News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Leagues to Legends (Closed)

Started by LT Sandpaw, August 24, 2015, 09:43:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LT Sandpaw

OOC: I'm going to make the rats have much less of an accent simply because its to hard to write. :P
BIC:

Sulking and irritable Kasta followed Raja inside pushing a rat out of the way. Stepping inside the first thing he noticed was the stench of moldy hay. The barn looked as if it had been abandon for far too long. It was evident by the food scraps and random assortment of items that the rats had been living there before. This fact was supported even more as two bow wielding rodents stepped out of the shadows leveling the weapons at Kasta and Raja.

"Ey oo' be derm?" One of the rat archers shouted spiting on the floor. Kasta felt himself get roughly pushed aside as the axe wielding rat stepped forward motioning towards Raja.

"She'em killer bigchief, she'em new bigchief foller et order now." After a moment of hesitation the two archers lowered their bows and bowed to Raja. Kasta snorted, he was suppose to be the king, not his stuck up cousin. He folded his arms and turned to Raja raising his eyebrow, his voice dripping with sarcasm.

"So cousin will this be a fit palace for you, your regal majesty?"

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Eulaliaaa!

Raja glared at Kasta, "You know what....." her voice trailed off when she couldn't think of an insult. She looked around at the barn, wrinkling her nose at the smell, "This place is disgusting," she muttered.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

LT Sandpaw

"I fully agree cousin, however I'm sure your ratty gang will clean it up nicely if you ask them." Kasta groused. Finding himself a respectful pile of ragged looking clothes stolen off some long ago traveler he squished brushed off a few insects and sat down. Here he was, great King Kasta. His brother was probably off giving orders and sleeping on lace and satin, drinking warm spiced wine and eating puffy sweets. Life had a cruel sense of humor sometimes.

He glanced over at the rats, all five were gathering wood and other burnable items which included a large dictionary and were lighting it all with flint and an axe blade. One of the rats looked up at Raja holding a filthy looking pan.

"What'da wanna be der eatin' bigchief?" We got to get rid of these rodents before returning to the castle. Kasta thought irritably.

Eulaliaaa!

Raja looked at the rats in disgust, "Eat? Whatever there is to eat, as long as it's not gross," she said as she placed her cloak down on a pile of hay and sat of it.

"Huhuh.... we good cooking der food," the rat replied, then all the rats set about creating a meal for their new leader. Raja didn't pay attention to what they put in it, but the end product resembled a bunch of roots floating in snot.

"Der be's good food, bigchief," a rat proudly announced as the 'food' was handed to both Raja and Kasta.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

LT Sandpaw

With slight trepidation Kasta accepted his bowl of 'food'. All of the rats filled their own makeshift bowls and began eating with gusto. Dipping his paw into the concoction Kasta lifted it to his nose. Two urges fought for dominance, one was his hunger which was very powerful, the other was disgust which was just as strong. After a moment of hesitation Kasta sampled it crunching on a hard root.

To say it was delicious would be wrong, but it wasn't overly horrible either. Kasta took another pawful and swallowed. He turned to look at Raja a slight glint in his eye. "Surprisingly cousin as horrible as it looks its slightly edible."

One of the rats jabbed a knife at Kasta glaring at him angrily. "Der bigchief will like th' good food, ya shuddap cat."

Kasta sulked and pulled away slapping an inquisitive cockroach away from his bowl he took another mouthful and muttered under his breath. "If this is good food I really don't care to see their okay food, especially not their bad food."

Eulaliaaa!

Raja tried to keep herself from gagging as she stared at what she was expected to eat, "What is it?" She asked, poking it with a claw.

"Der be's roots, d'berries, and good food in it!" Answered a rat, "Bigchief hungry, eatmuch!"

Raja sniffed at it, then slowly dipped her paw into the bowl and licked it. After a few seconds, she cringed and ate a pawful of the stuff, struggling to keep it down, "When we arrive at your castle, I expect a big meal with real food in it," she told Kasta.

LT Sandpaw

"I fully agree." Kasta heaved having eaten some unknown item which was too hard to be a root. "I think they made this with bones and rocks!" He set down his half empty bowl unwilling to eat much more of it. Patting down the few ragged blankets he circled once and laid down. One of the rats however kicked him in the tail pushing him off the makeshift bed.

"Be der not ye nest, begone." Kasta leaped up ready to show the insolent rat what a wildcat was capable of but the rats knife was in its paw. Giving Kasta a 'I dare you.' Look the rat motioned towards the one empty place. "Th' bigchief nest tha'n you get'a hay." Hissing Kasta talked over to the pile of molding hay slamming his paws into the woodwork and receiving a few splinters for his efforts.

