News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Mossflower Book.

Started by Vilu Daskar, October 30, 2015, 08:34:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vilu Daskar

I was looking at The Redwall book covers on Redwall Wiki and found out I have The Collectors Edition of Mossflower. http://redwall.wikia.com/wiki/File:Mossflowercollectors.jpg
Does anyone else have special edition books?

I found it at a used book store if you were wondering.
Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

The Skarzs

I have that cover, but not in hardback. Didn't think it was anything special.
I do have the US original print for the first three books, though.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Ashleg

Well, I have a signed book, so that might be considered special.  ;D
*sighs*
...But no, it's not like that, though I've seen those before and they look really cool.

Captain Tammo

Wow that looks pretty fancy!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Vilu Daskar

Quote from: Ashleg on October 31, 2015, 01:06:17 AM
*sighs*
...But no, it's not like that, though I've seen those before and they look really cool.
Mine has a signature but we're not sure if it's printed or actually signed.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Ashleg

If you touch it does it feel flat? If it's kind of indented then it's probably real, and I'm pretty sure he always used a blue pen (at least in the books I've seen)

Vilu Daskar

I think it's printed, it's not blue, feels flat, and it's a collectors edition so I wouldn't be surprised if they all have a printed signature.

Ashleg

Vilu Daskar

At least I'll know what his signature looks like in case I ever need to forge it.

Ashleg

Gonff the Mousethief

Yes, I have a signed one as well, and it did come with a certificate of authirization, plus it is identical to other signatures of BJ.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Vilu Daskar

Jewel Thief

Quote from: Vilu Daskar on October 31, 2015, 03:48:56 PM
Quote from: Ashleg on October 31, 2015, 01:06:17 AM
*sighs*
Mine has a signature but we're not sure if it's printed or actually signed.

Same problem here, actually! I've got the three-book, special edition of Redwall. Not sure if the signature is real or printed. P:
Hey Jewel thief where do you get, all those silver pistols?
Hey Jewel thief where do you get, all those arrowheads?

Vilu Daskar

Jewel Thief

Quote from: Vilu Daskar on November 10, 2015, 08:26:55 PM
Which books?
Redwall, the first book. My version's been divided into three mini-books.
Hey Jewel thief where do you get, all those silver pistols?
Hey Jewel thief where do you get, all those arrowheads?