What's Happening?

Started by Skyblade, August 17, 2015, 02:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skyblade

Skyblade groaned. Why does my bed feel so uncomfortable and weird? It was rough and scratchy, wait...what?

She opened her eyes and recoiled when she saw blue sky. "What?" she burst out loud. And why did she feel so strange and different? She raised her hand and twitched in shock. Fur? White fur?? Her other hand was no exception. And why did it feel like she had a tail?

Sky shot up and saw white fur on her legs. She picked up her tail - it was bushy and had a black stripe. I'm a badger? She stood up, and a rapier sheath brushed her leg. All around her were trees and other plants, and birdsong reached her animal ears. Uh...I'm going to lose my mind...

"What's happening?" she said out loud, pinching herself multiple times. This, though...didn't feel like a dream. It was too bright, too vivid. It was simply too real. She gulped, and tears started forming in her eyes. "I'm sorry," she said. "I'm sorry God, I'm sorry everyone, whoever did this..." Her voice trailed off. If this is nothing, I'm making a fool of myself. She wiped her eyes with a scarred paw. "I like my life. Why is this happening to me?"

OOC: Remember, you're RPing as you ;) Try to be as true to yourself as possible. For instance, what I just wrote is basically how I would react if this really happened to me :P

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Delthion

OOC: How and where do we start?
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Skyblade

OOC: The same thing as me, waking up in Mossflower Woods. We should all be relatively close to each other.

Delthion

Delthion opened his eyes and saw leaves and branches where he had just a few hours ago, he saw a ceiling. He sat up quickly and regretted it, his head throbbed slightly, and it intensified at his abrupt movement. He felt a tail behind him and opened his eyes wide with wonder. I'm in Mossflower! I wonder what I am, let's see, it would seem that I am a mouse!
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Faiyloe

Faiy lay curled up in a ditch. Sunlight fell on her face and shone in her closed eyes and she stirred rolling over and trying to pull her blanket closer to herself but it wasn't there. She slowly opened one eye but what she saw made her close them again. I am dreaming and I will wake up in my own bed in a few minutes... But she wasn't... and she didn't. She opened her eyes again this time all the way and put her hand up to her face to shade her eyes from the sun. but it wasn't her hand it was a paw. Awesome! She thought. She then got up and climbed out of the ditch. Best lucid dream ever... wait if this is a lucid dream then that means I can fly. She tried to fly but only ended up bruising her knee on the dirt road. She looked around again and realized that she must be on the path to Redwall. "Time to find an Abbey," Faiyloe said starting down the path not really sure which direction the abbey was really in.
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Delthion

Delthion, after finding a path, remembered that even though all of the maps of the series change, Redwall is always east. He looked up and found that it was early morning, and started down the path to the easr, or at least the direction of the path that he thought would lead to the west singing. He walked for a while and then found that he had a sword and a four foot long walking stick! He instantly leaped forward with a wide grin and continued singing.

Faiyloe

OOC: the path would be going north and south... and Redwall is east of Sal... XP

BIC: Faiy stooped walking when she heard singing on the path behind her she turned around to see a mouse on the road. "Hey there... Do you by any chance know where Redwall is?"

Delthion

OOC: Yeah, you're right...I actually have east, west, north, south down more than I know left and right. But that time I got it wrong.

Eulaliaaa!

Eul tried ignoring whatever was scratching her cheek, listening to the peaceful bird song. She loved listening to the birds, they were always so beautiful. She loved birds, and had always wanted wings like them. What she wouldn't give to fly... She stretched, opening her eyes and hesitating. Wait..... what? Ummm, just a second. What?!

She jumped to her feet, only to stumble about looking like she was drunk. What the heck was happening? First of all, her eyesight was... unbelievable. She had never seen so clearly. Second of all, she felt different. She looked down, then sucked in a quick breath of air. That would explain a few things. Replacing her feet were... talons? She glanced behind her and kept herself from falling over in shock. Wings.

