News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

A Thirst For Adventure II

Started by ShrewsForever, August 17, 2015, 07:38:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShrewsForever

Character submissions are currently OPEN!

STORY AND SETTING:
Far from Mossflower, in a land called Dawnriver, a group of adventurers have decided to wander in search of thrills and treasures. Each of them come from different places for varying reasons, but they all stick together. The group met in a town not far from where they set off.

ABOUT:
Dawnriver is an interesting land, filled with ruins and riches from one end of it to another. There are more species than most other areas. In fact, it's a lot more diverse than far-off Mossflower.
There are many hostile beasts (greedy bandits, aggressive tribes, vermin hordes, old enemies, etc.) , and the terrain is dangerous (cliffs, deep rivers and lakes with deadly fish, complex caves and ruins, etc.) in many areas. The group will attempt to explore the land and maybe come across a ruin, cave, etc. We start in a camp a short way from where the adventurers set off.

(Will add more as the story progresses, but I do have some lore ideas)

RULES:
1. You may have however many characters you want. I don't suggest having more than three.
2. If you want to kill a person's character(s), ask first.
3. I may or may not add magic in this RP. For now, please don't use it.

CHARACTER SHEET:
Name:
Weapons:
Personality:
Strengths:
Weaknesses:
History: optional
Other:
(EDIT: whoops forgot weapons and personality lol)

CHARACTERS:

ShrewsForever's Characters:
Spoiler
WIP
[close]

Lt Sandpaw's Characters:
Spoiler

Name: Sergeant Highear
Species: Hare
Weapons: Sling and stone, Combat spear.

Appearance: A sandy furred hare with the usual long limbs and sharp looks. He has dark brown eyes and one ear is slightly taller then the other giving him a off-balance look. He has a tough expression and sinewy body that shows he is a good runner. He wears a regimental green Jerkin with the emblazed Salamandastron Elite Long Distance Patrol symbol on the left collar and his sergeant stripes on the right.

Personality: A stiff lipped silent fellow with an affinity to being overly serious at times and overly laid back at others. His demeanor is so bipolar that the hares under his command have gotten used to jumping between his mood shifts. He has tendencies to being slightly bloodthirsty and violent.

Strengths: A capable sergeant and solid leader with some serious skill using sling and spear.

Weaknesses: He is an utter failure at socializing and has trouble making allies, he is better at making an enemy then a friend.

History: Tasked with the command of two young runners as part of the ELDP (Elite Long Distance Patrol) they made the distant trip to Dawnriver bearing secret instructions from their badger Lady.

Other: Highear has two younger hares under his command who are more NPCs then characters, the first being Cloverpaw and the second being Napunic V.

Name: Gammhan the Minstrel
Species: Ferret
Weapons: N/A though he does carry a fiddle with him.

Appearance: A ragged and scrawny creature who looks as if he had an argument with a armory. He is covered in large scars and half his left ear looks like it has been bitten off. Across his flanks are what used to be deep wounds now scared. He is the normal grey and black coloring and if he didn't look so beaten up he would have been handsome for his kind. he wears a bright red tunic with green trousers and a large floppy hat that gives him a foolish look. This is effectively finished by his orange cape which he wears in a curious manner halfway under one arm and over the other shoulder.

Personality: He is a fool and minstrel as well as a skilled dancer. He loves nothing more then making other creatures laugh at his songs, jokes, and antics. He is the kind of creature who will make a fool of themselves just to put a smile on someone's face.

Strengths: Is a effective singer and a impressive acrobat, he can stand being laughed at and often enjoys it. He isn't afraid to tell a creature what he thinks of it even if it costs if dearly.

Weaknesses: He is a pacifist and refuses to fight unless its in comic display. His loose tongue has gotten him in trouble more often then it got him coins.

History: Once the son of a chief and warrior of a large ferret clan Gammhan was respected and feared. He was said to have placed more foes in the ground then the earth could sustain. Yet as time went on and Gammhan grew older a searat ship raided his home. he fought to his last breath but was brought down under a flurry of swords and arrows. After the searats slaughtered the rest of his tribe and left a mouse found the dying Gammhan laying still, somehow still breathing. The mouse treated Gammhan and when the ferret recovered he vowed vengeance and hunted down the searats killing every last one. That day while kneeling amongst those he had slain Gammhan swore never to take another life. He traveled the world seeking only to bring small joys to creatures lives.

