Redwall Abbey Community Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New to the forum? Check out the Official Redwall Abbey Community Forum Rules.

Pages: [1]   New

Author Topic: Tougher Vermin?  (Read 133 times)

Vilu Daskar

• Abbey Gatekeeper
  • Join now. rovl.org/vi
    • View Profile
Tougher Vermin?
« on: December 25, 2015, 04:24:55 AM »

Does it seem like vermin might have been tougher in Redwall to anyone else? Apparently it's a big deal that Cluny killed a ferret, but in the other books no one would have cared.
Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Tam and Martin

• Abbey Gardener
  • Back now! Missed you guys!
    • View Profile
Re: Tougher Vermin?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2016, 10:33:40 PM »

That is a good point.

I think it might have been so. As several people have pointed out, the first Redwall book was a start of a long series, thus BJ was figuring everything out that he wanted to include or exclude. That's why we see mentions of the mice having farm animals, and other various flaws. Maybe Brian was planning on having a special ranking for the vermin, ie. maybe rats would be the lowest order and then ferrets, stoats, weasels, and maybe a wearet or a wolverine at the top, I don't know. Kind of like a food chain for animal rankings. Curious thought though. I think as he got more developed in the books, Brian decided to just have them all equal in rank instead of having different leveled classes.

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Pages: [1]   New
Tags: