Just a little novel project I'm working on!

Started by Talinn, January 19, 2016, 04:17:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Talinn

Hey everyone, I figured I would post this here since Redwall was such a big part of my life! I'm working on a novel project in a similar vein to Redwall, and I thought you guys might be interested in following it, or just enjoying the art! It probably won't be done until Q3-Q4 of this year, but I figure I would post the occasional status update here since not too many people are writing safe for work anthropomorphic fantasy these days.

If this looks a bit interesting to you, I can post the Facebook link to the project page, just don't want to advertise without permission or interest!

The Skarzs

Unfortunately I can only see the middle one; it looks interesting. Can you give us the premise?

I myself am writing a Redwall-vein-esque work.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Vilu Daskar

I can only see the first two, but they look good.
Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Jukka the Sling

"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Hickory

I like the artwork a lot. Keep it up!

On the other hand, the forum rules state that your signature pic must be 40x350, so your picture is to big. ;)
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Blaggut

Hehe, safe for work anthro art. Like that exists anymore.
~Just a soft space boi~

Cornflower MM

Skyblade

Did you make that art yourself? :)

I can see only the first two, but they look nice. I like them :)

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Lady Amber

Gonff the Mousethief

Hey Talinn! These look amazing! I am actually writing a book right now about animals such as those in Redwall, so its great to see other like you who enjoy the same subject matter! Also, that Rand Al'thor thing is awesome! I love that series!
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Talinn

Quote from: Gonff the Mousethief on January 20, 2016, 05:35:09 AM
Hey Talinn! These look amazing! I am actually writing a book right now about animals such as those in Redwall, so its great to see other like you who enjoy the same subject matter! Also, that Rand Al'thor thing is awesome! I love that series!

Thanks! And it's good to hear someone else is writing something with anthropomorphic animals that isn't a fetish! And yep! I'm a major Wheel of Time fan, I like Rand but my favorite has to be Matrim, the way his story arc evolved was just perfect. Not that there are many bad characters in WoT!

>Did you make that art yourself?

Oh I wish! No, I have illustrators interested in the project.

>Can you give us the premise?

I would, but I'd like to refine the pitch and synopsis a little bit before posting it up, as I get closer to finishing I'll definitely give that to you.

>Hehe, safe for work anthro art. Like that exists anymore.

It does, surprisingly! Maybe not the overwhelming majority these days, but it is possible to find!