Other:
[close]

Gonff The Mousethief's Characters:
Spoiler
Name: Marshall Scottsworth
Species: Fox
Weapons(s): Axe, Bow, Sgian Dubh
Appearance: His fur is blue, and has many scars. The tip of his right ear is missing. He wears a blue tunic with a black hood and cape. Plus he wears a Raccoon hat. Oh, and his tail is missing.
Personality (the very basics): Very peppy and nice, but will be a tough warrior when needed.
Favorite color: Blue, but more like a Neptune blue, not a dark blue, ya feelin' me?
History (optional): Was born and abandoned in the north part of Dawnriver. He had to survive on his own for most of his life. He crafted all of his weapons by himself, and robbed from small villages. He got into a fight with a raccoon and skinned him, calling him his greatest enemy. With it, he created his hat which he wears as a symbol.
Strengths: Fighting, archery, and running.
Weaknesses: Awful sword wielder and can swim fast.
Likes/Dislikes: Likes: Riddles and Mysteries. Dislikes: Leaders and Others.
Other: He is a good fox, not the kind found in Mossflower.

Name: Acirema Feiht
Species: Raccoon
Weapons(s): Sling and Crossbow
Appearance: Has a beautiful black and white coat. She has basic colors of a raccoon. Her clothes consist of a light green tunic and very worn out sandals.
Personality (the very basics): Very quiet and doesn't like to talk. Even though she is this way, she can be very bold and head-strong.
Favorite color: The green found in the forest of Dawnriver.
History (optional): She was the daughter of a leader in a small village near the eastern edge of Dawnriver. After the village was raided, the small group who survived traveled Dawnriver. When she became of age, she left and found the group who she is with today.
Strengths: Aiming and stealth.
Weaknesses: Talking and endurance.
Likes/Dislikes: Likes: Peace, and being alone. Dislikes: Large Groups and fire.
Other:
[close]

Sagetip, the hare's Characters:
Spoiler
Name: Aaron Watertail
Species: Otter
Weapons(s): Schiavona
Appearance: Normal otter
Personality (the very basics): Serious, dry-humored, but reliable
Favorite color: Um....
History (optional):
Strengths: Fencing
Weaknesses: Not a proficient archer or slinger
Likes/Dislikes: Hates dishonest beasts
Other
[close]

Lord_Ashenwyte's Characters:
Spoiler
Name: Ashenwyte
Species: Badger.
Weapon: A poleaxe.
Appearance: He's an albino badger with red eyes. He wears glasses and red robes, to conceal his metal leg,which he uses after his real one was amputated after a raider attack.
Personality (the very basics): He's shy and calm. He is friendly, trusting, and prefers to take the more diplomatic approach to things.
Favorite color: Red.
History (optional): He was the son of two merchants, who were killed on a trading mission when he was a teenager. He was volunteering in the library at the time and decided to become a librarian. He then worked for the next fifteen years in the library until inflation, where he was reduced to penury. He then became an adventurer to acquire money and knowledge.
Strengths: He is mentally strong, and he is strong physically as well.
Weaknesses: He is reluctant to take up arms and use his strength. He can be exploited easily as well.
Likes/Dislikes: He likes books and acquiring knowledge. He dislikes extreme violence and hasty actions.
Other: He has only gone into Bloodwrath once, when he received news of his parents' death.
[close]

rrrrr's Characters:
Spoiler
Name: Sunflash
Species: Mouse
Weapons: Sword
Personality: Rash, often makes not-so-funny jokes but thinks he is funny, and has a big temper.
Appearance: Is dressed a little like Martin II
Strengths: Close range
Weaknesses: Far range
History: His name comes from this: he is so good with his sword that the sun flashes off it at every angle. Sunflash and Blueberry are twins.
Other: If magic is allowed, Sunflash and Blueberry can >change<: Using a tool called the Pentavertergatron (simply just known as the Pentatron), with the input of energy from four other sources and light from the moon and Jupiter at a 108 degree angle, they can switch and become Sunberry and Blueflash. (From my sci-fi fanfic idea.)

