News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Duet (OOC)

Started by James Gryphon, August 19, 2015, 05:42:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrrrr

Your badger, Skyre, is done super well, it's amazing.
rrrrr.....

Ho arr, mateys, swimming is fun!

I had shrimp 'n' hotroot soup today.

Skyblade

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

James Gryphon

I don't know whether you want to go ahead with this (what with real life and all), but for reference, here's Terrus' original bio from Quest for the Sword:

Name: Terrus
Physical Description: Light brown fur; slightly below average size. Consistently wears a brown cloak. Wields a short sword; also tends to carry along some small trinkets with him in his pockets.
Place of Residence: A previously abandoned system of mole tunnels, hidden in the Western Plains
Species: Vole
Motivation: Wants to get as many "friends" as possible.
Personality: Seemingly light-hearted and sociable, but deeply delusional. Ascribes anthropomorphic qualities to inanimate objects and non-sentient creatures, speaking to them as though they're listening and can understand him. Can be easily soothed, manipulated, and controlled by someone who pretends to understand his condition.

Let me know what you think, and if you could handle being teamed up with somebody like that. If I was to use him, instead of coming up with a new character, I'd of course give him an update, overhaul and fleshing-out, to bring him up to the standards I had with Ackab Lekker (who's in the RP tournament and Original Character contest).
« Subject to editing »

Skyblade

Of course I want to go ahead with this. It's a commitment I got chosen for, isn't it? I would like to avoid letting people down.

You can use whichever character you want. I'll be fine. Terrus looks interesting.

James Gryphon

I think I'm going to be making up a shrew. If you do do a badger, the dichotomy should be interesting.
« Subject to editing »

James Gryphon

Since you have some idea of what you want to do, if you want to make your character first, that would be nice -- I think it would be easier to make mine then, to fit yours best.
« Subject to editing »

Skyblade

Thank you :) I'll be working on it.

Skyblade

Don't worry, James. I'm still down for this, especially since it's with you :)

Name: Skyre the Blue
Species: Badger
Appearance: Skyre is small and not very strong for a badger. There is a blue tint in her white fur, and her tail is abnormally bushy like a squirrel's. She has battle scars.
Personality: Reclusive and not bold, unlike most of her species. Her heart is in the right place, though.

I'm still developing this character. Thank you for the patience :)

James Gryphon

Here's my go at a draft. This will probably get expanded out as we go.

Name: Luddy
Species: Shrew
Appearance: Short, broad and as bulky as an unnaturally high metabolism will allow. Dark, relatively thick fur for a shrew. Wears a simple black robe, and a belt which holds his weapon.
Clothing/Weapons: Rapier
Personality: Very protective and always ready to fight for someone he believes in. Equally at ease with banter, random subjects and nonsense, and deeper conversation. Not very confident, but can put on a good front. Semi-regular, sometimes dramatic mood swings.
Abilities: Literate and well-studied. High pain tolerance, allowing him to tolerate both lingering and sudden pains and wounds more easily than others. Is ambidextrous.
Weaknesses: Has no formal combat training, and thus isn't as good with a sword as he likes to imagine he is. Low endurance and runs out of breath more easily than others seem to. Can't swim.
History: The son of two former Guosim shrews that settled down to live at the Abbey. Lived an unremarkable life up to this point.
« Subject to editing »

Skyblade

Looks great :) I think it'll work well with him.

James Gryphon

How exactly do you want to kick this off, and what do you think our character's objective/motivation should be? I have an idea for a story arc, but it's dramatic enough that it wouldn't really be appropriate until we decided to end this, and that's hopefully a while down the line.
« Subject to editing »

Skyblade

Hmm. Skyre is a traveler, so she would be down for just seeing new places. If she came to like Luddy, she would be fine with going with him.

James Gryphon

If they both stayed at Redwall for a good length of time, that's plausible.

How exactly did they decide to leave? Did your character want to leave the abbey to go someplace, or should I write it into mine?
« Subject to editing »

Skyblade

Perhaps Skyre, who has a sense of adventure, just wanted to go see the world and new beasts.

James Gryphon

I think we have enough for an opening.

Should I write it, or do you want to?
« Subject to editing »