News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Leagues to Legends (Closed)

Started by LT Sandpaw, August 24, 2015, 09:43:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LT Sandpaw

Curse this accursed cold, curse that idiot cat, curse this snow, curse it all! The early morning world was encased in a blanket of snow. White fluff covered the many pine trees, here and there clumps of brown grass protruded from the white mantle. Gray clouds filled the sky and a damp atmosphere hung over everything.

Crouched next to a tiny fire in a small muddy patch Kasta Shortclaw wrapped his cloak around himself tighter cursing his birth, and that of every other living thing. The beautiful scene hardly matched his thoughts and appearance. He was a tall wildcat with a silky tabby fur which was now wet and frozen to his body. His once fine clothes were dirty and soaked giving him a ragged look as he rubbed his paws over the flames trying to bring life back into the numbed appendages.

I hope that mangy father of mine rots and dies a hundred horrible deaths, coward ha, I'll show him I would rip his heart from his chest if I could. Dark thoughts filled Kasta's mind as he attempted to warm himself while reflecting the last three days.

Three long days ago he was the respected Crown Prince to his father's throne, and now he was a starving frozen wreak waiting for some messenger to tell him he could go home. He shivered trying to move closer to the fire. A coward that was what his father had called him, a coward who had no courage was no son of his. He had disowned his own son and exiled him, and for what. Who would willingly chase escaped slaves into a freezing river?

He pulled his cloak closer to himself and wondered if he would freeze before his father forgave him. In truth Kasta would rather his father died instead of having to face the humiliation of being brought home. The thought of his father's death- as horrible as it was- warmed Kasta slightly and he pressed closer to the fire. He was exiled and doomed to this horrible waiting game, but he could wait. What else was there to do?

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Eulaliaaa!

Raja stumbled through the snow, muttering all the bad words she knew under her breath. This wasn't worth it. She should go back. She was wet, cold, hungry, and miserable. But before she could change her mind, she saw a small light in the distance. Quickening her pace, Raja pulled down the hood of her cloak and waved her paws around. The silver bracelets jingled as she called out, "Hey, hey over there! It's me! Raja! Are you Kasta?" She unwisely called out at the top of her lungs, hoping the distant figure could hear her.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

LT Sandpaw

Not being the most attentive creature Raja's shouts nearly scared Kasta out of his wits. Jumping up he puffed out his fur nearly doubling his size. Hissing and spitting he yowled in pain as his frantic attempts to stand made him plant a hind paw straight into the small fire.

"Yaaaarrgha!" Leaping about Kasta clutched his burnt paw glaring at the newcomer with evident rage. Seeing who it was he sat back down pushing his paw into the snow trying to cool the inflamed paw.

"Oh its you?" Kasta snorted looking to see if any of his fire was left. The twigs had been scattered most effectively by his paw and the last of it flickered out. Narrowing his eyes Kasta glared at his cousin with distaste, they had never been very close and she was the last creature Kasta wanted to see. "What are you doing out here, did my father send you to kill me. He must not think very highly of me if he sent you." Kasta groused flattening his ears.

Eulaliaaa!

Kasta's screeches had caused Raja to begin screaming as well. Not in pain, as Kasta had, but because he had startled her. She clutched the handle of her machete tightly, trying to calm down, "Wha.... wha... what was that? Why... Oh never mind. I've come here to tell you something, and your father never sent me. He won't be sending anybeast any time soon," she hinted, hoping to catch his attention and curiosity.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

LT Sandpaw

That caught Kasta's attention more then it should have. He wasn't the smartest creature but he wasn't slow by any means. Releasing his damaged footpaw he stood up wincing slightly.

"Wots that suppose to mean? What happened to my father, speak?" He pressed, ears twitching. He noted the blade that hung at her side with some concern but he pushed it aside, if she really was here to kill him he figured he could hold his own even without any weapons to speak of.

Eulaliaaa!

Hiding a smile, Raja shook her head mournfully, "Alas, your father had passed away. He is no longer living, and your brother has taken over the throne. I have come to warn you, your kingdom may fall under his illegal and unrightful rule. I have come to bring you back to your kingdom so you may inherit the throne that belongs to you," she took a deep breath, as if holding back tears.

LT Sandpaw

The almost sorrowful way she proclaimed his father's death and his brothers take over almost made Kasta laugh. The pain in his foot paw was instantly forgotten as his tail flicked back and forth in a feverish excitement.

"Yes!" He screamed, no longer able to resist the urge he threw back head and yowled his triumph to the sky. The fact that his younger brother had taken the throne didn't bother Kasta overly. He was sure the teen wildcat would step aside when he came marching back in triumph. It was as if his curses had reached his own father and killed him just as Kasta wished.

