News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

My miniatures!

Started by Lady Ashenwyte, January 09, 2016, 02:34:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Ashenwyte

Hello all! I acquired a Dark Elf Battalion box in November and I've decided to use them and some spare Chaos Warriors for a massive project.

The Druchii warband once known as 'The Violet Darkness' is a feared force in the Realms, for those under their arms are possessed of a great strength and skill, each seemingly fragile warrior being able to defeat an Orc in unarmed combat. But that is not the true reason for their status, as accompanying them are terrifying daemonic beasts, creatures with draconic face and massive talons, capable of cutting through even Sigmarite. The warband is led by the sorcerer Mallari., and his brother Ceril the Shadowbringer, who serve an entity only known as the Raven, though only the Dark Gods know it's name. Malal.

Here are some pictures.

Spoiler
[close]

Sorry for the fish-like photos, I'll try to get better ones later today.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Jukka the Sling

Ash, your photo isn't showing up, even when I visit the link.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Lady Ashenwyte

The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Jukka the Sling

Oh, now I can see it.  Cool! :)
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Blaggut

Those look great man! I happen to have started assembling my first Skaven units. A blob of Stormvermin/Sturmratten :3

I've got my Champion armed with the pickaxe looking hatchet and a couple of shrunken enemy heads, my standard bearer has the horned rat skull on his flag.
~Just a soft space boi~

Lady Ashenwyte

Thanks for the comments, everybody!

@Blaggy: Skaven? I love Skaven! Good thing the Dark Elves and Skaven are "allies", eh?

Maybe you should start your own thread. Also, are you playing games with them? If so, are you playing Fantasy Battles or Age of Sigmar?

Blaggut

Haven't found anyone to play with, and only have a battalion of Stormvermin :c I assume AoS since its the newest version but the lack of a point system is breaking my brain.

So what made you like Dark Elves? I like Skaven cuz they're numerous, fast, have amazing miniatures, and awesome lore. Like two times faster then humans. I could quote Napoleon a million times, but I'll just do it once:
"There are two main variables of war. Time, and space. I am more concerned with the former, for lost space can always be recovered, but never lost time."
This is why Napoleon lead his armies without supply (wagon) trains, his undoing in The Russian Invasion.

Also when I get an Ikit Claw miniature I'm attaching a Lego Bicorne (Napoleon Hat) to him :D Gnash gnaw their bones!!!

~Gen. Verminapoleon Ratteparte
~Just a soft space boi~

Skyblade

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Lady Ashenwyte

Quote from: Skyblade on January 15, 2016, 01:08:24 AM
Are you still into this? :)

Yep. I didn't do much on them, so when I highlight the mini I'll post pictures. I also almost finished a cultist, so that'll be up soon.

Banya

Ash, those miniatures look great!  That's pretty cool.