News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Overlord's Orders XVII

Started by Izeroth, October 31, 2015, 01:11:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SilentSam

*sighs* I'll play, even though I doubt I'll make it far.
;D~~~~Silent~~~~Sam~~~~Squirrel~~~ ;D
HEHE!

I AM SAM ;D
Cicha sam jest najlepszym redwall znaków!

Matthias720

It's been a while. I'll take a crack at it.

James Gryphon

A legend returns!

If Daniel gets here, that'll be half of the old gang back.
« Subject to editing »

Matthias720

I don't know if I'm that legendary. That is quite flattering though. Thanks!

Hickory

I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Skyblade

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Cornflower MM

Can I try? Let's see how far I get before you wordy people trample me. Heh.

LT Sandpaw

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Lady Ashenwyte

The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

DanielofRedwall

I'd love to return once again if it is not too late.
Received mostly negative reviews.

Izeroth

At the end of the castle's greatroom, illuminated in the dim light of candles, stood a polished marble throne. On the throne sat a tall, thin figure, his narrowed eyes gazing contemplatively at the twelve visitors.

The Overlord spoke, addressing the servants in an almost casual voice. "Welcome to my fortress, servants. It's a little off the beaten path, I admit, but it suits our purposes well enough. Now, without further ado-"

He removed a remote control from the pocket of his grey trench coat, pointing it at the wall to activate a holographic display of the fortress' dungeon.

"Over years of neglect and disinterest, my dungeon has become filled with all sorts of unsavory magical creatures. They damage the decor, eat through the insulation, and keep me awake with their annoying howls and shrieks. Despite the best efforts of my exterminators, these vicious beasts have tenaciously resisted removal."

"Your task is simple: enter my dungeon and eliminate all of the goblins, ghouls and other various pests that have taken up residence there. I don't particularly care what method you choose to complete this task; just see to it that every last creature is removed."

The Overlord paused, remembering one more important detail. "Also, make sure that you don't touch any of the experimental technology I've stored down there. It's very unstable, and using it without proper training could result in an unfortunate accident."

---

Five hours later...

The Overlord leaned back on his throne, casting a glance at the staticky hologram display before shutting it off.

"An entire afternoon has left us, and yet the hordes of enchanted scum remain. There doesn't appear to have been any dent made in their numbers or effectiveness whatsoever; if anything, you've only emboldened the fiends in their quest to drive me insane."

"Unfortunately, your incompetence did not end there. Despite the sign clearly stating that it is not a toy, you activated an inter-dimensional portal device I had been working on. Several of my favorite tapestries now reside on a different plane of existence, defying the laws of time and space."

"While I can't say that I'm completely surprised by your conduct, it disappoints me that my servants would fail such a simple mission. I require an explanation as to what went wrong."

Vilu Daskar

Well your Overlordship it's really quite simple. I being the only one qualified for leadership took charge as soon as we got to the dungeon. I had a brilliant plan in mind for what to to, the only problem is, one mistake could have ruined it and it did. I gave that job to the older responsible Matthias and do you know what he did? He goofed off instead of doing his job. I don't know what happened with the machine, ask Sandpaw.
Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

LT Sandpaw

One of the servants, dressed in military fatigues, and wearing a sour glare stepped forward raising his hand.

"M'lord if I might explain. We entered you're dungeons in high spirits and with good moral ready, and willing to clear you're dungeons of every vile pest down there. Me, Skyblade, and James grabbed the nearest nets and started entrapping ghouls, goblins, and elves. Sage Vilu, and Banya snatched up dart guns and started putting trolls werewolves, and witches to sleep. While everyone else grabbed brooms and knocked out all the little annoy creatures. Everyone that is except Mr. Ashen and Mr. Sam. They contended themselves with as they put it, supervising."

"After about thirty minutes I came to the realization that we weren't getting very far. There was far to many creatures running around wildly. Calling a halt to the proceedings I requested ideas from my fellows. James suggested using a giant vacuum, however as Daniel pointed out we had no access to one. Matthias observed we might shoot all the creatures, however as the good Lady Amber pointed out we had no where near enough fire power."

"Then of course Cornflor had the brilliant idea, and I use brilliant sarcastically' of using you're inter dimensional portal to suck away all the vile magical vermin. Everyone agreed that it was indeed an idea that might work. Sage made the point that we had been strictly told not to touch those items, I myself backed Sage saying we should find another way. However James made it clear that we really had no other option, saying you and Sage could go back to catching the creatures in nets while they got rewarded for clearing them out with the portal."

"Well me and Sage did just that, snatching up as many as we could, Skyblade feeling sorry for us joined in, though she did encourage the others. So Sam being the most technically inclined jumped onto the controls and fired up the portal. Now I must admit he was quite adept and sucked in nearly a hundred creatures. But then Ashen and Mathias began complaining they wanted a turn."

"Vilu attempted to take charge right then, however he was ignored and a three way battle began over the controls. And well... What happened next is rather self explanatory. The portal itched a sleeping dragon who set fire to some of the other machines. A load of random stuff got sucked into the portal, and we barley made it out with our lives with a pack of furious magical creatures at our heels."

Stepping back Sandpaw bowed, before going to the position of parade rest.

Vilu Daskar

OOC: You just contradicted me Sand.
Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

LT Sandpaw