Mountain of the Fire Lizard

Started by Groddil, November 16, 2015, 01:10:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Groddil

Mister Stabby was visibly shocked.
"Get Mister Stabby out o' here? You insult Mister Stabby! How can Mister Stabby slice chop chop if Mister Stabby not here?"
The weasel kicked his footpaw and threw one of his knives to the adjacent ship. A passing rat noticed the dagger whizzing towards him and ducked. The rat pulled the knife from the mast where it had came to rest and shouted across the gap of water.
"Hey, weasel! Ye tryin' t'kill me or somthink? I'll git yew fer that you scummy little..."
The rat threw the knife at Mister Stabby, but lacking the weasel's skill, the blade flew towards Yakkpaw instead. Stabby grabbed the knife from the air when it was a hair's breadth away from the captain, and winked at him.
"That's mutiny, aren't it chief?"
Mister Stabby tutted and grabbed two more knives from his belt. Gathering the three blades in his paw and thrust his wrist and sent them over the gap between the two ships and slew the rat, who was pinned to the mast. Mister Stabby sobbed and kicked the deck again.
"Now Mister Stabby be short three knifes, chief! Mister Stabby hate mutineers who try'n kill chief, but can they jump inta tha ocean or somethin' so I don't 'ave to waste me stabbin' tools?"

Ashleg

Yakkpar's eye twitched.
"Or, you could...um...Save yer stabbin' tools for somebeast who was actually, truly tryin' t' kill me. I'm glad ye stopped th' dagger, but he wasn't tryin' to kill me, see."

Groddil

"Me, you, same diff. Stupid rat going around throwing knives at everyone, murderin' crewmembers."
Mister Stabby huffed.
"It makes me MAD! I need to go stab someone!"
The weasel trudged off to his cabin, between the Captain's and the First Mate's.

Lady Ashenwyte

Io stared at the massive mountain in awe. In all of his murderous seasons he had never seen anything like it. He patted the head of an otter on his belt. "Now this has been quite a journey, hasn't it, Delk? Let's see if that corsair with that Stabber fellow is half as fearsome as he thinks he is." He then sat on a dune and played a sad tune on his harp.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Hickory

OOC: Short, meaningless time skip.

BIC: Frivelaw knocked on the door of Stripepaw's chamber. "M'Lord? Colonel Jumper and Sergeant Coverpaw reporting."
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Lady Ashenwyte

The Pine Marten had run out of tunes to play, so he sauntered up to the Salamandastron gates and knocked thrice.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

LT Sandpaw

"Yesss Capitan," Ambling slowly across the deck Sanvista made a silent motion to two searats standing on watch. They rushed over, not wanting to keep the dangerous lizard waiting. Keeping any of the ships' leadership waiting was a death sentence, and if Sanvista or Yakkpar didn't kill them, the insane weasel assassin would.

"Aye, sir?" Both rats chanted rushing up tugging their ears in a salute. Sanvista pointed once at the starboard anchor cable, then towards the other ships. The two rats understanding the silent order rushed to the starboard and port railing shouting across the gap between both ships. Suddenly vermin were rushing about the decks, shouting to the ships further away. Moments later the sails were being trimmed, and pirates stood ready beside the anchor cables.

Sanvista stalked back over to Yakkpar cold eyes fixed on his captain. "Capitan, the sssship sssitss ready, to preform yer orderssss.

~*~*~*~*~*~

"Wot ho Colonel sah, maybe his Nibs changed his mind wot." The hare sergeant standing stiffly at attention angled her eyes slightly to look at Frivelaw. "Lord Stripepaw has been know to blinking well do so before." She paused shifting on her footpaws. "Do you now why he wants us sah? Mayhap we did something wrong wot."

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Groddil

"Ah, there you are. Come in, take a look through the window. Slavers and Corsairs, not far offshore. We need plans. We need the mountain defended and ready for when they land, just in case."
The Badger Lord gripped the huge warhammer. Somebeast was knocking at the gates. He turned to the Captains.
"Can one of you go answer that?"
He turned to Frivelaw.
"Colonel, you've been here longer than me. What did you do last time pirates attacked?"

Hickory

The hare leaned on the windowsill. "Well, sah, not many pirates attacked the mountain. We just set up traps - Sleepers and wooden stakes and such. Once they passed those, archers sniped the blighters and we sent out the defense force. Not much else. We'd have to wait for them to land before we could engage in combat. Unless, sah, you've a better idea."

Groddil

"Actually, I do. We'll combine our plans. Colonel, go carry out your plan. Cloverpaw, get word around the entire mountain and organize archers. Snipper, I have something for you."
The badger set aside the warhammer and held a large scroll out towards the Captain-in-Training.

Hickory

Frivelaw saluted before leaving the room. A quick trot down the stairs brought him to another door in the main hallway. He knocked. "Corporal?"

The door opened and Runner Corporal Sundash stood across the threshold. "MMmmmm... sah! Corporal Sundash reporting, sah!"

Frivelaw chuckled. "Get the runner together and prepare for a front assualt to defend against. Sleepers, stakes, the lot."

The corporal saluted and ran off.

Ashleg

Snipper's ears drooped when he saw the scroll.
"Don't tell me I have t' write a poem on that, Sah?" He moaned. "I thought you all knew by now how I feel about writin' blasted poetry..." Suddenly he laughed sheepishly.
"....Unless that's not what I have t'do and there's something great on that scroll, like battle plans or a map? Because then for sure you can count me in, wot wot!"

--

Yakkpar watched as they approached the beaches.
"Good, now...Alright, tell 'em t' drop the anchors here. Then file out an' meet me on the beach. Five beasts can stay on each ship to watch it."

Groddil

Lord Stripepaw nodded and thrust the scroll into Snipper's paws.
"You're right, Snipper. It's a map to the camp of the Guosim; the Guerilla Union of Shrews in Mossflower. If we have to fight off these pirates, we'll need all the help we can get. I don't know how you're going to get them to follow you, but you could appeal to how much they love a good fight. You'll need to be fast, those pirates are breathing down our necks. Oh, and Snipper? Could you find out who's at the gate when you leave? Send them up to me."

Lady Ashenwyte

Io was getting impatient. He knocked again, thrice.

Hickory

Frivelaw returned to the officer's hall after dismissing Sundash with his orders. The runner would do a fine job of getting the other soldiers ready, but he need the officers. Strolling through the doors, he caught a newly promoted leiutenant hurrying through the door.

"I say, you have a far better voice than me. Could you yell somethin' out to these blinkin' foodfaces?"