News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Mountain of the Fire Lizard

Started by Groddil, November 16, 2015, 01:10:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LT Sandpaw

"Atten-Hup, stand ready chaps hold them bows straight, eyes front. Left-Face! Inspect the hare in front of you, make sure they have full quivers, n' waxed bowstrings. Keep them eyes front Ruepie, no looking about at attention. All set? Right-Face! Alright you've been briefed on you're window station's, you're keeping the blighters heads down wot. Make you're shots count chaps, good luck wot."

Cloverpaw saluted the double line of archers who saluted back before breaking off. They rushed about, some going up the mountain, others going down. Cloverpaw hefted her own bow, checking the fencing sword at her side. In the short time she had, the sergeant had changed into her uniform. The purple regimental jacket's buttons glimmering in the mountain hall.
Trotting off down the halls Cloverpaw vanished into the mountain heading for the crater top.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Waving a talon Sanvista signaled for the rats at the anchors. They responded instantly releasing the heavy anchor, sending it spinning into the depths. There was still a stretch of water between them, and the beach, though that didn't bother the pirates much.

"Asssemble on deck ye foolssss, board the boatssss!." Sanvista roared surprisingly loud for a creature that remained so silent. Similar summoning's were happening on the other ships, and very soon vermin packed the decks.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Hickory

Sundash raced up the stairs to where Cloverpaw was. Barely sweating, the hare breathed once before talking. "Sergeant sah, main ground forces ready to defend, just lettin' you know, sah."

He disappeared back down the hallway.

Finished with his task, Frivelaw left the officers to get to their troops. A good command is what he needed.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Groddil

Ashleg

OOC-
Sorryyyy! :o
IC-
Snipper fidgeted nervously.
"Wait, so I have t' go off alone to find some shrews? Can I have a partner that's older then me so my chance of gettin' kidnapped by vermin shrinks?"

Yakkpar nodded in satisfaction.
"Give it a minute or two, then when we're close enough we can get off."

Groddil

The Badger Lord nodded absent-mindedly.
"Sure, sure. Find someone else and get going on the double. Oh, and check the gate please."

Ashleg

"Yes Sah."
Snipper nodded and stepped out into the corridor.
Who would he ask?
"Somebeast feel like acompanying a young hare to find some shrews?"

Lady Ashenwyte

Io got even more impatient, and knocked as hard as he could, again, thrice.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Hickory

Sundash impatiently halted at the door at the sound of the knock. "I say, who's at the bally door?"

Lady Ashenwyte

"I am the Sea Dragon of Nihon! I request you to open your gates!" He said, before caressing the head of an otter.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Hickory

Sundash slid open the viewslot on the huge oaken door. "Oh. One of you blighters. Do you intend to kill us, because if you do, then you should leave right this bally moment."

Lady Ashenwyte

"Not really. One of my crew is on the fleet sailing towards you right now, and you may need some help." He said.

Hickory

Sundash smirked. "And, pray tell an old chap, how does one mouse wih an otter's head help us?"

Lady Ashenwyte

"I'm not really a mouse, am I? Well, shock value, I suppose. Plus, me repeater crossbow never fails to hit." He raised his repeater crossbow to show the hare.

Hickory

The runner glanced at it. "Oh. Well. Just a moment, please."

The hare backed away from the viewslot. He'd need to talk to an officer about this before he even contemated letting the beast in. Sundash ran off towards the officers mess.

Groddil

Lord Stripepaw himself was eating in the officers mess. He often liked to be amongst his officers to see what their plans were for improving security on the mountain. He saw Sundash enter the mess.
"Sundash, what is it? You look like you've been living up to your namesake recently."

A tall hare passing Snipper heard the commotion. This was General Marshalpaw himself. (No sign up sheet, info I'll just put here) Wearing a crimson tunic decorated with medals for his performance in the campaign three seasons ago where he had saved Lord Stripaw's life. As a result, he was a hero of Salamandastron and was the first general since Dotti in the time of Lord Brocktree.
"I'll go with you, sonny. Don't say anything to Lord Stripepaw, but I'm sick o' bein' cooped up in this Mountain. Lets get geared up an' go, wot?"