News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Siege on the Mountain

Started by Cornflower MM, July 30, 2015, 11:30:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cornflower MM

OOC: Sorry, thought I'd answered that. Apparently not. Anyways, I had wanted all the groups (Because, you know, the original plan was to be a few groups of, at most, five people. But that somehow got tossed out the window.) to be within a day's trek of the mountain. So, the Redwaller group is. . . . WSe'll say half a day's walk, the Green Isle group is not far out at sea - Maybe an hour or two - my squirrels are half a day's walk, and Skyre is. . . . Almosty a day's walk. Dramatic late entrance an' all that, if Skye doesn't mind.

Eulaliaaa!

OOC: thank you  :) so, could Maple be following them to the mountain and trying to steal their supplies?
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Jukka the Sling

Lora eyed the raccoon of the group curiously.  She had never seen a raccoon before and was mildly curious as to what kind of creature it was, but she wasn't interested enough to ask.  The squirrel wasn't sociable enough to ask questions without good reason.
-------------------------
Bridget suddenly put her book down.  She wasn't sure what she could do to help yet (she felt that, no matter what, she'd never be any sort of fighter), but she felt she had to find out news of the Wearet.

She got up, went out of her room, and made her way down through the hallways.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Cornflower MM

OOC: Sure, why not? :)

BIC: Stalking ahead of his sister and the hare, Aiden tried to calm himself down. It won't do any good if we fight ourselves now. Let's just get to the mountain, deal with the Wearet, and leave. And if it takes a while, well, I'll just to keep a close watch on Arya.[/i[ He reasoned. Getting to the top of a dune, the squirrel turned around and sighed: the two following him were clearly not looking at each other, Arya had her paws crossed, and Kerpuffle and was marching quite stiffly. As he watched, Arya tripped and nearly fell on her face. The hare's eyes sparkled in amusement.

Gonff the Mousethief

Marshall was wiping his forehead when asked the question. The blue fox looked to the raccoon. Fear struck him as he saw the species of the beast infront of him and the one atop his head.
"Well, uh, back up in me home in the Highlands, we had battles 'n wars, and weel, the poor lad was a starter of some o' them. I slew him wid me axe, and look this 'ere hat as a trophy of sorts, the Highland way."
Marshall tensed up as it seemed as though he hated the kind.
"Now from the Racun's I knew, all were braw, hardy beasts, such as yourself. Love 'em really." Following this was a grin, hoping not to come off rude by any means.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

The Skarzs

A good ways south of Salamandastron found two cougars heading northwest toward some mountains, one of them a large, male specimen clad in armor and the other was a smaller female whose cloak billowed out behind her as she skipped around the other.
  "Yay! Mountains! It's been a while since we've seen mountains, hasn't it? Reminds me of back home!"
  The male raised a brow. "Elmeath, you lived in a valley most of your life; you didn't have much in the way of mountains."
  Elmeath waved her arms about as she walked behind him. "Yes, but when we visited Rakar a couple times we got to see them! The Barkstone was pretty- Speaking of which, watch that rock, Argunath; don't want you to trip!"
  The one called Argunath purposefully stepped on top of the small boulder in front of him. "Really, Elmeath, you should know by now that I can handle myself."
  "Yeah? What about that time with the boat; remember that? You were-"
  Argunath coughed loudly. "I make mistakes; needn't remind me of them all."
  Elmeath rolled her eyes and followed after her friend. Argunath couldn't help but smile at the other; she really did mean well, he was just a bit too serious sometimes. "I think we'll reach that mountain within a couple days, maybe less. How long do you think we shall stay there?"
  "Well, I don't know. Maybe they have some recipes and stuff we can take along with us for future use." Bounding ahead of Argunath, Elmeath wrapped her cloak around her shoulders dramatically. "Or maybe they'll have some nice clothes!"
  "Heh, I guess we'll see."
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Eulaliaaa!

OOC: cool

BIC: Maple watched the group from a distance. It looked as though they were traveling to Salamandastron, though she didn't know why. She pulled the hood of her cloak down lower over her eyes, squinting in the sunlight as she continued to follow them. Come nighttime, she would take what she needed from the group and leave. There were a few vermin in the group, which made little sense, so she would kill them while she was at it.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Hickory

OOC: Heh heh, whoops. Forget my other post.

BIC: Kef gazed toward the distant shore as she played with the dagger point. She was itching to get into battle, but could only wish for the ship to go faster. Darn wind. She sheathed the dagger as she turned to observe the rest of the crew.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Skyblade

OOC: Well-written post, Gonff ^^

IC: Victrin wasn't sure what to make of Marshall. It was a relief he had said he was from the Highlands and not a certain faraway forest; indeed, the blue fox even had the accent to support that claim. The chance that he was lying was pretty slim.

"Ahh, I see," Victrin said with a nod and slight smile. Stretching out his grin, he offered his right hand. "Sorry about that. It's just pretty scary to see your own species as someone else's hat, you know? My name's Victrin and I'm from Redwall. A tough defender I am!" He stood up straighter.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Lady Ashenwyte

OOC:@Corn: A time skip so that we can get to the mountain quicker.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Gonff the Mousethief

OOC: You much be lying...

BIC: Marshall shook the Raccoons paw, glad that he had not blown up with anger.
"Weel, I can see from me fair share o' fox pelts! Oh, and me names Marshall. A braw fighter y' seem at that! I think I've seen y' on me trips there o' few tims."
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Skyblade

Victrin laughed jovially and continued walking with the fox. "I think I've seen you too, must not have noticed the hat. So, Marshall, what do you think of this grand ol' mission? Saving Salamandastron! Who would've thought it?" His grin spread.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Lady Ashenwyte

Mia had stopped to rest under a rock, the heat being a bit much for her. She drew her sword and started sharpening it.

OOC: I have no idea what to do now.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

LT Sandpaw

Blackthorn stopped staring off at the mountain, two runners had just returned bringing with them a single hedgehog. The old hare coughed once then spun around so he was facing Heather.

"Wot you did jus' now 'ad some real audacity in it, some true spark n' guts. Most hare's would 'ave just ignored a mistake by a superior H'officer but you too kthe leap an' corrected me. AN' by the fur that touched on my honor wot, however I am not a foolish beast. You might be able t'tell we are low on leaders here, so I need real flippin' leadership material in command. Now I'm promoting you up a notch to sergeant. If you do you well you will stay there an' maybe even continue up, however need to know if your willing to accept the bloody responsibility?" All during his short speech Major Blackthorn hadn't batted a eye or moved, but now he moved to a more relaxed posture so as not to look imposing while Heather made her decision.

OOC: Hey Faiy I hope this is okay with you, if you don't want to be a sergeant you can have your character literally say no she isn't ready.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Faiyloe

OOC: Ready? Read! Absotootenlootly am I ready ! Oh I though for sure was about to get the worst telling off of me life wot, Of course I am ready! (Excuse the ooc hare speak XD)

BIC:

Heather had started out at attention but she quickly lost it when Blackthorn started to actually praise her and when he offered her a promotion she started to laugh out of shear relief and shock, "Oh by golly I though I was going to get the worst tellin' of me life, stead I get promoted, wot," She then  Snapped back to attention still grinning and said "I accept the responsibility gladly sah," 
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?