News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

What's Happening?

Started by Skyblade, August 17, 2015, 02:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jetthebinturong

OOC: Well I think I'm dreaming.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Faiyloe

OOC: Yeah same here, I have had some really weird and vivid dreams before, this is nothing in comparison to some. Most of them involving some one trying to kill me or other people getting killed or me almost getting killed. It has stopped bugging me... Like one time my friends where eaten up by a bunch of rabid baboons  while we where trying to hid from a homicidal maniac, and all I did was wince a little and move on...
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Eulaliaaa!

Eul had found a clearing and was flying, shrieking with laughter. This was so much better than she had thought. Some movement below caught her attention, and she heard someone yell Eulalia. Folding in her wings, she dove down and spread them at the last few seconds. Landing proved to be difficult, and she ended up flat on her face. Eul quickly regained her balance and looked around, "Somebody say my name?" She asked, thinking of herself so clever to quote Nutty Professor like that.
  Putting aside the jokes, she faced the crows, "I saw you attacking these creatures, what for?" She demanded. Oh these crows were big, and she was still getting used to her talons and beak (not to mention the wings), so maybe she could scare them away without having to fight.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

The Skarzs

The first thing he noticed was that he wasn't in the position he usually slept in. Opening his eyes slowly, he suddenly opened them up all the way in shock. He was looking not over the foot of his bed, or even the couch, but at the sandy dunes of some foreign land.
 "What?" he said groggily, blinking several times and rubbing his eyes. While they were still the leathery hands he was used to, they were almost more rough. Or was it. . . Fur? He was looking at the large, furred paws of some beast, though they had thumb-claws and articulation. He stared blankly at the limbs, gripping and releasing them; they were definitely his. And he was looking down overtop a stubby muzzle. It didn't impair his vision, which meant that perhaps this was a dream.
 Shaking his head, he tried to wake up. Sometimes just trying worked, sometimes it didn't. "Alright," he said aloud. "I'll pinch myself."
 By then he was getting a sickening feeling in his gut that something was really and truly off about this dream. He closed his eyes and pinched his leg.
 Nothing.
 Opening his eyes again, he wondered if he was now some sort of animal in his own world, to be hunted possibly or just watched by nature-lovers. But no, he was wearing a kilt of some tough gray material, as well as a shirt. This is just too weird, he thought, and pinched himself again, harder.
 Getting no neural feedback to wake up, his heartbeat began to quicken as he punched his leg, then his arm, then gripped his head which was beginning to hurt.
 "What is this?" His voice came as a hiss through his teeth, and he breathed faster and started looking around crazily. "What's happening? This is me. . . No, it can't be! What is this? What is this!"
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

LT Sandpaw

With angry calls the two crows ceased their attack staring the badger down, it was evident she was unsure of herself but her large size kept them from attacking. Sandpaw stirred slightly a low moan escaping his lips. For a few tense moments the crows glared back at the badger then with a crash a Red tail appeared. The crows had never seen such a bird though it was clear what it was. A hawk. Cawing they broke and fled into the air black feathers swirling in their panicky flight. The third crow was a bit slower on the uptake but soon realized he was alone. He left quickly unwilling to fight the two newcomers. For a few turns the furious crows lamented their lost catch and feast before winging off to search for an easier kill.

Sandpaw was still recovering, one of his ears were badly torn and a long scratch was bleeding freely on his forehead. With a groan he sat up and inspected the rest of his body moving each limb to check and see if it was broken. Besides a deep scratch on his right paw and a few other cuts he was fine. Though bruises and torn clothing were in much evidence.

Standing he had to immediately sit back down before he fell over, he felt lightheaded and groggy. Still he nodded to his two rescuers as a slow panic started to build in his chest. He was definitely not dreaming, unless dreams could make you feel as if one had gone through a meat grinder.

"Thanks, I need some help there, they caught me sleeping." He told them trying to stand again keeping panic at bay, though only just.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Delthion

OOC: If something like this happened I would like it and be rather care-free about everything else...like getting back.

BIC: Delthion's grin grew wider as he listened to Faiy. "Well isn't that a strange happening. I am Delthion! Do you know how you got here? I just woke up a little to the west of here."
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Eulaliaaa!

Eul turned to face the hare, "I've no idea how t'help you with 'at," she nodded towards all the cuts and scrapes he had recieved, "I'm... hm, all I can remember is my name's Eul. It's short for Eulalia."
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Cornflower MM

OOC: Thought I'd start somewhere kinda-sorta near Skar, if that's okay? For one thing, I have a feeling he'd be the only one to reason with me. :P

BIC: Corn rolled over, trying to bunch her feather pillow up again. "Stupid thing." She muttered, as to her irritation, it really wasn'd cooperating. Still with her eyes shut, she reach up, pawing the air, trying to grab her clock to see what time it was. Feeling nothing but air, she opened her eyes. . . . And saw sand dunes. "What the-?!" She exclaimed, sitting up again. "Yeah, onot happening." She decided, and went to slap her leg, only to see a very furry leg. And a very furry paw in place of a hand. "Uh, no, no, no. This is a dream; I refuse to believe it is anything but." She said, standing up and planting her feet.

