News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Robin Hood RP

Started by Faiyloe, September 29, 2015, 02:03:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faiyloe

The Trees of Altwood towered high over head their full green leaves waving about in the cool breeze. The sun filtered through the patchwork canopy making dancing shapes of warmth and color on the ground. Grass grew sparsely about the trunks of trees and moss made its way up the bark. Wild flowers clustered together in patches all about the forest floor and the bees buzzed about them busily.

There was a rustle, crash, and shouting of a pursuit and then a green clad hooded figure burst through the clearing, a sack slung over it's shoulder, with three angry guards close behind. It jumped over a fallen tree and ducked under and adjacent branch, around a corner and slid down a steep  embankment where a shabby young Rabbit hid in waiting. It tossed him the sack and then turned around pulling out it's bow to face it's pursuers. Three arrow flew threw the air and chopped off the whiskers of two of the pursuers and bounced off the thirds mettle helmet.

OOC: Aright so the fun begins.  ;D any of Robins band can be involved in this little action packed opening, (Well really anyone can be involved).

I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

LT Sandpaw

A cool breeze fluttered though the forest trees as a rather humbly dressed hedgehog walked along. He ambled slowly around brambles seemingly checking each step with his footpaws' before moving on. He whistled softly enjoying the pleasant quiet of the woodlands. He was Avis Al'tune, traveling bard and entertainer who had come into the service of the infamous Robin Hood.

A fat bumblebee buzzed near his nose wiggled about, its wings making a pleasant buzzing sound. Avis smiled and swept off his hat bowing to the yellow and black creature. The hedgehog while extremely witty, but was short of mental focus and had completely forgotten what he was actually doing in Altwood. Never the less he didn't let the knowledge that he had forgotten something important bother him and enjoyed the simple company of a bee.

"Fine day my chubby little friend, as you might have noticed I am nary flower nor hive, however I might have an acceptable substitute." Digging into one of his many pockets Avis produced a small slice of honeycake which he presented to his bee friend with a flourish.

Piiiiiiinng

The obvious sound of metal and arrow colliding brought all of the hedgehog's memories back. Leaping into the air he waddled forward abandoning both bee and cake in his rush. "My apologies Robin I will be in position post haste." He declared to himself and the surrounding woodlands.

OOC: Feel free to PP Avis a little so it works with whatever you have planned.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Gonff the Mousethief

OOC: I'm probably wrong, but the rabbit is Midge right?

BIC: Midge held tightly on the sack and scurried away as Robin was shooting. When he felt a safe enough distance back (yet still in a close enough radius to Robin), the rabbit scrambled in some bushes, waiting for his leader to treck back that way, with the coast clear.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Faiyloe

OOC: Yup, And LT That was brilliant. XD

BIC:
The pursuers halted in there tracks, there was a pause but nothing happened, "Where's Avis?" The green Clad figure muttered under it's breath. Then the guards where moving again and then, Twang, Thwup, Whip, Fwump! A net came up out from under the dead leaves and snared the pursuers, all except one, a weasel, The net had missed him. He came charging at the thief with a new zeal and knocked it to the ground. They both wen't tumbling down the hill and came to a stop at the bottom of the hill, The hood had fallen back in the fall and revealed a female otter, the one posted on many wanted posters all over the Northlands, Robin Springs or as some now called her, Robin Hood.

"Hello, fancy meeting you all the way out here," She said kicking the weasel in the chin as he was starting to get up. He fell back on his face and grabbed Robins foot as she tried to get up. She kicked him again, he let go and she rolled out of reach and scrambled to her feet.

"Avis you missed one! Plan B!"

OOC: FYI there never was a Plan B.  ;D (oh and the trap was supposed to be triggered by Avis  ;)

LT Sandpaw

The country hedgehog looked down at the rope in his paws then back across at the two creatures he had snared. They were both struggling an cursing violently in the tough vine meshes. Tipping his cap to the two trapped creatures he bowed and then ambled down the hill rushing towards his fellow bandit brandishing his lute like a club.

"I'm terribly sorry Miss Robin for I have completely forgotten plan B!" Rushing down the hill Avis came down on the weasel who was struggling to rise. Swinging down with all the force he could muster Avis ploughed his lute into the back of the soldiers head.

Ker-Plunk!

The weasel collapsed again while Avis fussed over his prized possession having forgotten the beast he had just brained in concern for his instrument.

"Ohohoh I dented you, ah don't cry pappy will fix you up just right my dear flower."

~*~*~*~*~

Much further south and west a lone traveler walked along a dusty path. He was a stalwart ferret with a pleasant young face, and a black overcoat. He walked with a swagger that marked a self-confident beast and a creature that knew how to handle himself. His black boots kicked at the occasional stone and his paw clipped more then one flower. With roving black eyes he scanned the distant castle and town, one of the first large established settlements he had come across in the north.