As the echoes of his jubilation resided Kasta's mood changed drastically from irritated curiosity too vicious intensity and excitement. His gazed snapped back to Raja who was standing like she was depressed.

"Snap out of it cousin, you did the right thing. I will make you second in command, under me of course." A new idea traversed Kasta's mind and a dark smile crossed his features. "Have you anything to eat cousin? I have not had food nor good drink for some time now. Come rest by what is left of my fire and tell me more of my father's final hours."

OOC: Feel free to make something up

Eulaliaaa!

Raja instantly dropped the act and crouched down by the remains of the fire, "Second in command?" She hissed. This was what she deserved, perhaps Kasta was not that bad if he could be so hasty in giving out power. She smiled, "Well, it was not too long ago. I would have gotten here sooner, but I am not used to trudging through this dreaded snow. We were told that he died from some heart failure," she hesitated, then narrowed her eyes and leaned forward, "But there are rumors that your brother himself is behind all this. I've heard that he talked your father into making you an outcast, that he poisoned your father, and that he has no intention of bringing you back to claim the throne...." She left off there, watching to see his response.

LT Sandpaw

"Rumors?" He hissed collecting some more partially dry branches and sticking them unskillfully into the stack of smoldering wood. Blowing on the embers he managed to revive the orange glow into a small blaze. Sitting back he tilted his head listening as Raja finished her tale of how his brother had been the cause of all this.

"Is that so, well Vircis must be taught who is the real king. Once we return the guard will join us and I will have him thrown in among the slaves and have him work in the fields. That will show him." Kasta rubbed his paws gleefully considering everything that he would do to his brother and those who had opposed him.

"When you have rested sufficiently you will show me the way back." He commanded, standing up and pacing back and forth like a caged wild thing. He couldn't wait, he would go back, it was less than a day's journey and he was itching to sit on the stone throne.

"Only a few more hours." He murmured.

OOC: Does this remind you of Thor at all?

Eulaliaaa!

Raja's eyes shone defiantly as Kasta commanded her to show the way back, "Why yes, cousin," she said, forcing herself to smile sweetly, "That is why I came here. To help you claim your throne... with me being your second in command, of course..." She said.

OOC: That's actually what I was just thinking  :P

LT Sandpaw

He paused his continuous pacing eyeing Raja with a new light. She may very well be dangerous in the future, Kasta silently berated himself for speaking so quickly, he should never just paw out power. He leaned against a nearby tree a smile slowly crossing his face. Raja would prove useful now, if she ever attempted to take what was rightfully his a knife between the shoulder blades would be more then effective solution.

"Well cousin it appears we have a common goal," He waved a paw dramatically and dropped to the ground sitting with his back still against the tree. "Claiming my throne is the top priority and you will get your due reward for the aid you provided."

OOC: Okay so unless there's something else Raja wants to mention feel free to initiate a time skip to where they are ready to head back to the castle.

Eulaliaaa!

OOC: nah, I'm good.

BIC: Raja smiled slightly, "I'm sure you will reward me greatly after the trouble I went to in finding you out here in this miserable snowy place," she commented, settling down by the fire and wrapping her cloak around her shoulders, shivering slightly as she rested.

LT Sandpaw

As the hours inched by the two cat's conversation drifted and then ended. Both rested in the slight warmth brought by the midday sun. Kasta feeling more impatient than ever sat up shivering as he realized the patch of snow he had been sitting on melted into his tunic.

"Come cousin we have wasted enough time, by this hour tomorrow I expect to be sitting on the throne of my father's kingdom, and you will be standing by my side. Hurry, you're leading the way." He picked up a pawful of snow and threw it at the dozing Raja in an effort to make her rise faster.

Eulaliaaa!

Raja jumped slightly, giving a small cry as the snow hit her, "Gaah, stoppit, fool!" She screeched, brushing the snow off of her and standing up, "Yes, I will lead the way back, who else will? Follow me, let's get back as soon as possible, out of this cursed snow and disgusting cold. Ugh, it's all wet and cold and gross. I hate snow," she grumbled.

LT Sandpaw

With an evil grin that only a cat could make, Kasta followed his cousin clapping his paws together to rid himself of the excess snow. "Would you call your future king a fool?" Kasta purred as they began their march with Raja leading. Brushing at his soaked clothing the wildcat couldn't help but agree with his cousin. What cat liked the snow? "Certainly cousin the snow is water that is cold, what cat likes water, much less the cold?" He put in ducking under a low hanging branch.