News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Duet (OOC)

Started by James Gryphon, August 19, 2015, 05:42:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Gryphon

I've felt for a while that availability and communication are key factors in determining how successful an RP is. Thus, I'm interested in running a two-person RP with somebody here. We can either do it like "Free", with a player-character each, or alternatively, the applicant can play the main protagonist, with me controlling all the other characters, in a "Choose Your Own Adventure"-type setting.

I'll take applicants 'til Thursday morning or so. PM me if you're interested, and I'll let you know at the end of that time period if you've been selected or not. I'll make the selection with respect to ability, availability, whether I think you'd be a good fit for my writing style, habits, and idiosyncrasies, and finally gender (I like girls better) ;).
« Subject to editing »

LT Sandpaw

Wow gender bias ;D

BTW do you want us to just send you a PM or do you want a Bio or short story or something like that?

Or,or,or,or,or,or,or,or,or,or,or...

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

James Gryphon

Either one is fine. If you already have ideas for what you'd like to do, I encourage y'all to share them, but it isn't required.
« Subject to editing »

James Gryphon

Bumping this thread to close entry.

I got a bunch of interest in this. It'd be nice to be able to take you all, but that would defeat the purpose of a two-person RP. So, I'm announcing that the applicant I think'll fit the best with the above requirements is Skyblade.

Thanks to all of y'all for offering your time. If you didn't get picked, don't feel bad. There are lots of other RPs (including duets like this) to work on. I just figured Sky would be the best suited to compensate for my many weak spots.

@Sky: We can talk about the RP and work out the plot and all of that here; if you want to PM about it, that's okay too, though.
« Subject to editing »

Skyblade

Yay! Thank you, James! :D

I think two-player RPs (or three, four, five...maybe not more than five because that defeats the purpose) are a great idea. Other people could start their own if they wanted :)

Well like I said, I think an RP in which we both play our own character and travel around would be cool. What do you think? I'm open to ideas.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

James Gryphon

That sounds fine. I do think it'd be nice to figure out a concrete plot to work towards. Me and you probably won't feel like doing this forever, so it'd be nice to be able to have a conclusion to our story arc.

As far as other things go, I'm kind of a traditionalist -- I like good woodlanders and bad vermin (at least to a point). I'm willing to compromise on that point if it's a big deal for you, though.

Do you know what sort of species you want to play yet? I haven't thought much about it yet. I did consider reusing the black cat from "What's Happening", but I think that's a little too unconventional.
« Subject to editing »

Skyblade

I agree that we should have some type of plot. I would prefer if we had a general idea of the RP (like an outline of sorts), but enough flexibility to decide what exactly happens we go along. And yes, a good conclusion is nice.

I wasn't going to play good vermin anyway, so that's fine.

For species, I'm still deciding. I'm thinking maybe a badger or an otter, as they're my two favorites to RP as, but I also like birds.

rrrrr

Congratulations Skye!
rrrrr.....

Ho arr, mateys, swimming is fun!

I had shrimp 'n' hotroot soup today.

Skyblade

Cornflower MM

Congratulations, Skye! You two will be great!

Skyblade

James Gryphon

Sorry about taking so long to get back to you. I've slept practically the whole day away, and I feel like I could go back in my room and go to sleep again. Just one of those days, I guess.

I just had a bizarre idea -- maybe we could do a good/bad team. Your character could be like Bryony on steroids, trying to redeem my villain. ;)

Otherwise, some of the species I'm considering:
Shrew
Vole (maybe "Terrus", a character I made for a failed early RP, could make a comeback)
Hedgehog?
Owl
« Subject to editing »

Skyblade

It's all good. I kind of know what you mean :P

Oh, we could do a good/bad team if you wanted :)

Sounds cool! I'm still deciding my species, too.

How would this traveling thing work? Would we perhaps start at the Abbey and just journey around, maybe ending up in an idyllic island of sorts? O.o

James Gryphon

If we do good/bad, that opens up my options a bit. I'd probably prefer to do wildcat (although I maintain that based on Mossflower alone it isn't an evil species, it did become a villainous species in the context of the entire series), but I might try a fancy rat (like Ackab Lekker), or a ferret or something.

Starting at Redwall is probably easiest. As far as the destination, I don't know. Maybe go on an adventure to some legendary place, and then my character's arc can determine what happens after that.
« Subject to editing »

Skyblade

It's your choice, really. I'm leaning towards badger myself, in which I play the character I'm using in "What's Happening?"

Ooh, legendary place! We should hit a bunch of cool landmarks along the way.