News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Mountain of the Fire Lizard

Started by Groddil, November 16, 2015, 01:10:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Groddil

Lord Stripepaw of Salamandastron gazed out of his bedroom window. The badger squinted into the distance. His eyes widened at the sight of a fleet of ships. There had to be twoscore ships, all large, propelled by both sails and oarslaves. He bared his teeth. Searats and Corsairs!
"Frivelaw! Send someone to fetch the captains and get in here!"
The roar shook the regal bedchambers as the badger fixated his dark eyes on the corsair ships, slowly drawing closer. Something had to be done!

Ashleg

IC-
Snipper's head appeared around the door.
He wiggled his ears and grinned sheepishly at the badger lord.
"What is it, Lord Stripepaw Sah? I heard your voice down the hall and back! And it must still be echoin' in my brain, wot wot..."

--

Yakkpar the Cruel pranced about on deck, grinning evilly when he realized how close they were to the mountain.
He picked at his golden tooth and leapt up near the steersrat. Smirking, he pointed at the mountain.
"Haharr, d'you see that? That mountain, the hill o' the burning frog or whatever they call it, is goin' ta be all mine!"

OOC-
The hill of the burning frog...Run run, it's another Gabool!

Groddil

Stripepaw smiled at his Captain-In-Training.
"I knew someone would hear me. As a matter of fact, I was looking for you. Go find Frivelaw and Cloverpaw. Bring them back here quickly, there's vermin on the coast. A score of ships...We need a Council of War!"

Something sharp thudding into the deck at Yakkpar's footpaw signaled the arrival of his most trusted and ruthless assassin: an undersized weasel named Minstrellio Stabberticus Akralta Chennelo Zalkazaz Quenellan Brillbon Ygdrassill Wempadolup Robert Pulmenjay, known simply as Mister Stabby because nobeast could be bothered remembering his name. Dancing madly around his captain he plucked the throwing dagger from the deck and stabbed it into the mast.
"Oh...Mister Stabby 'eard of that mountain afore. Big stripedogs, kill everybeast who goes near. Mister Stabby want to go slice chop chop on stripedogs. Give 'em a lick o' their own medicine!"
The weasel grabbed the dagger again and shoved it into his belt, amidst other knives. Pulling on spiked knuckles he clambered up the mast to the crow's nest. Mister Stabby punched the lookout on his nose, drawing blood from the stunned ferret's face. He gave a cackle and pushed the ferret lookout from the crow's nest, who smashed head first into the churning waves. Mister Stabby took a spyglass from the edge of the nest and peered through it at Salamandastron. He was in the middle of making calculations on how far away they were when his insanity kicked in. The weasel threw the spyglass at the next ship to starboard, where it crashed on the deck and shattered.
"Much better. Looking-Tube not good 'til smashed and sharp. Then can be used for STABBING!"
Mister Stabby squeezed his fists and slid back down the mast.

OOC: Finally, my first certifiably insane character! And yes, he does kill random crewmembers, but that's just part of the charm!

Ashleg

Snipper nodded.
"I will get them, Sah, and excuse me askin', but what if the vermin actually don't want to attack? Captain whoever might just march out here and ask, "How about we make an alliance, Sir Stripepaw?" I know 'tis a low chance, but it could happen. Don't judge a beast before you meet him, that's what my old uncle used to say."

--

Yakkpar didn't move or flinch, but if you could cringe just by getting a certain look in your eyes then that was certainly what happened when he heard the sickening splash made by the ferret as Mister Stabby pushed him to his death. He pretended like he didn't notice.
"Hah, well they can't kill us, 'cause we'll get t' 'em first! I've never seen a stripedog b'fore, but I've heard lots of tales about what they 'kin do. It's all rubbish, probably made up by some old granny t' scare 'er young'ns."

Groddil

Stripepaw glared at the approaching fleet.
"I doubt it. Despite the size of those ships, they're going too fast to be propelled by wind alone. See those oars? I doubt the crew of the ships are the ones pulling them. Those ships are slave ships, mark my words. Even if they aren't, it would be best to have the mountain defended. I'll wager my warhammer they aren't friendly."