Closing her eyes again, Corn slowly counting to sixty."Siiiixty." She said, opening her eyes - Same rather blurry landscape. Looking down, Corn saw that she looked like a gray squirrel, wearing a tunic. There was a bow and arrows by her feet, and two dagger. "No!" She said loudly, taking a step back and almost tripping. Turning to look behind her, she screamed. There was a big, furry squirrel tail.

Faiyloe

Quote from: Delthion on August 17, 2015, 05:09:15 PM
OOC: If something like this happened I would like it and be rather care-free about everything else...like getting back.

BIC: Delthion's grin grew wider as he listened to Faiy. "Well isn't that a strange happening. I am Delthion! Do you know how you got here? I just woke up a little to the west of here."

"Del! Your here too! I woke up in the ditch not far back," Faiy said. She looked ahead an seeing the cat along the road she stopped short. "Wait... look up ahead," She said to Del. "there's some one along the road..."

James Gryphon

James was awakened by the unusual amount of light shining in his face. Given that he was in his own bedroom, he assumed that one of his parents was trying to wake him up, or else scouring around in his room for some unknown reason. This thought, along with everything else in his mind, disappeared when he opened his eyes.

The bed and blanket he had gone to sleep with were gone, as was the dresser, the ceiling, and everything else he recognized. Somehow he had been transported to what looked like a forest. This was more than a little confusing and alarming, since James knew he wasn't a heavy sleeper, and he couldn't imagine anybody could have so much as lifted his great bulk, much less transported him somewhere, without waking him up in the attempt.

He began to sit up, to look around, when suddenly he realized something was amiss. There was a large black thing where his chest should have been. He moved a hand to take it off, but instead of his hand, saw what looked like a black paw move in the same direction. He moved his fingers; large claws extended out of the paw. More than a little perplexed, James sat up, got a clear look at his body, and promptly fainted.

As soon as he came to, and had clawed himself (a little more enthusiastically than he meant to, drawing blood), James knew three things: firstly, he was in a completely unfamiliar forest at who-knows-where, stranded without clothing, running water, showers, toilets, or anything else worth having. Secondly, he seemed somehow to have been transformed into a cat. While he'd always been interested in experiencing life as a cat, he hadn't wanted or expected it to come under these bizarre circumstances -- or at all, for that matter. Briefly he wondered if God had finally gotten fed up with him as a person and carried out the transformation to punish him. And thirdly, he was still tired, and his new fur coat kept him just as comfortable and cozy as he had been in bed before. After he had investigated his surroundings and made sure there was no immediate danger, he felt he might try to go back to sleep.

He looked around. Cat vision, as he had expected, was very different from his own. His sight was no better or worse than it had been (being a badly near-sighted person), but things around him seemed to be happening more slowly. He was actually able to track a bug flying overhead, something he had never been able to do before. The world that he could make out seemed to be washed out; everything looked as though it was in pastel colors, with nothing as bright or as vibrant as it ought to be. He saw nothing red, orange or pink in sight. He had experimented with this before in graphic editors, but actually seeing the world that way was a little shocking. He noted appreciatively that his hearing was more sensitive now than it had ever been. Everything seemed clearer, in a way that was hard to explain. And his sense of smell, which had already seemed sensitive, was able to pick up everything. He smelled things which he had never noticed before. Perhaps exploring this natural world could be fun... at least after he had the hygienic problem figured out.
« Subject to editing »

Delthion

Delthion followed Faiy's eyes and looked farther down the path. "I wonder who it could be?" Then he called out in a loud voice. "Greetings traveler! Are you friend or foe on this fine morn?" Smiling as always.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

rrrrr

This is from before when I designed us to be on a ship. Now, we are starting in Mossflower, so the spoiler below is just extra stuff. :D

Spoiler
A highly lustrous sunrise dawned over the Great Sea as the reds, yellows, and pinks danced gracefully over the water. R slowly stood up as he saw - wait, sunrise? - The last thing he had remembered was making a website for some group or another, and it was 10pm. Could he have slept that long? Puzzled, he wandered over the deck - it was harder to balance - and thoughtfully scratched his rudder.

"Ouch!" He jumped backwards, pulling spikes out of his feet. It was a hedgehog.

He climbed slowly out of the place in which he had been sleeping.

"What's your name?"

"<insert name of forum member here>"

The two went across the ship and came across many other animals, a mouse, a squirrel - three, actually, another otter, a badger, and several other animals.

"Hey, are you all from the forum?"
[close]

I will try to start writing the real one later today :P
rrrrr.....

Ho arr, mateys, swimming is fun!

I had shrimp 'n' hotroot soup today.

Faiyloe

Faiy jumped at Del's shouting and then glaring at him she slapped him. "Did your parents ever teach you not to talk to strangers! especially vermin ones that are twice your size and could very probably wan't to kill you!" She hissed.

Delthion

Delthion grinned at Faiy again. "Well, since we don't know who he is, why don't we assume that this traveler is a friend? But we should prepare for the possibility that he is a foe. Also, why would he be twice as big as we are?"

Jetthebinturong

The cat stretched. "On this 'fine morn' I am Jet. Whether Jet is a friend or foe is a matter for debate." He frowned. "That sounded like crazy third-person talking. Is that what we're doing now? Pull yourself together Jet, you are not a cliched villain out of some cartoon."  
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan