak of Salamandastron came into view early in the morning, illuminated by the sun.

OOC: Who's also on my ship?

@Skye: For a badger, no.

Where are the vermin? Should I sail right through or come from another direction (southeast) while the vermin come from the northeast? I will add more to this post later (where should I dock?)
rrrrr.....

Ho arr, mateys, swimming is fun!

I had shrimp 'n' hotroot soup today.

Skyblade

OOC: Thanks, Rrrrr. And my character is with yours.

IC: Mystery turned her head, the wild grin still present, as she heard the cry of another otter. Rade!

"This is it, fellow!" she said with anticipation, trotting over to him. "We're here to save Salamandastron."

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Faiyloe

OOC: Yeah we are still on the ship.

BIC: Heather was leading Martha back to the mountain when a rapier landed point first in the sand not two paces from them. Martha jumped back and hugged Tibben close as he started to fidget. Heather pulled the weapon from the sand and call out indignantly. "With all due respect sah, watch where you throw that thing, you almost hit Martha and the baby."   
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Lady Ashenwyte

OOC: Are we doing a time skip of some sort? @Del: It's perfect!

Mia was walking on, hoping to encounter some other beast in this strange land. She squinted and strained her eyes, but to no avail. She gave a resigned sigh, and moved to continue on, but a tiny black dot of movement caught her attention. She smiled, there could be a bit of hope left for the mountain.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Delthion

OOC: I meant making your character do a few things.

Degloc grinned widely, telling all of the hordebeasts that were on the ship that some entertainment was right around the corner. "Good, I expected no less. Grab yer favorite weapon and report ta me when yer ready."
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Lady Ashenwyte

The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

LT Sandpaw

The hare being addressed by Blackthorn gave a slight sigh as the voice rang out. A few moments passed before the Major spoke.

"Bally well back to attention, quick-like Basic." The hare recruit snapped back to attention pulling his spear back unable to contain the small sigh of relief.

"Sergeant Highear continue where I left off wot." The Drill Sergeant did so with gusto eager to show off his time honored NCO command voice.

Leaving the tiny line of recruits Major Blackthorn made his way over to the two creatures looking them up and down. he then preformed a quick bow before straightening up again.

"My apologies marm," He said addressing the mouse Martha. "I will be more careful next time on my honor wot. Heather correct, right if you could spare a moment follow me. Excuse us Marm." Blackthorn spun around walking off to a more secluded area of the beach not even waiting to see if Heather had followed him.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Cornflower MM

OOC: @Skye: No, she doesn't really.
@Ash: When and why would we?
@R: I don't know where the vermin are at sea, that's up to Del - Just improvise! As for where you dock, on the beach in front of Salamandastron.
@Sandy: It's mid-spring - So, we're going to say that it's a rather hot day for spring to work with your post, yes?

Faiyloe

Heather was a bit surprised, She half expected him to bite her head off right then there but instead he was very courteous about the whole thing. Then he asked her to come with him to talk "in privet" (AKA not around the mother and baby) and she knew she was in for it. "You can head back by your self," She said to Martha before following smartly after Blackthrorn.

"I am always ready," Elya said and with a smooth lightning fast motion she drew her twin sabers and planted the ends in the deck a paw resting on the hilt of each blade. "dhe only question es, es my opponent ready," Elya had done a hit mans job before, eliminating beasts that the boss did not want. it was simple easier than frying a fish. 
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Eulaliaaa!

Quote from: Eulaliaaa! on August 01, 2015, 12:09:53 AM
OOC: how close is the group to Mossflower or Salamandastron? Maple is at the edge of the forest, in view of the mountain, and I'd like for her to meet up with the group at some point. Or maybe when they get to Salamandastron she could come by later and try to take supplies, but gets caught then hears about the vermin and decides to help with the fight...

*cough cough*
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.