Ripping apart a oak leaf with his paws the ferret continued his walk, glad the path was taking him towards the castle. His last couple attempts at foresting had ended up in him getting lost, he had risked several berries to eat and had narrowly avoided being poisoned. To top it all off he had yet to find a stream bursting its banks with gold. As of yet Luis had nothing to convince him that inland was any better then the ocean. Making a mental note to strangle the old vole mariner that had woven such extravagant tales of the northlands Luis marched on eager to ask those at the town the way to the eastern ocean.

OOC: I hope what Avis did was okay

Faiyloe

OOC: Perfectly alright.  ;D

BIC:

Robin coughed and brushed herself off, "Plan B, improvise, which you did quite nicely, and don't call me miss, It makes me feel old," She said as she grabbed the unconscious weasel and dragging him over to a tree she proceeded to tie him up, but only after she had looted him of his boots sword and helmet. She then glanced over at there Avis was fondling his Lute. "Perhaps we should reinforce that thing with mettle," She said tying the last knot, "Now, Lets skedaddle before those two get lose,"   

LT Sandpaw

"Quite right M'dear, skedaddling is the proper term for what we are about to do. So now, which way did young master Midge go?" The quirky hedgehog slipped his prized lute over his shoulder resting it against his back-spikes. The cloth nestled into the indention that had been worn away on Avis's shoulder from long seasons of carrying the instrument around. He glared at the unknowledgeable Robin touching the lute with a loving paw.

"You may as well know Mis- er I mean young Robin that a metal casing will change the gentle tone of a lute to a more raspy sound. Unfortunately so will a dent, I suppose instead of changing the structure of my dear flower I should refrain from whacking hooligan weasels with skull's like rocks over the head. If I am right to say so. Hmph."

Gonff the Mousethief

Midge heard foot steps nearing him, so the rabbit peaked out and saw just who be expected: Robin and Avis. He rustled out of his hiding spot and held the bag out infront of the otter.
"Here you are! I'm guessing Avis did his job correctly then eh?"
The cheeky youngster winked over to Avis upon finishing, leaving his hand tightly together behind his back.
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

Faiyloe

"Well I am rather grateful that you did bring yourself to whack that hooligan, Besides he had some rather nice boots," Robin said cheerfully, holding up the weasels looted boots. "There you are, Midge," She added coming upon the Rabbit and taking the sack from him.

"Something of the kind," She said in response to Midge's remark about Avis'es promptness, or lack of it. She then opened up the sack and looked inside, It was filled half full of gold coins, "Perfect The rest of the boys 'll be happy to see this," She said tossing the rest of the loot into the sack along with the gold.   

LT Sandpaw

"He may have some trouble walking home without his boots." Avis pointed out as he tried to peer into the sack that Robin now possessed. He scratched his headspikes knocking his cap askew. "I preformed impeccably with all the possible promptness I could manage, and I only missed one of the blighters." Patting Midge on the back Avis pulled his pipe out of its pouch and played a improvised tune on it having forgotten the close proximity of their pursuers.

"Oh we met a stoat and weasel or two,

Out on the path, oh what to do?

Well I trussed them up,

Till they were quite stuck...

But the last was such a lout,

So I gave him quite a clout!"

The hedgehog bowed to his two companions sweeping off his cap. Then remembering them he blew a few more notes on his pipe and sang out, "And they helped tooooo."

Faiyloe

Robin grind at the feather brained hedgehogs antics, but there was also the urgent matter of escape at hand. She tugged at Avis'es sleeve and said "Skedaddling,?" To remind him. She then started off at a jog deeper into Altwood.

Hickory

Jack leaned against a tree in the forest, picking his teeth with his dagger after his latest meal. The faint sounds of battle reached him. Must be that Robin Hood, he thought, and started to head in her direction.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Gonff the Mousethief

Midge grinned at Avis's small ballad. "You're one of a kind Avis. Righto!" and with that he hurried along with Robin, hammer in paw. It truly did seem great being an outlaw, and part of band, especially when there were days like this one!
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

LT Sandpaw

The musician blinked, then remembering what they were supposed to be doing he replaced his pipe in its pouch and took of after Robin. He wasn't so much the young and swift however he could run with the best of them and his paws smacked the earth resolutely. And while he lacked memory and running skill Avis was sure pawed and rather capable on his paws.

"I do agree young Midge, I am certainly one of a kind." He joked.

OOC: Hey just so you guys know I might not be very active over the weekend, life and the like.

Faiyloe

Robin and her crew returned to camp with empty bellies and full pockets. Robin threw the sack down next to a tree and fell down on top of it using it as a set, "So who's turn is it to make dinner," She asked with a grin. 

Several hours latter the three guards came slinking back into town a rather bedraggled bunch and with no money.

"Think we should tell the sheriff?" One of them asked