Name: Blueberry
Weapons: Sling
Personality: Prankster-type but calm when needed.
Strengths: Far range
Weaknesses: Close range
History: His name comes from this: when he ran out of stones to use, he had used blueberries to defeat his enemies. Sunflash and Blueberry are twins.
Other: If magic is allowed, Sunflash and Blueberry can >change<: Using a tool called the Pentavertergatron (simply just known as the Pentatron), with the input of energy from four other sources and light from the moon and Jupiter at a 108 degree angle, they can switch and become Sunberry and Blueflash. (From my sci-fi fanfic idea.)
[close]

LT Sandpaw

Hey, hey, hey Shrewsforever I hope this RP works out for you, I'll be in it but loosely, I hope that's okay with you. Oh and I also added weapons and personality to the sheet, I hope that's okay with you.

Name: Sergeant Highear
Species: Hare
Weapons: Sling and stone, Combat spear.

Appearance: A sandy furred hare with the usual long limbs and sharp looks. He has dark brown eyes and one ear is slightly taller then the other giving him a off-balance look. He has a tough expression and sinewy body that shows he is a good runner. He wears a regimental green Jerkin with the emblazed Salamandastron Elite Long Distance Patrol symbol on the left collar and his sergeant stripes on the right.

Personality: A stiff lipped silent fellow with an affinity to being overly serious at times and overly laid back at others. His demeanor is so bipolar that the hares under his command have gotten used to jumping between his mood shifts. He has tendencies to being slightly bloodthirsty and violent.

Strengths: A capable sergeant and solid leader with some serious skill using sling and spear.

Weaknesses: He is an utter failure at socializing and has trouble making allies, he is better at making an enemy then a friend.

History: Tasked with the command of two young runners as part of the ELDP (Elite Long Distance Patrol) they made the distant trip to Dawnriver bearing secret instructions from their badger Lady.

Other: Highear has two younger hares under his command who are more NPCs then characters, the first being Cloverpaw and the second being Napunic V.

Name: Gammhan the Minstrel
Species: Ferret
Weapons: N/A though he does carry a fiddle with him.

Appearance: A ragged and scrawny creature who looks as if he had an argument with a armory. He is covered in large scars and half his left ear looks like it has been bitten off. Across his flanks are what used to be deep wounds now scared. He is the normal grey and black coloring and if he didn't look so beaten up he would have been handsome for his kind. he wears a bright red tunic with green trousers and a large floppy hat that gives him a foolish look. This is effectively finished by his orange cape which he wears in a curious manner halfway under one arm and over the other shoulder.

Personality: He is a fool and minstrel as well as a skilled dancer. He loves nothing more then making other creatures laugh at his songs, jokes, and antics. He is the kind of creature who will make a fool of themselves just to put a smile on someone's face.

Strengths: Is a effective singer and a impressive acrobat, he can stand being laughed at and often enjoys it. He isn't afraid to tell a creature what he thinks of it even if it costs if dearly.

Weaknesses: He is a pacifist and refuses to fight unless its in comic display. His loose tongue has gotten him in trouble more often then it got him coins.

History: Once the son of a chief and warrior of a large ferret clan Gammhan was respected and feared. He was said to have placed more foes in the ground then the earth could sustain. Yet as time went on and Gammhan grew older a searat ship raided his home. he fought to his last breath but was brought down under a flurry of swords and arrows. After the searats slaughtered the rest of his tribe and left a mouse found the dying Gammhan laying still, somehow still breathing. The mouse treated Gammhan and when the ferret recovered he vowed vengeance and hunted down the searats killing every last one. That day while kneeling amongst those he had slain Gammhan swore never to take another life. He traveled the world seeking only to bring small joys to creatures lives.

Other:

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Gonff the Mousethief

Can I use my old character sheets from the old Rp?
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

ShrewsForever

All accepted, I'll add you.

@Gonff
Yes.

Gonff the Mousethief

Cool, thanks!

Name: Marshall Scottsworth
Species: Fox
Weapons(s): Axe, Bow, Sgian Dubh
Appearance: His fur is blue, and has many scars. The tip of his right ear is missing. He wears a blue tunic with a black hood and cape. Plus he wears a Raccoon hat. Oh, and his tail is missing.
Personality (the very basics): Very peppy and nice, but will be a tough warrior when needed.
Favorite color: Blue, but more like a Neptune blue, not a dark blue, ya feelin' me?
History (optional): Was born and abandoned in the north part of Dawnriver. He had to survive on his own for most of his life. He crafted all of his weapons by himself, and robbed from small villages. He got into a fight with a raccoon and skinned him, calling him his greatest enemy. With it, he created his hat which he wears as a symbol.
Strengths: Fighting, archery, and running.
Weaknesses: Awful sword wielder and can swim fast.
Likes/Dislikes: Likes: Riddles and Mysteries. Dislikes: Leaders and Others.
Other: He is a good fox, not the kind found in Mossflower.