"Cousin when we get to the castle we have to get rid of these rats, preferably before anybeast sees them. They will ruin everything. They can pick their own new chief, they wouldn't be helpful anyway." He left out the fact that he would be send a squad of castle guards to eradicate the gang once he was on the throne.

Eulaliaaa!

Raja smirked, sitting down on the more comfortable bed, "I agree, cousin, these rats will not be of use to us once we reach the castle. Though I'm surprised you're being so.... kind to them and letting them leave. After they've tried to poison us and kill us with that disgusting food fit only for pigs," she said, closing her eyes.

LT Sandpaw

"Being kind to them certainly isn't what I will be to them, especially that big one with the axe. To big for his boots that one." Kasta back in the hay, besides the horrendous stench, and being jabbed by the straws it wasn't that bad. The rats seemed to be settling down, there were a few arguments on which rodent got to sleep closest to the fire but as it grew later the barn quieted down.

For the first time since he had been banished by his father Kasta felt almost comfortable, like he could use to living like this. Then a cool blast of air pushed though the cracks in the walls chilling him. Then a small bit of snow fell on him though a hole in the roof. To finish it off all the rats began a snoring competition.

Rolling away from the now snowy spot Kasta felt his eyes slowly close. Soon he would be king, and then things would never be like this again.

Eulaliaaa!

LT Sandpaw

Something kicked Kasta in the back. He grunted and curled up into a tighter ball. He tried to ignore whoever was attempting to wake him up with little success. The kick came again this time paired with a voice.

"Get'cha up shtupid kat, be der goin' ta robbin'." Kasta relented and sat up. He blinked, slightly blinded by the bright morning light filtering though the many holes in the barn. All the rats were already awake but Raja was still sleeping, the rodents moved about slowly stretching and warming up leftover root gunk to eat.

Kasta sighed and brushed hay off his clothes and fur, still waking up he leaned against the wall letting his eyes close again, dozing.

Eulaliaaa!

Raja opened her eyes slowly, looking around the barn and wrinkling her nose in disgust as she hopped to her feet, her multiple silver bracelets and necklaces jingling noisily.

"When will the food be ready? I'm hungry," she turned to one of the rats.

The rat shrugged, "Soon goodfood be ready for der Bigchief," he said.

Raja looked at Kasta, "I assume we're leaving once we've eaten?" She asked, brushing dirt and hay from her cloak.

LT Sandpaw

"Do you want to wait that long?" Kasta hinted dryly as a scent from the root gunk floated over to him. "I'd rather not wait that long." The wildcat straightened up stretching his back and paws. By some miracle the smell of the moldy hay had faded and was now being replaced by the rat's good food. One of the rats glanced up his eyes glimmering.

"Where be der bigchief a'goin' der yer findin' beasties ter rob?"

Kasta decided to let Raja answer that and began digging about in the rat's pile of makeshift weaponry. Finding himself and dull knife and a rusty sickle he shoved them in his belt. He was going to be slightly ready next time they come across an unfriendly party. Then he stalked up behind Raja whispering in her ear so the rats couldn't hear.

"Get rid of them cousin, make an excuse."

Eulaliaaa!

Raja hesitated, "Er... not yet. Actually, Kasta and I will be taking a walk. There's creatures that are going to be giving us... uh, treasure. Now, they won't give it to us if you're with us. So you must stay here and wait. Then I'll give you all the treasure you deserve," she explained, watching the greedy looks on the rat's faces

"Huh huh huh, I want der treasure. 'Ow much treasure Bigchief bringin' us?" Asked a rat.

"Er... more than you can imagine," Raja smiled sweetly.

The rats held a whispered conversation, then turned to face Raja and Kasta, "We be stayin' here, in der barn, Bigchief. We wait in der barn fer treasure!"

Raja glanced at Kasta, waiting for him to say something.

LT Sandpaw

"Ah erm yes, we are going to get lots of treasure for everybeast here." Kasta declared supporting Raja's claims. "And real weapons too." He added for good measure. At this some of the rats began salivating, they're eyes big with anticipation. Kasta curled his lip in disgust also annoyed that the rats had seen no reason to correct him for speaking now.

"Let's get out of here cousin, it's a straight shot from here to the castle, we'll be there in couple hours." Taking the lead Kasta dodged around several of the rats and out onto the snowy fields. He gulped in surprise. A fresh blanket of white covered the ground blotting out any tracks they had made on the way there. Kasta turned to Raja his eyes wide.

"You don't happen to remember the way do you?"