News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Triangular Trivia

Started by James Gryphon, November 01, 2015, 12:04:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jetthebinturong

I'm going to say A) a paperclip.

Also I feel asking questions that relate to non-celebrity's personal lives is unfair, since we can't possibly know the answer.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Vilu Daskar

Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

James Gryphon

@Vilu: Unfortunately, A is incorrect. The correct answer is B: Shellfish.

@Jett: Well, I promise you the information is available (it's actually on the forum, in several places). It just takes either a very good memory, or bit of searching to find it.

That said, I understand the difficulty scale is wonky; that's what happens when I come up with these off the top of my head. Hopefully it'll get better as I get more practice.

Third question, for 6 points.

Which of these is the most played descendant of Chaturanga (an ancient Chess-like game)?
A: Janggi (Korean Chess)
B: Xiangqi (Chinese Chess)
C: Chess (Western Chess)
D: Shogi (Japanese Chess)
« Subject to editing »

Hickory

I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

James Gryphon

@Sage: All right, here's your first question.

In the classic game TIE Fighter, how many laser hits does it take to destroy a standard TIE Interceptor?
A: 2
B: 4
C: 6
D: 10
« Subject to editing »

Hickory

I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Vilu Daskar

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Jetthebinturong

"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

James Gryphon

@Sage: Correct.

Second question, for 3 points.

Which podracing course notably featured a space slug?
A: Phoebos Memorial Run
B: The Nightlands
C: Executioner
D: Boonta Eve Classic

@Vilu: All right, for 1 point, here you go:

Which of these characters did Ublaz fail to hypnotize?
A: Abbot Durral
B: Romsca
C: Martin II
D: Lask Frildur

@Jett: FIDE estimated the number of Chess players in the world at about 605 million, which is quite a lot. However, B: Xiangqi is ubiquitous in China. It seems difficult to get exact numbers for it online (from an English-speaking source, at least), but it is quoted as being the "people's game" (not unlike Checkers used to be in the United States), and it's said that half the population knows how to play the game. Half of the population of China is larger than 605m, so Xiangqi gets the nod here.
« Subject to editing »

Skyblade

A. Nothing Else Matters

(This could very well be a trick question, but I couldn't find anything at all for the other choices)

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Kitsune

I would like to play, if that is fine. I noticed that you only had five players (if that was not enough of a hand full. ;) ).

Vilu Daskar

James Gryphon

@Sky: That's correct. As you might've found out, the song is prominently featured in and plays at the beginning of the Dallas Stars' Cup Rewind video.

Here's your fourth question, for 10 points.

What weapon did Saltar claim his brother Bludrigg could have beaten Gabool with in Mariel of Redwall?
A: A curved sword
B: A cooking ladle
C: A stick
D: An old, rusty knife

@Vilu: Correct; here's your second question for 3 points.

On the "Get this to 1000 pages" topic, which of these numbers did I not state the forum had to "post so many pages a day"?
A: 16.666666666667
B: 15
C: 17
D: 20

@PluggFiretail: All right; here's your first question, for 1 point.

Although the exact number of Kotir's finest (to my knowledge) isn't stated, about how many troops might one guess Tsarmina Greeneyes commanded in Mossflower?
A: 300
B: 500
C: 600
D: 1,000
« Subject to editing »

Kitsune

James Gryphon

As Tsarmina reigned as the Queen of the Thousand Eyes, that seems a reasonable guess.

Here's your second question, for 3 points.

Which of these sci-fi characters, by the second definition on this page, was a cyborg?
A: Luke Skywalker
B: Captain Kirk
C: Doctor Who
D: Andrew Martin
« Subject to editing »