Ashleg

Snip was appalled. He yanked his ears down past his chin so he could better express how he felt. "Aw no, slave ships? That's horrible! Terrible, awful. Why would they want to do that t' anybeast?"

Groddil

Stripepaw gripped the huge warhammer.
"Aye. Those scumbags'll have their skulls crushed if they try to attack here. Methinks if they are slavers we attack 'em anyway, free those poor beasts. Find the others, quick!"

Hickory

Frivelaw M. Jumper II was enjoying himself a fine cup of mint tea when the saucer rattled against the table in a wrecking ball of sound. Scowling, he looked down at the tea stain on his Long Patrol uniform. "Well, m'lads," he said to the other lower ranking and younger officers at his table, "'Is Nibs would like me in the tower. I assume that means he wants Cloverpaw as well. G'day!"

Muttering to himself about the condition of his uniform, he hurried off in the direction of his room. Along the way, he knocked at te door of Cloverpaw. "Hi, anybeast home?"
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

LT Sandpaw

OOC: Frivelaw is a Colonel right? If not just say so and I'll fix it.

BIC:

At Frivelaw's knocking there was a moment of silence then somebeast inside clicked the lock, and pulled the door open. Sergeant Cloverpaw, was at the moment out of uniform. Instead she wore a sleeveless tunic belted with a green ribbon, and around her ears was a purple sweat band. The hare stank slightly, clearly having just worked out, and on her shoulders, ridding happily was her younger brother Clius.

Her eyes widening in surprise Cloverpaw snapped to attention, the best she could with her brother on her shoulders. Following up with a salute. Clius attempted to copy her, placing his paw across his forehead in a youthful salute.

"G'morning sah, how can I help you wot?"

~*~*~*~*~*~

Claws clicking on the hardwood deck, and his tail scrapping along behind him, the imposing Sanvista stepped in behind his captain. The cold expressionless eyes showed no emotion at Stabby's antics, and the scaled face was frozen in a eternal calm. He was unarmed, though anybeast would think twice before attacking the lizard, his talons, and teeth just as dangerous. Stepping up beside Yakkpar the lizard's talons curled around the ships railing.

"Ordersssss Capitan sssssir?" His voice was a tenor monotone, broken only by the drawn out S in his speech.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Groddil

OOC: He is, yes.

BIC: Mister Stabby was delighted. He just loved it when Sanvista showed up. Creeping up behind the lizard, Stabby whispered in whatever it was that lizards called ears.
"Sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss."
Mister Stabby cackled and backed off, trodding on Sanvista's tail by mistake.

Faiyloe

Avella walked smoothly across the deck her tail swishing behind her. She took on an air of superiority and looked down her nose at Stabberticus, she refused to call him by that ridiculous nickname. 

"The winds are rich today, I hear you have plans for a profitable enterprise," She said coming to stand by Yakkpar's side.
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Hickory

OOC: actually, he's Long Patrol commander.

BIC: Frivelaw grinned at the hare on the sergeant's shoulder before speaking. "M'Lord wants us in is room pronto! Let's get a move on, shall we?"
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

LT Sandpaw

OOC: Aye, but what rank is he? Also commander is a navy rank, equivalent to a colonel.

BIC:

"Right away sah, give me two ticks wot." Cloverpaw dropped her salute, and reached up plucking Clius from her shoulders. Placing the little hare down, she shoved him back into the room.

"Go play Clius, n' be good wot. I'll be back in a jiffy."

"M'kay sis," Clius squeaked before racing off to go collect his toys. Walking out into the passage the hare sergeant nodded to Frivelaw, falling into position on his left side.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Groddil

OOC: I used Commander as a sort of defining basic term on the OOC page, but the technical rank is Colonel. Must change that.

Ashleg

Yakkpar nodded to Sanvista.
"Yes, get Stabby out o' here an' get somebeast t' start lowering th' anchor. We'll be at land soon."