Questions and Answers (Q&A)

Started by Taggerung_of_Redwall, June 22, 2011, 09:19:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Ashenwyte

Do people know if you've added them as a buddy?
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Groddil

I added you as a buddy, so I'm assuming people don't know. It just seems to be a formality anyway, telling you when your friends (or enemies, if you want to use it that way) are online easier.

Tam and Martin

Being gone for so long, I totally forgot how to post a gif. Some help please?

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

James Gryphon

IMG tags around the link, like so:

If you mean how to get it up on another site, Photobucket and Imageshack are two options.
« Subject to editing »

Tam and Martin

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Maudie

Hey, Blaggut and I noticed that you can't presently edit polls. I was just wondering if these little glitches will be fixed soon? No pressure, but that means that SFC can't be reset right now...
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Lady Ashenwyte

When will we be able to quote while writing a post? That's the only reason why I'm not updating my ask threads.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Cornflower MM

Quote from: Mask on January 21, 2016, 01:57:38 AM
Hey, Blaggut and I noticed that you can't presently edit polls. I was just wondering if these little glitches will be fixed soon? No pressure, but that means that SFC can't be reset right now...

I know, that's annoying because I'd like my Ask thread poll.

And what about the other glitches, what's the status on fixing them?

The Skarzs

We all have them, so I thought the topic should be started.
If you have a question, ask it here. If you can answer it, feel free to do so.

My first question is, why do we have to solve a captcha before sending a personal message? Can that be removed?
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Kitsune

It disappears after you PM a certain number of times. That or it was removed by James because he knows I'm a real person. I am not sure.

Søren

Hey James, is it possible to get spoilers on here?

I'm retired from the forum

James Gryphon

I don't know much about the CAPTCHAs. I haven't seen them since I set up the forum; if they show up on PMs too, that sounds like a pain. I can look to see if there's any way to tone them down. (Update: It was set to require CAPTCHAs until 5 posts. For now I've changed it to 1. If this is a problem, I can make more changes later.)

As far as spoilers go, I think that's a SMF mod. Matthias installed it on the old forum, whereas right now I have just stock settings for this one. I can look to see about getting that up soon. If it's as easy as setting the forum up was it shouldn't be any trouble to install it.
« Subject to editing »

Søren

I'm retired from the forum

Cornflower MM

Hey James, why can't we upload profile pictures from our computers anymore? That's rather annoying, to be honest.

James Gryphon

Technically, we never could on this forum.

As far as why... I'm honestly not sure. When the option was available, it claimed to be uploading correctly, but the pictures never appeared on either the server or the forum. That's why I took it down, because it didn't work.

I did promise I'd look into it, so I suppose I will. That said, I'm not sure how important it is if the real old forum will be back pretty soon. Also, the fix might involve upgrading the server -- in which case, I think we'll likely have to live without it, 'cuz I'm not sure it's worth paying for something that will be irrelevant so soon.
« Subject to editing »