News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

League of Legends

Started by Delthion, January 19, 2016, 04:52:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delthion

Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Rusvul

I prefer Heroes of the Storm because it's simpler and more casual. I'm really not a fan of getting yelled at by my team or falling behind my team.

Is there any reason in particular that you prefer LoL to Dota?

Lady Ashenwyte

Never really liked MOBAs anyway. They just don't appeal to me, mostly due to their fast pace.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

LT Sandpaw

I actually came on here thinking this was something someone made for the Leagues to Legends RP.

As for the actual topic, no I've never actually played the game. Is it a tower game or like a World of Warcraft style game?

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Rusvul

No, it's its own style of game. Or, well, no, it's Dota's style of game.

LoL is a third-person isometric game where you play a character moved by mouse clicks. You have a set of abilities you can activate with keys, one of which is your Ultimate, which you unlock during the course of gameplay. The goal is to fight your way past your enemy towers, destroying them as you go, so you can make your way to the enemy's... Keep? Not certain what LoL calls it. Once you destroy your enemy's keep, you win. Once they destroy yours, they win.
   Towers deal a lot of damage to your character, so you have to wait for waves of Minions to push forward to take the fire for you. Enemies have minion waves too, it's important to kill theirs so yours can advance. The game is... 5v5? I'm not certain. It's team based, for sure, with numbers something like that.

I think LoL has some out-of-game element too, but since I don't play I'm not familiar with that bit.

Delthion

Yeah, I had never heard of Dota or whatever it is. I just like LoL and was wondering if anyone here played it because then we could team up. And no, it isn't really fun when people yell at you when your team is falling behind, but that rarely happens to me. Don't know why, but people hardly ever yell at me specifically. And if they yell at someone else, generally I can take care of it. That being said, only three games have I played where people have yelled at other people. And one of those was at the very end. ;D
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.