Spreading them, Eul gave a screech of joy. But it sounded off-key. Like a rusty door hinge. She was a hawk, she really was a hawk. Flapping her wings felt so natural, so satisfying. She looked up, the forest was thick here, so she would have to find a clearing somewhere around here. So she could fly. Grinning like an idiot, she waddled off through the forest in search of a clearing.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Delthion

Delthion stopped and looked at the squirrel and said. "Alas I don't I don't even know exactly where I am! I was seeing if this path would lead me to Redwall. From your question I would assume that you don't know where you are going either. This is an extremely strange sounding question, but where you taken from another world and deposited in Mossflower?"

LT Sandpaw

OOC: I decided to enter the RP with a bit more... energy.

BIC:

Where the others had come awake among peaceful and quiet woodlands Sandpaw found himself immediately besieged. One second he was sleeping soundly by a small stream under a willow tree and the next he was set upon by three large black birds. The crows gave him no time to think and they pecked and clawed with vicious vigor.

Sandpaw in the early stage of utter confusion fought them as best he could with furry hands and feet. Never before had he seen such large feathered crows but still he struggled gamely not willing to give to even these nightmare surprises. While protecting his head with one paw the young man now hare, reached out with the other finding a thick oak branch that had fallen nearby. Heaving it up, he smashed into the feathered bounce of one assailant placing the attacker out of the fight.

Cawing the cow hopped back while Sandpaw had the stick forcibly removed from his grasp by a sharp peck. Flapping its wings the stunned crow screeched into the heavens urging his companions on. "Kraaaw hefights, hefights, killet brothers then wefeast kraaaaw!" The two birds slashed at their nearly helpless prey with large beaks, Sandpaw could do little to stop them other than covering his head with both paws and kicking out with his new large feet.

For a long while the fight went on, though it was clear the hare would go under without aid. He struggled valiantly but with the large birds hemming in he stood little chance. They held him down while pecking furiously, the cries of their victim and the cawing from the birds vibrated throughout the local area a clear testament to the life or death struggle that was underway.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Lady Ashenwyte

OOC: Is it okay if I start near Salamandastron? I can always edit.

Ashenwyte felt comfortable, oddly comfortable. Mmm, this bed was good, but oddly grainy. He rubbed his eyes, and found them full of sand. He cursed a bit and examined his hand, which had seemed to have turned into a paw. Hmm. Well, what was he? He stood up, and examined himself. A badger, and with free robes and a staff too! What a deal! He examined the distance, and saw Salamandastron in the distance. He cracked a smile and walked towards it, humming a song along the way.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Jetthebinturong

One of Jet's eyes cracked open and he found himself staring up at a blue sky. He became aware that he was lying on something hard. He sat up and looked around. He was sitting in the middle of a path in a forest. He rubbed sleep from his eyes and was startled to see that his hand was a black-furred paw. He poked at the air above his head to find that he had pointed ears. "Ooh," he said "cool dream. I've always wanted to be a cat." He stood up and stretched. He became aware that two figures were walking down the path towards him.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Faiyloe

Faiy looked back at the mouse blankly for a moment... ok weird dream she thought and then snaped out of it saying "You could say that... I'm Faiyloe, my friends call me Faiy,"

Skyblade

OOC: It's fine, Ash. By the way, am I the only one who's actually freaking out? I would be shocked if you guys wouldn't have a strong reaction to waking up as a beast in Mossflower Country. That's mysteriously terrifying.

BIC: To make matters worse, the only name the teenager could think of was Skyblade. Hmm. That was her username on a Redwall forum, and she was a badger in what appeared to be Mossflower Woods. Could the two be connected?

Her scarred paws continued wiping away tears. Perhaps God was punishing her for always being on the forum instead of doing her work. What a horrible person she must be, then. She sniffed and started looking around. Anyway, she needed to get out of here. But-

The badger raised her head, her ears twitching. There was a commotion nearby. Swallowing and gathering whatever courage she had, she carefully pulled out her rapier and ran to the sound. She burst into a clearing and saw two large crows attacking a hare.

I hope this isn't the death of me, she thought as she rushed forward. "Eulaliaaaaaa!" She had always wanted to say that warcry...just not like this. She leaped at the nearest crow to thrust her sword in its chest or throat. The bird dodged back. Skyblade snarled at the birds. "Leave him alone, vermin!"

A scary thought occurred to her. If she died here, would she really be dead? She gritted her teeth, trying to present confidence. "Get away." She raised her rapier.