Name: Acirema Feiht
Species: Raccoon
Weapons(s): Sling and Crossbow
Appearance: Has a beautiful black and white coat. She has basic colors of a raccoon. Her clothes consist of a light green tunic and very worn out sandals.
Personality (the very basics): Very quiet and doesn't like to talk. Even though she is this way, she can be very bold and head-strong.
Favorite color: The green found in the forest of Dawnriver.
History (optional): She was the daughter of a leader in a small village near the eastern edge of Dawnriver. After the village was raided, the small group who survived traveled Dawnriver. When she became of age, she left and found the group who she is with today.
Strengths: Aiming and stealth.
Weaknesses: Talking and endurance.
Likes/Dislikes: Likes: Peace, and being alone. Dislikes: Large Groups and fire.
Other: Notin
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

ShrewsForever

rrrrr

I am going to do mice this time!

Personality: Rash, often makes not-so-funny jokes but thinks he is funny, and has a big temper.
Strengths: Close range
Weaknesses: Far range
History: His name comes from this: he is so good with his sword that the sun flashes off it at every angle. Sunflash and Blueberry are twins.

Personality: Prankster-type but calm when needed.
Strengths: Far range
Weaknesses: Close range
History: His name comes from this: when he ran out of stones to use, he had used blueberries to defeat his enemies. Sunflash and Blueberry are twins.
rrrrr.....

Ho arr, mateys, swimming is fun!

I had shrimp 'n' hotroot soup today.

LT Sandpaw

Cool, how many people are you planning on getting before you begin?

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

ShrewsForever

Quote from: rrrrr on August 18, 2015, 12:35:02 AM
I am going to do mice this time!

Personality:
Appearance:
Strengths:
Weaknesses:

Personality:
Appearance:
Strengths:
Weaknesses:
I see a few problems.
1. You left personality, appearance, strentghs, and weaknesses blank.
2. How does one defeat an enemy with blueberries?
Address these two things and I'll accept.

Quote from: LT Sandpaw on August 18, 2015, 12:36:14 AM
Cool, how many people are you planning on getting before you begin?
I don't know, maybe at least five?

rrrrr

Number 1: I'll finish them later.

Number 2: The enemy, a rat, was yelling a war cry and the blueberry choked him. :P Also, they sort of hurt. :P
rrrrr.....

Ho arr, mateys, swimming is fun!

I had shrimp 'n' hotroot soup today.

Hickory

Yaroo! I just felt like saying that.

Name: Aaron Watertail
Species: Otter
Weapons(s): Schiavona
Appearance: Normal otter
Personality (the very basics): Serious, dry-humored, but reliable
Favorite color: Um....
History (optional):
Strengths: Fencing
Weaknesses: Not a proficient archer or slinger
Likes/Dislikes: Hates dishonest beasts
Other:
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

ShrewsForever

Accepted, I'll get this up later.

Lady Ashenwyte

Name: Ashenwyte
Species: Badger.
Weapon: A poleaxe.
Appearance: He's an albino badger with red eyes. He wears glasses and red robes, to conceal his metal leg,which he uses after his real one was amputated after a raider attack.
Personality (the very basics): He's shy and calm. He is friendly, trusting, and prefers to take the more diplomatic approach to things.
Favorite color: Red.
History (optional): He was the son of two merchants, who were killed on a trading mission when he was a teenager. He was volunteering in the library at the time and decided to become a librarian. He then worked for the next fifteen years in the library until inflation, where he was reduced to penury. He then became an adventurer to acquire money and knowledge.
Strengths: He is mentally strong, and he is strong physically as well.
Weaknesses: He is reluctant to take up arms and use his strength. He can be exploited easily as well.
Likes/Dislikes: He likes books and acquiring knowledge. He dislikes extreme violence and hasty actions.
Other: He has only gone into Bloodwrath once, when he received news of his parents' death.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

ShrewsForever

Hey guys,
School got really overwhelming and I kind of let this slip. When things started to settle down I got a little bit nervous to go back to this. ( I thought you might hate me lol )

I guess I probably shouldn't be the one to host a roleplay...
I'm back though, and i'm really sorry for flaking out on you guys.

Anyways, I'll try and get those character sheets up. Good wishes.

Hickory

If you don't have the time for this I can always do it.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.